Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/25/2012 10:24pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -Don't argue with the coach. Asking questions is encouraged. Telling him you know better than he does is not. You're here to learn our way of doing things. If that's not for you, go someplace else, and there won't be any hard feelings. But don't be a know-it-all prick.

-Don't constantly pester the fight team and the coach about when you get to spar like a 5 year old asking for dessert. If you're not sparring yet, there's a very good reason- you aren't ready, and we're trying to not get you hurt. Related to this...

-When you DO get to spar, follow the pace the more experienced person sets. If you're with one of the fight team and you get repeated warnings to tone it down and you don't listen, you might have some explaining to do the next day at work.

-More on sparring. Try to stick to what we've been working on for the last little bit. I'm very happy that you want to throw a superman punch followed by a spinning back kick, but why don't you work on stepping out when you kick first?

-Training time is for training, not yapping. Make your dinner plans after class is over, not while you're supposed to be holding pads. I don't even know why this comes up, but between the bells, I'm not your friend, I'm your training partner. Don't cheat both of us by not giving what we're working on your full attention.

I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting, but it really all just boils down to "Listen to your coach and don't be a stupid dick."
    Last edited by Neo Sigma; 2/25/2012 10:32pm at .

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 7:24am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't hit after the bell or stopper beep...
    Oh and the stiff jab to the nose that make you bleed is so fucking not called for.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 11:28am

Style: MARS, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We're fine with leglocks, neck cranks and all. If it's legal, try it.

Sternum rubs and the like aren't RUDE per se, but it's going to escalate right back on you. Don't put your knuckles in my ribs if you can't handle my freshly shaved head stubble all over your face.

Really only thins you can't do and expect to leave un-injured:

1. Show up high/loaded/drunk etc.

2. Go all out on someone you outweigh by more than 20lbs. Particularly children and women.

3. Don't respect the tap. You hold a lock or a choke, you might be liable to get fucked up. Better have a good explanation.

4. Decide you're too hardcore to tap, for obvious reasons.

:)

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 2:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We were expected to be on perfect behavior any time we were in the gym. Do exactly what the coaches say, or sit.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 9:52pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im getting scared of ever learning grappling from what I read on this forums Im just going to get my leg broken by some n00b on my first day or my back broken by a n00b throw

Back on topic the place where I train is quite open even allowing some throws and free leg catching in sparring sometimes.
    Obiously the Karate etiquette is important like not speaking in class or always bowing when entering or leaving a class or tatami with people. Today a new guy leaved the class without permission because we were all at the brink of collapsing so he left to avoid a pass out this was rude and was talked to him.

In the regular classes any minor thing like speaking and mostly not saying OSSU loud enough is punished by twenty knuckle push ups by all the class no matter rank if the next OSSU is not loud enough this is repeated

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 11:48am

Style: MARS, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    Good to know Neo Sigma and thanks for the info

Last semi-derail there is all this bad etiquette in grappling (leg locks, ankle locks etc) because there is a higher chance for n00bs to cause great injuries more than n00bs in striking?

Kind-of. Also a great many grappling schools, even those not BJJ affiliated, are reserving leg locks, particularly those that twist, for more advanced students. So a new guy busting them out during free roll could be seen as trying to assert dominance/superiority, or the whole worried about noob spazzing thing.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 6:24pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crossfacing the lips/cheek and actively trying to inflict pain aren't considered rude because they're dangerous, they're considered rude because:

1: Noone likes having cuts on the inside of their mouth that make it hard to eat or talk

2: Pain points only work on spastic whitebelts.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 2:27pm

Style: APK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    coming in with a dirty gi, B.O., and not shutting up when the instructor tries to talk.

:)

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 11:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coming to a sparring class, and dicking around during warmups/training, so as to be more fresh than the other attendees during the sparring part.

Also, sweating all over the mats during class-ending situps/crunches/pushups, and not cleaning up the puddle afterwards.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 1:02am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast