223596 Bullies, 4152 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 4:07pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, in the grand scheme of things, I'm ok with all but irrational, man-hating Feminism. Women in western culture are still largely judged on their appearance first, and their ideas second.

And as the father of a daughter, it pisses me off to no end. So I completely understand when women are angry at the cultural institutions that wall them in and the people responsible (from both genders) for perpetuating it.

We've seen a ton of misogyny directed at female Bullies over the years; not necessarily on this forum, but on our detractors. Just ask JKDChick. Or AnnaT. It's fucking vile.

And that's one of the reasons why I didn't jump in with both feet to bring WomensMMA.com online. I know anyone who steps up to help run the place, is in for a battle against the shitheel woman haters that infest the Internet because women on the street won't give their pock-marked and monitor-tanned faces a second look.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 4:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia View Post
    I think that the main problem is that, while female fighters like and appreciate community, there's not enough of us yet to really get one going well. More importantly, in a sport like BJJ, I tend to believe that there shouldn't be any segregation of the genders. Because it's not good for training a well rounded game and I think that you lose a lot of experience and skill by not training, discussing and sharing with the male fighters on and off the internet.
    The community aspect of it would be important, and I'm not sure how to best run that in a manner that would encourage quality participation. But it could at least be a good outlet for news on women in MMA; something that doesn't get covered a lot by more mainstream outlets.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 4:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, it looks like I need to go read the whole thread here.

Edit: ****, that didn't go well. Come on guys.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 4:58pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    And here I thought this site was dedicated to tearing down delusional thinking.
    You still post here so, that is a big no.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 5:07pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    ****, it looks like I need to go read the whole thread here.

Edit: ****, that didn't go well. Come on guys.
    With all due respect what exactly was said here for the rage quit? I reread this thread twice and got animlmthr to come on here and boom.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 5:14pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife, who used to train MAs, read the thread and wondered why she got mad.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 5:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    With all due respect what exactly was said here for the rage quit? I reread this thread twice and got animlmthr to come on here and boom.
    I'm not "guys"ing anyone in particular, just wishing things had played out like this. Nobody here cares about a ragequit, but I'd just like to be careful and let people acclimate to the caustic environment a bit.

Of course, there's no good way of doing that in general.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 5:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    I'm not "guys"ing anyone in particular, just wishing things had played out like this. Nobody here cares about a ragequit, but I'd just like to be careful and let people acclimate to the caustic environment a bit.

Of course, there's no good way of doing that in general.
    Yeah, there is. We do it already. Well suggest people read the site, get a feel for it. Yeah, it's a shame that someone who clearly wants a part of the female MMAer community decided not to post here any longer, but come on. As far I can tell, this thread had a fair response and discussion and she still decided it was too much.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Hedgehogey demonstrating a perfect example of shaming language. No, no, don't address the issues at hand, HH, imply the man is a delusional thinker. How superior you must be. Bravo white knight, all the feminists are clapping, you truly will be rewarded in feminist heaven.
    I'm not implying ****, i'm outright stating that you and the rest of the "men's rights movement" are a bunch of whiny little sensitive herbs. If you were at all objective about this you'd know that you got the better side of the deal but no, you've got to get together in your sorry little dickcircle and cry about how ~oppressed~ you are by women demanding their rights.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 6:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Hedgehogey demonstrating a perfect example of shaming language. No, no, don't address the issues at hand, HH, imply the man is a delusional thinker. How superior you must be. Bravo white knight, all the feminists are clapping, you truly will be rewarded in feminist heaven.
    You need to turn on your internet troll filter when dealing with any left wing opinion.

As you can see from Hedgehogey's post below he just ticks his way through the logical fallacies and yet is convinced he's making a sound logical argument.

I'm not implying ****, i'm outright stating that you and the rest of the "men's rights movement" are a bunch of whiny little sensitive herbs.
    Argumentum ad logicam followed up with an Ad hominem.

If you were at all objective about this you'd know that you got the better side of the deal but no, you've got to get together in your sorry little dickcircle and cry about how ~oppressed~ you are by women demanding their rights.
    Ad hom, ad ignorantiam, petitio principii, onus probandi etc.. etc...

As Upton Sinclair didn't say "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his sense of identity depends upon his not understanding it"
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast