Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 1:06pm

Style: Wrestling/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Actually no. It's quite common. Like when they call a suplex a souffle. It's not worth the time to correct it. Depending on how you did the fireman I might've agreed, but I doubt it.
    It was as sick a firemans as I could have pulled off. Oh, and I have heard them use the souffle thing. I think they are trying to combine suplex and supplay...still though. Whats your opinion on whizzering for the str33t?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 1:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Wanted to learn how to fight, found Krav, started Krav, it sucked, I quit. Found Muay Thai, it's awesome, I'm awesome.
    Is that you Barney Stinson? Is this me?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 1:46pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    It was as sick a firemans as I could have pulled off. Oh, and I have heard them use the souffle thing. I think they are trying to combine suplex and supplay...still though. Whats your opinion on whizzering for the str33t?
    Actually you just did it yourself. It's not supplay it's simply suplex. Sometimes suplex is pronounced "supplay". Don't worry about it. Everybody says things that they misheard or believed they heard. So can you get me a video of the type of fireman you did?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 2:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually you just did it yourself. It's not supplay it's simply suplex. Sometimes suplex is pronounced "supplay". Don't worry about it. Everybody says things that they misheard or believed they heard. So can you get me a video of the type of fireman you did?
    Yeah I can try for a video. As for the supplay, you wouldn't believe how many times I've heard it used, I guess it just kind of stuck lol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 2:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega Supreme: From 1:03 in this video.. I hit a high crotch reshot, and my partner's dangling arm made it easy to "pivot and hit it."

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 7:11pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    Omega Supreme: From 1:03 in this video.. I hit a high crotch reshot, and my partner's dangling arm made it easy to "pivot and hit it."
    In that case I'll tend to concur with the REACT guys. I would not risk that version because it risks you driving your head into concrete. Now if you did this one:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 10:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In that case I'll tend to concur with the REACT guys. I would not risk that version because it risks you driving your head into concrete. Now if you did this one:

I don't think It was my head they were worried about. Besides, if I was on concrete instead of nice mats, I wouldn't shoot for a takdown. Frankly, I'd stick to hip tosses and headlock throws if I needed to go to the ground. Thats just me through.

The Krav folks are sort of like that Ameri-do-te video. "We have students ask about jiu-jitsu. Since jiu-jitsu is bullshit, we focus on anti-grappling techniques too deadly for the ring." Or in Krav's case: "save all those throws and takedowns for the mats...we are training for the str33t here. No takedown or throw will ever be effective in the street. " And the gem? The lesson that night was on "tactical ankle picks."

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 10:17pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    meh...**** them. I was trolling you anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 1:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    meh...**** them. I was trolling you anyway.

I figured as much. If you are ever in the Phoenix area, have $20 and want a barrel of laughs, go to a demo class at RDS. BE SURE TO ASK QUESTIONS ON EVERYTHING THEY SAY!

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 2:00am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually you just did it yourself. It's not supplay it's simply suplex. Sometimes suplex is pronounced "supplay".
    "Suplex", from the French word "souplesse", translated as "suppleness" (which is what was understood to be important to the throw). Graeco roman wrestling originated in France, and the French name for the move stuck and was translated phonetically to English. When pronounced in French, "souplesse" can sound like "supplay".