Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TMI dude, TMI.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 7:33pm

Style: Wrestling/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I posted this on Yahoo answers, but then I figured Bullshido would eliminate a lot of the trolls. AND IT DID-(magic?)

As for the Penis...what the ****? You don't need to be sharing **** like that bro!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 10:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it was mentioned on the first page but Southwestmma.com is good value for money. I train there. They offer a 30 day free trial and we have a couple high schoolers, some wrestlers some fighters and mostly a group of pretty chill dudes. For the 30 day trial you walk in and put your name, signature and address on the sign in sheet that acts as a waiver. That's it, no worries. We are more slanted towards submission grappling and kickboxing but there are gi classes and conditioning too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2012 8:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by onyx2002 View Post
    I think it was mentioned on the first page but Southwestmma.com is good value for money. I train there. They offer a 30 day free trial and we have a couple high schoolers, some wrestlers some fighters and mostly a group of pretty chill dudes. For the 30 day trial you walk in and put your name, signature and address on the sign in sheet that acts as a waiver. That's it, no worries. We are more slanted towards submission grappling and kickboxing but there are gi classes and conditioning too.
    I start at Power MMA next month. This issue has been resolved,a and if you read the whole thread, you proabably got quite a bit of randomness out of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 2:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to necro but I have an Update:
    While doing some research on shady Krav instructors I found this little gem:
    " ....you need to work like that for 23 days and hold a Black Belt and pass an audition to do Basic Krav Maga insrtructor training. "

The RDS instructors who are actually certified at the training center in Los Angeles have plaques saying the made white through orange and orange through green belt. No mention of anything higher.

Thoughts and opinions?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 10:37am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not understanding your point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 4:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I'm not understanding your point.
    The instructors who are certified at the American headquarters aren't technically allowed to teach according to Krav Worldwide, because they aren't blackbelts. There is my point good sir.

In addition, most of the classes are taught by younger instructors who haven't even seen the LA headquarters, and are just "okayed" by the instructors who were. Which just put them at near ATA levels of Mcdojo.

Posted On:
    3/14/2012 10:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Flithy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds to one like me, and I am a huge KM fan. Knew it wouldn't be long before that happened, happens to almost all of whatever maybe popular in MA. I would go to the minnimum length of the contract if it was money up front, or leave immediately if it is a monthly fee. Go find a place that is Legit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2012 11:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargeslide View Post
    Sounds to one like me, and I am a huge KM fan. Knew it wouldn't be long before that happened, happens to almost all of whatever maybe popular in MA. I would go to the minnimum length of the contract if it was money up front, or leave immediately if it is a monthly fee. Go find a place that is Legit.
    Are you just a fan of KM or a practitioner? Now that is out of the way, did you read the thread? I did leave, for the 6 months I have a "broken hand" I will be training MMA with a focus on my wrestling backround. The MMA gym I am going to, Power MMA is legit. By the time I go back to Krav, my contract should be done.

Posted On:
    3/15/2012 5:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions to this, but out of the 3 Krav Maga instructors that I've met, none of them were particularly good at fighting. That's just been my experience. I have yet to impressed by the power of krav maga.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415 LastLast