Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 12:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They probably have that covered as well. The Stop fund transfer is the best way to go.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 5:18pm

Style: Wrestling/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Holy **** what? They charge extra for sparring? If you can't train they add extra months or did you tell them to freeze your account? There is a huge difference between the two. One is on you and your family. The other is straight up unethical IMO.
    They are willing to stop making us pay, but have still charged the last 2 months, knowing full well I smashed the **** out of my left hand in a freestyle wrestling match. (Oh and one of my instructors thought this was hilarious and mentioned the "heavy petting getting aggressive, huh?" If it was funny, I wouldn't be in a goddamn cast with surgery as a realistic option.) Yes it is mostly on my family and I admit it. I do have to report that I just talked to our instructor and he mentioned injury not being a factor, since 3 more months will be added free of charge to my contract....In that amount of time, I will be at either UT in Austin, or UNR at Reno...and still paying these nutjobs if I didn't also talk to my bank. I am going back there for a few months while my contract is still pending....while everyone is sparring at 20%, I'll be going 100%...which is dangerous....for our instructors mental health

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 5:21pm

Style: Weight Lifting,Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does your contract not have a distance clause? At my gym you can cancel with no penalty if you move out of the immediate area.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 5:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    Does your contract not have a distance clause? At my gym you can cancel with no penalty if you move out of the immediate area.
    They do have that clause. Any advice on how to play it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 5:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    They do have that clause. Any advice on how to play it?
    I'd tell them you need to not be billed for the months you aren't training and that you don't need more time added, then when you move, you're free and clear. If they quibble, stop paying. It sound to me like they're pushing you around because you're a teenager and they think they can get away with it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 6:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    I'd tell them you need to not be billed for the months you aren't training and that you don't need more time added, then when you move, you're free and clear. If they quibble, stop paying. It sound to me like they're pushing you around because you're a teenager and they think they can get away with it.
    What if I'm not moving immediatly though? I am moving in summer of 2013, but thats still over a year of Mcdojo. Should I just say I'm moving sooner?

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 6:06pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** THEM!!!! Seriously, they have no right to do what they are doing. TAKE OUR ADVICE, CANCEL THE PAYMENT AND BE DONE. This thread need not go any further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 6:10pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What if I'm not moving immediatly though? I am moving in summer of 2013, but thats still over a year of Mcdojo. Should I just say I'm moving sooner?
    what is the exact wording of the clause?
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 6:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They are willing to stop making us pay, but have still charged the last 2 months, knowing full well I smashed the **** out of my left hand in a freestyle wrestling match. (Oh and one of my instructors thought this was hilarious and mentioned the "heavy petting getting aggressive, huh?" If it was funny, I wouldn't be in a goddamn cast with surgery as a realistic option.) Yes it is mostly on my family and I admit it. I do have to report that I just talked to our instructor and he mentioned injury not being a factor, since 3 more months will be added free of charge to my contract....In that amount of time, I will be at either UT in Austin, or UNR at Reno...and still paying these nutjobs if I didn't also talk to my bank. I am going back there for a few months while my contract is still pending....while everyone is sparring at 20%, I'll be going 100%...which is dangerous....for our instructors mental health
    Okay then he isn't "officially" extending the contract. I see what he is trying to do and actually, if truthful, it isn't bad. All the other crap is stupid and unethical.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 6:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No one is going to be able to give you any advice other than has already been given without seeing the contract.

Scan it and upload that junk. Just black out your ID info.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast