Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 1:58am

Style: Wrestling/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    I would. Your review wasn't solicited, but someone decided it was good enough to put on the front page of their professionally maintained site. If anything, that's evidence of some writing skill.
    I just wanted to give an honest review of a place I trained in for 2 years. I don't know why my review was picked above all the other threads, but I am glad it was. So thank you to whoever made this front page. I am curious to know why I got front page my first week on the site though.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 2:08am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slow your roll Cap. Certain areas have automatic front page links. The next review, news article, or Phrost Rant will work you off the front page.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it isn't as Cap described. Oh and LOL@professional.

Thanks that was funny.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 2:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good to know. I am still gonna sell it for extra credit though. Haha. Seriously though It is Fake, thanks for clarifying my confusion on why this was picked.

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Slow your roll Cap. Certain areas have automatic front page links.
    Good to know. So hey, I'm new. But absolutely, sell this for extra credit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 11:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Teacher didn't go for it. :(

Posted On:
    3/15/2012 1:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav Maga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair review of RDS. Few things...their guy isn't the top Krav Maga instructor in Arizona, he is just the head instructor for their schools. Also, everything you described about Tactical Black is part of Krav Maga, they've just taken out some of the "cooler" stuff and put it into a different program so that they can charge more for it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2012 3:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerfists View Post
    Fair review of RDS. Few things...their guy isn't the top Krav Maga instructor in Arizona, he is just the head instructor for their schools. Also, everything you described about Tactical Black is part of Krav Maga, they've just taken out some of the "cooler" stuff and put it into a different program so that they can charge more for it.
    Have you trained at RDS?
    If so, you should know, they do peg Ackerman as the head Krav guy for Arizona.

Tactical Black is closer to Kickboxing and submission wrestling than Krav.

And also Hammerfists, what is your opinion on RDS? Am I being over analytical saying that you are getting sort of defensive of REACT? Maybe you train there and are nutriding?

Posted On:
    3/15/2012 5:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you misread me...Definitely not defending RDS at all, I'm not a fan. I have trained there briefly (did a 3 month thing when I moved to AZ) and as much as I love Krav I just couldn't take it anymore there. Great facilities and for fitness I really enjoyed some of the bag classes, but the harassment and heavy handed business tactics were far too much to make it enjoyable. Plus I wanted to do Krav and progress in it, not their own system of Tactical Black but they push the upgrade endlessly. I know a few others who have left for feeling the same way.

I have been training in Krav off and on for over 10 years and have trained in numerous schools. I've also done some Muay Thai and BJJ, but for me the Krav system is the best for what I need out of it...it just can really depend on the school sometimes.

Posted On:
    3/15/2012 6:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    Have you trained at RDS?
    If so, you should know, they do peg Ackerman as the head Krav guy for Arizona.

Tactical Black is closer to Kickboxing and submission wrestling than Krav.

And also Hammerfists, what is your opinion on RDS? Am I being over analytical saying that you are getting sort of defensive of REACT? Maybe you train there and are nutriding?
    Sorry for being unclear, What I had meant with my original comment that they say he is the head for Arizona (there is no such thing) but they also make a number of other claims in person and on their website that just aren't quite accurate. And my comment about Tactical Black, from everything you described in your review to everything I have witnessed and heard from others who train in it...they have taken elements of Krav Maga out of their Krav program and created a new system they call Tactical Black and then charge people more for it. So the school is really no longer even a Krav Maga school at all, they just use the name and reputation of Krav to get people in the door and then hound them to upgrade to Tactical Black to get the good stuff. They used to have many Krav classes a day on their schedule, and now its like 1 Krav class with multiple Tactical Black classes.

You can get most all the elements of Tactical Black at other Krav schools because it is already part of Krav Maga (except for some of the offensive shooting stuff they have added). For instance the normal Krav curriculum has fairly extensive ground fighting and sparring material in it already.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2012 9:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerfists View Post
    Sorry for being unclear, What I had meant with my original comment that they say he is the head for Arizona (there is no such thing) but they also make a number of other claims in person and on their website that just aren't quite accurate. And my comment about Tactical Black, from everything you described in your review to everything I have witnessed and heard from others who train in it...they have taken elements of Krav Maga out of their Krav program and created a new system they call Tactical Black and then charge people more for it. So the school is really no longer even a Krav Maga school at all, they just use the name and reputation of Krav to get people in the door and then hound them to upgrade to Tactical Black to get the good stuff. They used to have many Krav classes a day on their schedule, and now its like 1 Krav class with multiple Tactical Black classes.

You can get most all the elements of Tactical Black at other Krav schools because it is already part of Krav Maga (except for some of the offensive shooting stuff they have added). For instance the normal Krav curriculum has fairly extensive ground fighting and sparring material in it already.
    How did they harass you? I'm curious. I was harassed by instructors for sparring too hard (at around 60 percent).

Also, which location did you train at?

Finally: Are you supportive then of calling these RDS people frauds?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast