Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 9:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    How did they harass you? I'm curious. I was harassed by instructors for sparring too hard (at around 60 percent).

Also, which location did you train at?

Finally: Are you supportive then of calling these RDS people frauds?
    Harassed some by instructors for having learned some of the techniques slightly different from the way RDS teaches them. Also just harassed about upgrading to Tactical Black or into a longer contract than the 3 months I went with. I trained some at the north Phoenix location and some at the Chandler location.

Fraud isn't the word I would go with, as they teach exactly what they say they will and most the time the classes themselves are great especially the fitness classes. Heavy handed and overly aggressive business tactics and not great customer service is what I would say.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2012 12:12pm

Style: Wrestling/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerfists View Post
    Harassed some by instructors for having learned some of the techniques slightly different from the way RDS teaches them. Also just harassed about upgrading to Tactical Black or into a longer contract than the 3 months I went with. I trained some at the north Phoenix location and some at the Chandler location.

Fraud isn't the word I would go with, as they teach exactly what they say they will and most the time the classes themselves are great especially the fitness classes. Heavy handed and overly aggressive business tactics and not great customer service is what I would say.
    I was harassed for being a wrestler. I have this "wrestling habit" of whizzering when I sprawl, and that apparently pissed them off beyond belief. It turned a bag class into a lecture on sprawling on the street. If I whizzer and hit the cement mixer,(which can KO someone on the mat) imagine what it would do on the street. I find RDS folks very close minded. And Tactical Black, atleast now, is fraud. They took their "fight" class and moved it into a bunch of Tactical Black classes. Tactical Black emphasises Kickboxing with no clinchwork, no takedowns, and no takedown defense. The groundwork is a joke. "hehe here's a japanese armbar" and then when the lock is applied, I get bitched out for not tapping. If I don't feel it, I am not going to tap. Sorry.
  3. jonnyvegas

Posted On:
    7/27/2012 2:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just saw this thread and I agree that you should find another place to train in Krav Maga. They took what was a really good school with basic and advanced Krav Maga training and about 18 months ago totally screwed it up beyond repair. The advanced Krav Maga and Krav Maga weapons training used to be awesome, we had big classes and the lead instructor in Chandler would really take us through some conventional and very unconventional self defense training. Weapons training was not only taught in the Saturday morning weapons class, it would also be included in Advanced Krav Maga class in almost every session, the edged weapon training I found to be most valuable for possible real life encounters.

Now all you are left with is all levels Krav class which is unfair to both advanced and beginning students, beginning students deserve to train in the basics for several months and test before moving on to training with more advanced students, and more advanced students should not have to train with beginners unless they chose to attend an all levels class.

They consider the tactical black classes to be the new advanced training...please. WTF is this system even about? You have basic sparring with rules and weapons training mixed together, it makes no sense if your primary goal is self defense training. I like to train techniques that I would use if I were attacked, I would not stand there and put up my dukes and have a sparring session with an attacker, I would defend, destroy and escape...That is what advanced Krav Maga training used to be all about before they stopped offering the class.

I love Krav Maga training and I am still bitter about the ridiculous metamorphosis the school has gone through due to the owners desire to promote the "Fight" classes (a.k.a. Tactical Black) and move away from the Krav Maga System altogether.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/27/2012 7:08am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    You do not seem to take into consideration that there are differences between schools. I don't think you can "review" properly between two stiles from just two schools.
    It's the school review forum. If this school offered classes in Taijiquan, you would include it in the same review.

Do us all a favor and stop thinking.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123