Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2012 4:00pm

Style: Wrestling/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey Dewey View Post
    I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions to this, but out of the 3 Krav Maga instructors that I've met, none of them were particularly good at fighting. That's just been my experience. I have yet to impressed by the power of krav maga.
    There is no power of Krav Maga. Its pretty much people trying to resell prepackaged self defense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2012 4:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another update: RDS has a Facebook page, and the posts are priceless. Most of the "recommendations" are students who have only been there a week or so it seems. Its funny how all of them seem to love it so much. The ones that come up a lot: "Best place in the Phoenix area to train." (Is Arizona Combat Sports not in the Phoenix area? Or Power MMA. Or Southwest MMA. Or a 10th Planet school? Or Sitan Muay Thai?) "Training recieved here is 2nd to none." (Really, so hitting a punch sheild with literally no aliveness is 2nd to none?) Mainly they talk about it being a great workout. I've only seen one person puke from this "best workout of your life" and it was because I missed the pad with a knee and caught them in the ribcage. (For which I got 100 burpees for being to agressive).
    Last edited by Clinchfighter; 3/16/2012 5:10am at . Reason: Different axe to grind, more complaints.

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 1:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm curious. Is this Wrights Gym in Pittsburgh? I was actually thinking of going there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 11:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ipunchulongtime View Post
    I'm curious. Is this Wrights Gym in Pittsburgh? I was actually thinking of going there.
    1.) Welcome to Bullshido.

2.) If you read the post...you would know this is REACT Defense in Gilbert AZ.

3.) Post in NewbieTown about Wrights, or search Bullshido if you want to know...
    4.) Search Wrights Gym on Bullshido...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/13/2012 10:41pm

Style: Kickboxing, LGKF, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see the problem, the place is shite and you don't want to train there. Go into your bank and cancel the payment then don't go again. I'm pretty sure they can't sure your arse if you're under 18 I'm pretty sure you have to be above that age to sign a contract. That said, being a Brit I'm not sure on American laws however, I'm pretty sure that this would get thrown out in court if it even got there. You no longer want the service, you're no longer attending the service and thus you no longer want to pay for it. You were unsatisfied with the training there and wish to end your contract with them.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 12:05am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post
    I don't see the problem, the place is shite and you don't want to train there. Go into your bank and cancel the payment then don't go again. I'm pretty sure they can't sure your arse if you're under 18 I'm pretty sure you have to be above that age to sign a contract. That said, being a Brit I'm not sure on American laws however, I'm pretty sure that this would get thrown out in court if it even got there. You no longer want the service, you're no longer attending the service and thus you no longer want to pay for it. You were unsatisfied with the training there and wish to end your contract with them.
    I hope a camel rapes you with a 15" razor.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 12:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    So after training there for 2 years, I decided to look at other options heres why:

-Set and locked contract with a HUGE cancellation fee ($573 plus interest for how long you have been training.)
    -You don't get out of contract if you are injured...I should know, they still charge me even though I have showed the instructors my x-rays showing broken meta-carpals.
    -20 buck just to demo a class.
    -Krav Classes are 40 minues hitting pads with hammerfists(never thought they were really effective) plus 20 minutes drilling common sense...
    -Our head instructor, the only Krav Maga Worldwide certified instructor is absent frequently, leaving other, less experienced instructors to drill us.
    -Instructors go out of their way to discredit other fighting styles, in my case grappling.
    -You have to pay an additional 100 bucks a month to spar( I'm in High school, this breaks my bank, literally.)
    -Only allowed to spar at 20 percent and sparring is basically boxing with front and round kicks.

Your opinions?
    stupid contracts, ridiculous cancellation fees, and no adjustments for injuries etc are a huge sign of McDojos. I NEVER train anywhere that requires contracts. Nine times out of ten such a business model will **** up everything. IMO martial arts get fucked up by business more often than not. & quite often such contracts never hold up in court so tell them to suck it & go find a judo or bjj school.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 3:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I hope a camel rapes you with a 15" razor.
    I'm guessing I've done something wrong? Me'h probably said something stupid. Was 4 in the morning when I wrote that, fairly groggy and in desperate need of sleep. Should know from experience that it's best not to type anything when you're in that state. Got called out on it, my own stupid fault.

Back to the thread. I am curious as to whether or not this got sorted out. Read all 14 pages and didn't see anything. Noted a post where Clinch went back to cancel and ended up sparring. Wondering if he still cancelled on that day or just stuck with the training.
    Last edited by Sovvolf; 5/14/2012 3:16am at .

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 5:06am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post
    Read all 14 pages and didn't see anything
    I'm thinking you must have missed a few pages.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/14/2012 5:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I'm thinking you must have missed a few pages.
    Last message I can find addressing it was on page 10, the message about the sparring. Then it went into a conversation about firemans and suplays. There's a few things on page 13 that talk about shady Krav instructors but nothing on leaving.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15 LastLast