Posted On:
    2/29/2012 3:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilde88 View Post
    Waaaah Waaaah Waaaaah Waaaah Style vs Style waaah waaaah waaaah
    Bullshit. Very few people in this thread, if any, said BJJ is better than the chun. See, I now know you didn't read any chun threads. Most of the Style vs. Style comes from chunners.

Look at your own damn posts. Everyone is attacking what the chun doesn't do. You are the only one bringing in new styles for comparison.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 3:15pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're right, nobody specifically said the style they practice is better than the chun, I just felt like that's basically being said. While that could be true for some or all of the people it was presumptuous of me to say that. But I'm not asking for style comparisons, I just want to know about the styles I've mentioned. I'm not here to compare style vs style, if anything that's a ring debate.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 3:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I said you didn't read any threads. When we bash style vs. Style there is no holding back. People are going to come out and say "Wing Chun sucks!!" For the most part it does; get over it.

Also, you obviously don't understand style vs. style. That means variations of this style is better than that style. Not wing chun is dead, static, and doesn't train correctly. That is called style bashing except quite a few of us have trained chun.

You have asked questions about at least 6 different arts. Now, you are saying you get the impression this is style vs style? Like I said, you introduced different styles by asking multiple questions. It is disingenuous to now say you inferred that it is a thread about style vs stlye unless you blame yourself.

NO ONE IS TALKING STYLE VS STYLE BUT YOU.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 3:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just said it was my ignorance that brought that comment on... Like I said a while back, I'm not good at putting my thoughts clearly into sentences sometimes, especially when I have to write or type it out.

Start a training log!

i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 3:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it really seems like your looking for validation for chun and plugging your ears when people address better options.

you said you didn't want to take krav because your fear of it not being "legit", well the entire chun style has been called into question here for the same level of "legitness"

the simple fact is the great majority of chun schools dont do aliveness and it seems you don't have the money to pay for what they are charging you, so why is this school still an option?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 3:50pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where did you get the idea that you want to teach in 4 years?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 3:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the same place he got the idea to pay for classes while unemployed with child, straight out from his arse.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 3:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as this school being an option, no school is an option until I find work. Any options I look at are options for the future. And yes, I said I wanted to teach krav after 4 years because that's the amount of training required to get certified, but I changed my mind after talking to ppl on here because i wouldn't be a genuine krav instructor having only took a week long course in it to get instructor certified. At this point I've come back down to earth and realised I just need to take my time and focus on some short term goals.

Start a training log!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 4:08pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 4:49pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilde88 View Post
    I understand both of you. But I didn't say the judo club was bad or that I wasn't gonna check a class out, only that a member said some specifically about that school. If I was going to go purely on opinions of others though, I'd be more likely to listen to somebody that's saying something bad about a specific school rather than a style. Most everyone who has tore down the chun just sounds like style vs style talk. But I do intend to check the judo club out either way. Is there anything specific I should look for or ask about judo or the club when I go? Like I said all I know about judo is what I've seen on the internet which makes it all look like flashy flows with little filler as far as punches or kicks and I'm not really interested in throwing someone down for sport.

There's no punching in judo, there's no kicking in judo but you'll get more hard contact in two weeks of judo than in a year of wing chun. Stop blah blahing and boo booing cause you wanna be donnie yen and go try some different classes. Try several.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast