223882 Bullies, 3529 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 3:38am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post

I'm actually going to track down a local KM class and see how this goes first hand.
    :D ! McDojo review?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 3:55am

Style: Wrestling/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    The worst thing about KM isn't that there are a lot of slimy people using it to make a quick buck. It's the image that they use to promote the style, which transcends the term McDojo well into what is known in the firearms community as TacticaLOL. (Which we, coincidentally, run the website for as well).

The idea of overweight suburbanites training to become eye-gouging, biting, elbowing, super secret agents is flat-out annoying. I'm actually going to track down a local KM class and see how this goes first hand.

The trick is that, again, there are some very good KM schools out there. I do not want to label the entire style (unlike Aikido) as garbage. But there's absolutely no reason a KM school couldn't have its own fight team if the training they do is valid. All they'd have to do is stick to the fundamentals, which are universal across styles, while leaving out the "dirty" tricks.

Bottom line, if a school isn't teaching a complete beginner how to throw a punch properly, to the extent said beginner could use it effectively in a controlled environment, it shouldn't be in the business of supposedly preparing people to defend themselves in an uncontrolled one.
    Be careful of two things when demo-ing Krav maga. Paying for demos, and asshole "krav is the best" types who will mess with demo guys. Some of my old training pals used to do that type of thing, as it is sophmoric and detrimental to training.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 10:46am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    I have to find a way around the cancellation fee, which, after using my hard earned cash on rehab for a wrestling injury, becomes a bit of a pain.
    *Again consult a lawyer but here's my advice from an actual gym owner. According to my math you are actually underage and are under no contractual obligation to fulfill the terms of the contract. If they would like to take you litigation it would be done in small claims court and that would pretty much not cost you anything; unless you lose the case. Basically you do a stop payment on your end after giving them your cancellation. If your parents are actually paying for this then consult them on how you feel and how they would like to move forward. If you signed a contract obligating you to 2 years then there is no cancellation. You have fulfilled your obligation and you are under no obligation to pay the cancellation fee if that's how it is worded.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 4:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you. This was very informative, and you all were very helpful. I just wish I wasn't McDojo'd for 2 years.

P.S. Its 120 dollars for a large #5 at this place. Lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 12:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How do I Tell My KM instructor its time to go?

So, if you've seen my other posts you know I trained at a Mcdojo for Krav Maga. Enough Krav bashing though. A friend of mine reccommened I start BJJ to round out my wrestling skills. I said I'd try it, and when I went to the local MMA gym, I was extremely impressed. Anyway, on to my question.....

How do I tell my Head instructor that I can't train there anymore? I am thinking of playing my broken fingers as a trump card, if they refuse to let me pay my cancellation fee. More importantly, how do I tell my head instructor, without offending him, that I don't want to train there? Should I just tell him I want to move on from "Mcdojo Krap Maga" to something better?

Thank you. -CF

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 12:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am thinking of playing my broken fingers as a trump card, if they refuse to let me pay my cancellation fee.
    I'm really tired, so maybe I'm reading this wrong. BUt are you looking for a way to convince them to charge you money to be able to leave?
    More importantly, how do I tell my head instructor, without offending him, that I don't want to train there?
    I don't wanna train here anymore. The more you try and flesh it out the more likely the truth will come out. But come on you think they suck and are going on to better things. Who cares what they think?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 12:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    I'm really tired, so maybe I'm reading this wrong. BUt are you looking for a way to convince them to charge you money to be able to leave?
    Their cancellation fee is mandatory, but they can refuse to let you pay it, and keep on charging your bank account anyway. Which would be bad, because I would waste 1500 bucks for 10 months of McDojoey goodness(sarcasm). I would ne ridiculed because I tried to go learn "non-street" styles such as boxing and BJJ. How do I know they'll give me ****? I had to eat **** there, because I wrestle on my school's team and club team. You'd think cross training would be encouraged, infact in Israel it is. Nope. Not dealing with that "YOU BETRAYED THE SYSTEM, ARRRRRAAAAGGGGHHH" fiasco again.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 12:31am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In that case, where you have informed them of your intent to pay a cancellation fee, walk out with your middle finger up on one hand, the other hand dialling your bank to put a stop on any authorisation you gave to them to take money out. I admit I don't know the banking laws of your country, but if you change bank account details they need authorisation to get to it. If you've offered to pay a cancellation fee, they have zero reason for going to court to get the authorisation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 12:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good advice, I'm only 17, so I don't want to go to small claims or anything.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 1:00am

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to your bank and cancel the e-money draw their.

Tell them your stopping.

Move on.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast