Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 10:10am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How did you sign a contract if you are 17? Tell those dudes to piss off!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 10:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First you need a mentality change.
    This is the Western world, You pay them money for a service that they provide, thus making you the customer. If you don't like the service anymore or feel that the service that they provided isn't adequat for you anymore, just cancel the payments and stop using the service.
    It's a business and customer is still King!

If they would be teaching you out of the kindness of their heart without charging anything, you would/could be stuck with a moral dilemma, but this isn't the case.

So see if your parents have signed a contract for you, block the transfers from your bank, pay the cancellation fee (if it's legit) and tell them that you're stopping. Case closed.
    If you, as a minor, have signed a contract, it will not be valid, so just stop the withdraws and give them the finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 11:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Umm, yeah. What they said ^^^. You're the customer bro. They work for you. You don't owe them any explanation at all. Get to stepping. Cancel the bank draw. Come back and kick their asses in two years. The end.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 11:17am

Style: Weight Lifting,Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell them you're cancelling. Leave. Tell your bank not to tender them anymore payments. You're probably making a much bigger deal out of the issue than it really is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 11:30am

Style: Wrestling/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zod View Post
    Tell them you're cancelling. Leave. Tell your bank not to tender them anymore payments. You're probably making a much bigger deal out of the issue than it really is.
    My dad signed the contract, since I am a minor. Unfortunatly, I am still paying, not him. They don't see it as the customer is key, they see it as, We Refuse the right to pay your end package, which is predatory buisness, and has been mentioned in another of my posts. I do like the idea of kicking their ass in 2 years.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 11:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    My dad signed the contract, since I am a minor. Unfortunatly, I am still paying, not him. They don't see it as the customer is key, they see it as, We Refuse the right to pay your end package, which is predatory buisness, and has been mentioned in another of my posts. I do like the idea of kicking their ass in 2 years.
    It's very easy. They don't have to like it. Stop paying them. If they want to go to court, which they won't, then let them.

Why are your parents not advising you how to handle this? That's what parents are for.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 12:21pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell them in a certified letter you are canceling, and that you are amicable to paying the cancellation fee but not continuing to pay the monthly dues.

I personally would tell them this in person before the letter arrives, without mentioning that a letter duplicating the information is en route.

I would, during that talk in person, inform them very simply you like the gym but want to focus on competition.

Failing that, feel free to tell them you're moving for college. Most contracts have a 25 mile clause.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 11:50pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just tell him you would like to train in mma and have to quit due to money issues

that is what you are saying if im correct,
    also that way you don''t have to say his classes are bad you just outgrew them

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 2:14am

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell them you just found out you are HIV positive and you don't want to endanger their students or themselves.

I guarantee they will cancel your contract on the spot!

If you have it in you to fib a little bit ;-)

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 7:11am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your two threads are now merged. Your newest question is a continuation of the MABS thread.

Merged:
    How do I Tell My KM instructor its time to go?

It is back in MABS, post appropriately.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/29/2012 7:20am at .
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast