Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 7:28am

Style: WMA Lichtenauer Longsword

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New Lichtenauer Group in London, UK

I'm rather proud to say that I'm starting a new HEMA group in London. I first began studying HEMA with KdF's Nottingham chapter, and ever since I've moved south I've been waiting until I was in a position to start a group here. This will be KdF's 12th chapter/group, I believe, and our fourth in the UK.

We'll be meeting weekly in central London, hopefully beginning in April or March. KdF focus on Lichtenauer longsword with an approach based around compact, efficient body mechanics, engaging with the source material, and training KdF as an alive martial art.

If you're interested, please take a look at further information, and let me know you're interested, via the form at our website.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 9:07am

Style: Bowie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that London is freaking big, but how many different HEMA groups are operating in London now?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 8:24am

Style: WMA Lichtenauer Longsword

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure - there's at least one other trying to start up at the moment, and I'm not some aren't defunct. Also depends how you classify "HEMA" - there are SCA people and reenactors around blurring the boundaries.