Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 4:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    There's none left you used it all in every post.

Oh no.

Then don't ever read your own posts.

12 years on the net and you flipped out over someone talking slick? Hahahahahaha......
    Oh and how did the ignore function work?
    Bwahahahahahaaaaaaa.............
    Hey tard, guess you never heard of browser add ons. Fucking idiot.

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 5:06pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is hilarious. N00bs, for your own benefit, STFU. Seriously. Read more; post less. Your opinions are not only stupid, uneducated, inexperienced, with a heavy dose of wataah movie influence and the majority of members here are laughing their arses off AT YOU and your whinging about TMA.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 6:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so you are going on ignore, something I've never done in 12 years of being on the net.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downrange View Post
    No it did not work now watch me cover my ass.
    Fixed!!

I do like that you claim to never have done it, but you know about browser add-ons LOL.

Oh and you still didn't ignore me dumb ****.
    Bwahahahahaaaaa

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 7:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh goodness fucking gracious dude, why don't you help yourself to a steaming bowl of ****. Now this is directed at you: **** you. Not arguing with a fool so you are going on ignore, something I've never done in 12 years of being on the net.
    First off, why the hell would you tell someone they're going on "Ignore"? Just do it. & Second, why announce that you're going to do it before you know if you can do it or not? & Third, you can just ignore someone by choice, you don't have to interact with their stupidity/belligerence/whatever, kinda like you do in real life?
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2012 7:17pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Third, you can just ignore someone by choice, you don't have to interact with their stupidity/belligerence/whatever, kinda like you do in real life?
    Yes, and Jim knows what he is talking about because he has more of those than me, Sirc, and Rudy combined.

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 8:51am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did It is Fake douchebag say something????? I won't know if she did because her posts are ignored!

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 8:56am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did It is Fake douchebag say something????? I won't know if she did because her posts are ignored!
    OMG it has me on ignore, but not really.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2012 9:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty awesome video, going to add him to my list of awesome skeptics (Neil Degrasse Tyson is my hero). I would say watching it should be a requirement for joining the forums but as has clearly been demonstrated, half the newbies (and some of the older farts) have a deep seated urge to make it about them or their art vs the world.

There should be a giant banner on the website that explains exactly how skepticism works.

Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    This is hilarious. N00bs, for your own benefit, STFU. Seriously. Read more; post less. Your opinions are not only stupid, uneducated, inexperienced, with a heavy dose of wataah movie influence and the majority of members here are laughing their arses off AT YOU and your whinging about TMA.
    *bows head in shame* okay

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 8:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

While I "generally" agree with this guy...but

I'm a Wing Chun relatively new practitioner - and an admitted newbie to this forum,...but I have been studying Zen Buddhism for some 20 years or so...

I do have a few points to make:

1. I don't think Matt Thornton fully understands "Buddhism" as a "religion" means well millions of things to millions of people.

2. In particular, for millions of people, my self included, "Buddhism" is indeed a thing that encourages the attitude of if you can't know about it (e.g., life after death) you don't say you know about it. (I would prefer to call it a "religion" instead of "spiritual" for precisely the reasons Thompson brings out - I deplore new age fluff or superstition.)

3. I would take every single point everyone makes about CMA/JMA - and Wing Chun especially - as "having no ground game" and all that...and reply, "Point taken, but for many practitioners, myself it's not particularly relevant" because...

4. There's aspects to martial arts as 功夫 - "kung fu" - in its original sense as to be a person of accomplishment that means that whatever some or all of the TMA/CMA/JMA martial arts "lack" in terms of ability in an actual fight is more than made up for by the psychological/motor skills/social/... benefits provided. Thompson kind of makes this point, I think but I think it's much stronger than he makes it.

That last point is a subject for a whole other thread probably.
    Last edited by Mumon; 5/14/2012 8:38am at .

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 8:43am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for your contribution, Mumon - but I think it's pretty important to clearly delineate between general lifestyle benefits, and actual martial value.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast