Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 3:09pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and that may be, but idk them. i wasn't saying i completely don't respect their opinions, just that i take everything anybody says on here with a grain of salt. i ask for opinions, but in the end i have to make the final decision.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 3:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilde88 View Post
    Rivington: i asked for ppl to check out the website in another post that got mangled and beat to death then thrown into a pile of other posts where it continued to get beat from time to time lol. if you're interested the link is: http://www.mountainmartialartsacademy.com/
    Well it got mangled because you made a bunch of different threads about the same topic—should you go to this school? Go ahead, just go to it, then after a while tell us what you think.

The school, if the website is true, may not be the most terrible place in the world. At least some of the people the teacher claims to hang out with have some good stuff. Of course, if the teacher is just cobbling **** together from a bunch of disparate weekend seminars, it may well stink on ice after all. So go, take a few classes, then report back.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 4:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what I've basically been asking in my other threads, I just want ideas on what to look for. Is there any real criteria or is it gonna be more of a gut feeling and how I feel with the class? Everybody wants to rate WC and go off topic completely which is not what I need. I just want to know what I should expect to find in the WC system, if anyone actually has the r34l (hun or however its ppl that make fun of chun spell it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 4:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what I've basically been asking in my other threads, I just want ideas on what to look for.
    Don't look for anything. Just go, come back, and tell us what happened. Empty your cup, son.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 4:28pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what I've basically been asking in my other threads, I just want ideas on what to look for. Is there any real criteria or is it gonna be more of a gut feeling and how I feel with the class? Everybody wants to rate WC and go off topic completely which is not what I need. I just want to know what I should expect to find in the WC system, if anyone actually has the r34l (hun or however its ppl that make fun of chun spell it

Less talk, more training. In the time it's taken for you to make all of these posts, you probably could have gone to at least one (more) class.

You've solicited opinions and received some answers. Now go see for yourself. Come back and tell us what your impressions are.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 4:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been asking questions cuz the chun class is once a week so in the down time I been anxiously awaiting the next class, which is tonight, so if I can think of anything productive to say I will of course be posting said productive ideas on here

Start a training log!

i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 4:49pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    So I suspect it is possible to find the deadly real chun out there. It's just one school per ten thousand instead of one school per, uh, one or two, as in judo.
    This was actually covered in one of his other three threads.

I've been asking questions cuz the chun class is once a week so in the down time I been anxiously awaiting the next class, which is tonight, so if I can think of anything productive to say I will of course be posting said productive ideas on here

Hahahaha. Once a week? LOL.

Edit: Merged with newbietown thread "PPl in my area."
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/28/2012 4:57pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 5:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its not a very big class usually from what I hear. There was 8 ppl other than me last time and he's the only instructor. Either way at 20 a class and a kid to feed I couldn't afford more classes now anyway

Start a training log!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 5:01pm

Style: Weight Lifting,Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you really want to train once a week? That alone seems like a bit of a negative to me.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 5:07pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $20 Dollars a class? A single class? What about the JKD is it included? What type of package deal can you get? That is a ridiculous amount to pay.
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast