Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 12:04pm

Style: Wrestling/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Leave him alone he has the "real Krav Maga."
    "The only place you can train in real Krav Maga is Israel. Even then, its a completely different animal. What is taught in the US is civilian KM. There is no need for lethality or restraining hold, like in Police or Military Krav." ----A Krav Maga hardliner I was talking to about KM in the US.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 12:21pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, let me tell you a secret. Go look up posts from a guy named Gidi. He explains what Krav is, he was in the military and a Leo in Israel.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 5:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, let me tell you a secret. Go look up posts from a guy named Gidi. He explains what Krav is, he was in the military and a Leo in Israel.
    I have to tell you man. I love this Gidi guy. He is someone with experience in Israel, who is disproving a lot of Krav Maga nutriders. I do think it is kind of interesting how my Krav School says we are doing authentic Israeli fighting, and according to this guy, Israeli fighting is just aggression sparring, something this Mcdojo forbids.

Also, the thread on Krav Maga Worldwide, 100 percent accurate. They really do limit you to their way of thinking, and I myself used to be a Krav Maga nut rider...what happened was I realized a lot of the stuff I was learning in wrestling (gator roll choke, snap down to headlock, anklepick, throws of all variations, supplays etc.) didn't have defences from this supposed magical system. Wanna guess what happened when I tried the Krav Maga supplex defence? (hooking their leg with mine in a half figure 4 type deal). I almost broke my fucking neck...so thats when I became a freestyle wrestler, not a Krav nut rider.

Apologies for the randomness of this post.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 7:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinchfighter View Post
    I have to tell you man. I love this Gidi guy. He is someone with experience in Israel, who is disproving a lot of Krav Maga nutriders. I do think it is kind of interesting how my Krav School says we are doing authentic Israeli fighting, and according to this guy, Israeli fighting is just aggression sparring, something this Mcdojo forbids.

Also, the thread on Krav Maga Worldwide, 100 percent accurate. They really do limit you to their way of thinking, and I myself used to be a Krav Maga nut rider...what happened was I realized a lot of the stuff I was learning in wrestling (gator roll choke, snap down to headlock, anklepick, throws of all variations, supplays etc.) didn't have defences from this supposed magical system. Wanna guess what happened when I tried the Krav Maga supplex defence? (hooking their leg with mine in a half figure 4 type deal). I almost broke my fucking neck...so thats when I became a freestyle wrestler, not a Krav nut rider.

Apologies for the randomness of this post.
    Another soul saved.

Similiar story here.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 11:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Another soul saved.

Similiar story here.
    Whats your story bud?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 12:20am

Style: G-safe Krav Maga / TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Leave him alone he has the "real Krav Maga."
    Cant help being a dick, can you? :)

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 12:23am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzero View Post
    Cant help being a dick, can you? :)
    No more than you can help the douchey dickish "this board blah blah blah blah blah" in every Krav thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 1:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am just gonna throw this out there.
    I went back to REACT a while ago to cancel my deal, and ended up doing a sparring class in addition. We were working sprawls...so when I got sprawled on, I ended up getting bitched out by one of my instructors for hitting a firemans carry because they forgot to mention whizzers lol. After my bitch out...I was told that whizzering on a sprawl is ineffective on the street. Oh and one of the guys kept calling it a wizard. Am I the only one that finds this hilarious?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 11:24am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am just gonna throw this out there.
    I went back to REACT a while ago to cancel my deal, and ended up doing a sparring class in addition. We were working sprawls...so when I got sprawled on, I ended up getting bitched out by one of my instructors for hitting a firemans carry because they forgot to mention whizzers lol. After my bitch out...I was told that whizzering on a sprawl is ineffective on the street. Oh and one of the guys kept calling it a wizard. Am I the only one that finds this hilarious?
    Actually no. It's quite common. Like when they call a suplex a souffle. It's not worth the time to correct it. Depending on how you did the fireman I might've agreed, but I doubt it.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 11:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whats your story bud?
    Wanted to learn how to fight, found Krav, started Krav, it sucked, I quit. Found Muay Thai, it's awesome, I'm awesome.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast