Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 11:22pm

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kung Fu Quest

What;'s up CMAer's just derping around on the youtube when I saw this recommended to me by youtube.

Did a quick search and found nothing. didn't feel like my nonexixtant knowledge of CMA would make even a decent paragraph so I stoled one:

Posted by lbrother28 on outie.net

This is a TV series similar to Fight Quest called Kung Fu Quest produced by TVB. It's a showcase of the many major Chinese martial art styles in China. They have young guys with martial art background visiting different masters of each styles and have them show what each style is all about. And similar to the Fight Quest show they have a sparring match at the end.
    Anyway, I really liked this show better than Fight Quest because they actually have genuine masters who really know their stuff and are willing to show how their stuff works. It's only 5 episodes and I enjoyed all of them. I think this series is very good to help people to understand what is real Chinese Kung Fu and its full potential. Enjoy.

Episodes
    1- Wudang Kung fu
    2- Shaoling Kung Fu
    3- Wing Chun
    4- Hung Gar
    5- Tai Chi

Trailer:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykzi6ftqQFc

Here is a show form the second season

XINGYI:

Look out for IRL Master Roshi @ 4:15

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 12:53pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's times like these I wish I could fast-forward my Chinese language study a decade or so, so I could understand what the **** they are saying or at least read ...this poor gwai lo still needs subtitles.

I watched some of these (can't seem to find the Hung Ga episode but I didn't look long), they are very well put together, I thought, showing how the training differs from performance-based to more sport/competition-based.

I dig the old master with the cane and glasses. If you are going to be a kung fu master, you should having a pimp style like that.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/24/2012 12:56pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 5:12pm

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't fucking spell.

Tapatalk

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 8:38am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So far I only watchd the one on Xingyi, but it was pretty cool. How exactly, though, do you know which video is which lol? Their Changlish is pretty good, but the video titles are writtin in kanji!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 5:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hokuto Shin Ken

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kanji? It's called traditional chinese.

Main points of the Xingyi Video.

All the masters were delighted to have new people to spar with especially those of different styles that makes them have to step their kung fu up/change.

One of the masters said. It's great to have these exchanges (sparring) otherwise the kung fu becomes nothing more than an aerobic exercise like running or swimming.

When you hit in this style it's like hitting a fly, you have to to be quick.

The first exercise was to show them the difference between relaxed and hard. If you're always hard/stiff :P you risk injury.

When you punch, dont go horizontal. If you do you will be fighting gravity all the way keeping your fist up. Instead use gravity raise your hand a little higher and let your fist move down and foward.

Spear was exercise to increase waist power. Jerry (glasses) said he feels after it was like spending lots of time hitting a bag but without the impact damage.

Philip (kickboxer presenter): It's great that we live in this time. As years ago I would have to hide the fact i did kung fu. Now I am proud to know kung fu and share/learn from others.

Thats all i remember for now. Hope its some help to you guys.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 6:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was really informative Geese, thank you. Is there a website I could use to translate the title of these videos so I know what I'm finna get myself into?

Start a training log!

i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 6:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh i found this one

Three hong kong lads go to mongolia to try wresling and get powned

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 5:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry Jwilde my chinese reading sucks ass. I'm using my wife to translate most of the writing and the madarin.

However if you guys can post the links I'm sure I can ask her to translate them.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 9:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can go to translate.google.com to translate the titles, but the only three I can find is for 2 3 and 4, I can't find any others.

Start a training log!

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 5:41pm

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is great.

Here's the link to the Hung Gar one.

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast