Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 6:32pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    If you idiots would quit flashing your dicks all over the web these threads would never occur.

Oh and remember, he doesn't train with F. Fong. He trains with Larry Rice. The guy with the two students who looked like beginning strikers. He then adds that the video has harder sparring than what he usually does at Rice's school.

That's the part people keep skipping over in his three posts.
    So you're saying you willingly looked at multiple strangers dicks via the chun?? But really, I knew this thread was coming. Sorry guys, it was only a matter of time before my friend that attends that class asked the instructor if you guys had any base for your claims and then someone shows up to defend it. Resistance is futile!!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 7:20pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilde88 View Post
    So you're saying you willingly looked at multiple strangers dicks via the chun??
    Heck you were warned and WILLINGLY visited a school full of chun dicks. So, you've seen the dick IRL as opposed to my internet thread excursions.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 8:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

grappling out of wing chun that is equivalent to BJJ

Lol true, true. But it fairness to Larry Rice's students, they did seem to be genuinely nice people that just want to practice ma in a relaxed atmosphere, and they never tried to push any beliefs on me. Hopefully none of them will make me look like an ass and start flaming the boards. Like sonofrex said, Larry seems like a great person, so I'm sure that's why he's being defended by a more senior student, but inside everything Mr. Rice said, I felt contradictions. He said he wasn't trying to make a career out of training others, yet a fellow student found a way to get his class sponsored through a local project called RiverLink, and so Mr. Rice held a seminar/fundraiser to raise money for this event. In relation to my last statement, after my second class, Mr. Rice handed out fliers for use to give to out advertising his classes. First off, like I said, if you say you don't want to get big in training, then follow through with that, if not, then don't say it. Secondly, if I'm paying you to teach me something, you better offer me a discount or something to take time out of my day to advertise for you. I'm paying YOU for a service, not so I can be your "do boy." I also heard some of what I'll call "brotherdanielisms" from a student where he stated that people who practice other martial arts are welcome, but they often leave after they go for a high kick and get a return kick to the nuts "because it will land before the high kick." I pray that is not from Mr. Rice's syllabus, but I have a feeling it is.

@sonofrex: If you actually log back on, I just wanted to state that nobody questioned Larry Rice's fighting prowess. Nobody on here probably cares, but I digress. You said he asked you not to brag about his competition record, but his competition record has nothing to do with his teaching abilities or choice of martial artsn which is what the over friendly natives here are trying to say.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by itwasntme; 3/11/2012 8:45pm at .
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 8:48pm

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol -------
    Y u no paragraphs?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 8:51pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sonofrex: If you actually log back on, I just wanted to state that nobody questioned Larry Rice's fighting prowess. Nobody on here probably cares, but I digress. You said he asked you not to brag about his competition record, but his competition record has nothing to do with his teaching abilities or choice of martial artsn which is what the over friendly natives here are trying to say.
    No, that isn't what everyone is saying.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 8:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

grappling out of wing chun that is equivalent to BJJ

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No, that isn't what everyone is saying.
    Simply. Yes there are other points, like the chun is not bjj or mt. I'm mainly referring to sonofrex's first post(s) where he was defending his instructor, not where he said the chun is an all inclusive gagglefuck of martial arts.

Edit: I'm also referring to the statements made about the video in question. If you're pulling much else from this thread, then please, help me follow with you.

Last edited by itwasntme; 3/11/2012 9:10pm at .
    Start a training log!

i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 9:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    Y u no paragraphs?
    Lol I'm using Tapatalk, so since there's no tab button, I don't like to fancify my posts with paragraph form and things of the sort unless I'm consolidating extra post ideas into one post.

Next thought. Can anyone tell me if you can quote more than one post on Tapatalk so I can quit making multiple posts to respond to multiple people in the same thread?

And lastly, am I misremebering things, or does anyone else feel like sonofrex is a Metal Gear Solid thing? Feels kinda nostalgic.

Start a training log!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 9:13pm

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol I'm using Tapatalk, so since there's no tab button, I don't like to fancify my posts with paragraph form and things of the sort unless I'm consolidating extra post ideas into one post.

Next thought. Can anyone tell me if you can quote more than one post on Tapatalk so I can quit making multiple posts to respond to multiple people in the same thread?

And lastly, am I misremebering things, or does anyone else feel like sonofrex is a Metal Gear Solid thing? Feels kinda nostalgic.

I wouldn't call it 'fancifying', more like 'readable'.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 9:19pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simply. Yes there are other points, like the chun is not bjj or mt. I'm mainly referring to sonofrex's first post(s) where he was defending his instructor, not where he said the chun is an all inclusive gagglefuck of martial arts.
    I'm talking about your comment in whole. Competition does matter to many posters here and if he had a verifiable fight record there would be less "runaway" and more "check it out."

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2012 9:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @IiF: I see where you're coming from. But do you see what I'm saying about being a good fighter doesn't necessarily mean you're a good coach? That's like hiring the winner of American Idol to train you how to sing, yeah they're good, but if that doesn't mean they can teach you how to sing.

@Auszi: Sorry if that was painful on the eyes. If I go on any more rants, I will try to make it as legible as possible.

Start a training log!

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162223242526 27282930 ... LastLast