Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 11:49pm

Style: MMA/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That looks like an excellent way to troll in a competition..

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 6:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    My thoughts exactly! It's always fun to see people who don't know how to cartwheel try to do them.
    I can't do a proper cartwheel and I'm a dan grade, but I recognise their usefulness for Judo and won't object to anyone saying cartwheels are beneficial to your Judo.

Mind you, my shitty cartwheels are enough to have gotten me off a fair few tomoe nage and sumi gaeshi.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    The translation of the narration in that video is epic. Japanese is so beautiful and condescending all at once.
    My favourite bits are 'like a tiny toothpick' and 'it worked pretty well... until my arm snapped in half'.

Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    The Japanese are only perhaps rivaled by the English in this regard. I recall a famous climber, almost falling to his death on the Eiger, remarking that "It made me nervous. I almost dropped me fag."
    How terribly droll a colonial seeking to derive amusement from superior linguistic abilities...

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 7:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    I can't do a proper cartwheel and I'm a dan grade, but I recognise their usefulness for Judo and won't object to anyone saying cartwheels are beneficial to your Judo.

Mind you, my shitty cartwheels are enough to have gotten me off a fair few tomoe nage and sumi gaeshi.

My favourite bits are 'like a tiny toothpick' and 'it worked pretty well... until my arm snapped in half'.
    The "like a tiny toothpick" line actually made me snort. Not only is your arm brittle like a toothpick, but even a toothpick is an oversized comparison for that weak baby arm you wrongly assumed would support you.

As for the cartwheels, I would think a shitty one would be better, as it'll plant less weight on your arm and give you less chance to fall the wrong way (away from your belly or backward). I think what's shown in the OP video is a good balance drill but high risk enough to be called stupid when attempted in competition, glorious though it may look if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 11:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cartwheels can be useful, but, i think I'll pass on the chance for the snapped arm. also helps he is a lightweight, would love to see some super heavy's go for this.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 5:37pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 6:31pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!