Page 10 of 15 First ... 67891011121314 ... Last
  1. #91

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    156
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Leave him alone he has the "real Krav Maga."
    "The only place you can train in real Krav Maga is Israel. Even then, its a completely different animal. What is taught in the US is civilian KM. There is no need for lethality or restraining hold, like in Police or Military Krav." ----A Krav Maga hardliner I was talking to about KM in the US.

  2. #92
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,442
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, let me tell you a secret. Go look up posts from a guy named Gidi. He explains what Krav is, he was in the military and a Leo in Israel.

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    156
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Well, let me tell you a secret. Go look up posts from a guy named Gidi. He explains what Krav is, he was in the military and a Leo in Israel.
    I have to tell you man. I love this Gidi guy. He is someone with experience in Israel, who is disproving a lot of Krav Maga nutriders. I do think it is kind of interesting how my Krav School says we are doing authentic Israeli fighting, and according to this guy, Israeli fighting is just aggression sparring, something this Mcdojo forbids.

    Also, the thread on Krav Maga Worldwide, 100 percent accurate. They really do limit you to their way of thinking, and I myself used to be a Krav Maga nut rider...what happened was I realized a lot of the stuff I was learning in wrestling (gator roll choke, snap down to headlock, anklepick, throws of all variations, supplays etc.) didn't have defences from this supposed magical system. Wanna guess what happened when I tried the Krav Maga supplex defence? (hooking their leg with mine in a half figure 4 type deal). I almost broke my fucking neck...so thats when I became a freestyle wrestler, not a Krav nut rider.

    Apologies for the randomness of this post.

  4. #94
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,838
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    I have to tell you man. I love this Gidi guy. He is someone with experience in Israel, who is disproving a lot of Krav Maga nutriders. I do think it is kind of interesting how my Krav School says we are doing authentic Israeli fighting, and according to this guy, Israeli fighting is just aggression sparring, something this Mcdojo forbids.

    Also, the thread on Krav Maga Worldwide, 100 percent accurate. They really do limit you to their way of thinking, and I myself used to be a Krav Maga nut rider...what happened was I realized a lot of the stuff I was learning in wrestling (gator roll choke, snap down to headlock, anklepick, throws of all variations, supplays etc.) didn't have defences from this supposed magical system. Wanna guess what happened when I tried the Krav Maga supplex defence? (hooking their leg with mine in a half figure 4 type deal). I almost broke my fucking neck...so thats when I became a freestyle wrestler, not a Krav nut rider.

    Apologies for the randomness of this post.
    Another soul saved.

    Similiar story here.

    (button in upper right corner) Settings> (left menu under My Account) General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  5. #95

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    156
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Another soul saved.

    Similiar story here.
    Whats your story bud?

  6. #96

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    644
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Leave him alone he has the "real Krav Maga."
    Cant help being a dick, can you? :)

  7. #97
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,442
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzero View Post
    Cant help being a dick, can you? :)
    No more than you can help the douchey dickish "this board blah blah blah blah blah" in every Krav thread.

  8. #98

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    156
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am just gonna throw this out there.
    I went back to REACT a while ago to cancel my deal, and ended up doing a sparring class in addition. We were working sprawls...so when I got sprawled on, I ended up getting bitched out by one of my instructors for hitting a firemans carry because they forgot to mention whizzers lol. After my bitch out...I was told that whizzering on a sprawl is ineffective on the street. Oh and one of the guys kept calling it a wizard. Am I the only one that finds this hilarious?

  9. #99

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,462
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    I am just gonna throw this out there.
    I went back to REACT a while ago to cancel my deal, and ended up doing a sparring class in addition. We were working sprawls...so when I got sprawled on, I ended up getting bitched out by one of my instructors for hitting a firemans carry because they forgot to mention whizzers lol. After my bitch out...I was told that whizzering on a sprawl is ineffective on the street. Oh and one of the guys kept calling it a wizard. Am I the only one that finds this hilarious?
    Actually no. It's quite common. Like when they call a suplex a souffle. It's not worth the time to correct it. Depending on how you did the fireman I might've agreed, but I doubt it.

  10. #100
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,838
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    Whats your story bud?
    Wanted to learn how to fight, found Krav, started Krav, it sucked, I quit. Found Muay Thai, it's awesome, I'm awesome.

    (button in upper right corner) Settings> (left menu under My Account) General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Page 10 of 15 First ... 67891011121314 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO