Administrator

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 2:19pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlWhoTapsBoys View Post
    One more thing...while I specifically used the word "FORUM" in my title (to mean a place to exchange thoughts), I'm pretty sure that I used the term THREAD consistently in any subsequent posts. I don't recall ever using forum and thread interchangeably after the usage in the title of the first thread post.
    BTW I'm known as Omega....he who beats up girls:

Coffefans wife.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 2:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I can appreciate the value of these women sharing information about the unique circumstances their mysterious XX coding causes in relation to grappling, I am a bit skeptical about the whole "special techniques for women because they are small and lack biceps."
    (Yes, I'm taking a quote out of context and twisting it to be insulting and sarcastic. My parents wouldn't buy me a Megatron action figure when I was five, what's your exuse?)

For one thing, EVERYBODY is stronger in their lower body than the upper. How many weight lifters can bench press more than they squat or deadlift?

Secondly, BJJ and Judo were not created by Sensei Kazmaier and Maestre Schwarzenegger, they're already supposed to be about the efficient use of technique and leverage instead of Hulkamania, so that smaller, weaker person can defeat a larger one.

Troublesome. Very troublesome.

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 4:46pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    While I can appreciate the value of these women sharing information about the unique circumstances their mysterious XX coding causes in relation to grappling, I am a bit skeptical about the whole "special techniques for women because they are small and lack biceps."
    (Yes, I'm taking a quote out of context and twisting it to be insulting and sarcastic. My parents wouldn't buy me a Megatron action figure when I was five, what's your exuse?)

For one thing, EVERYBODY is stronger in their lower body than the upper. How many weight lifters can bench press more than they squat or deadlift?

Secondly, BJJ and Judo were not created by Sensei Kazmaier and Maestre Schwarzenegger, they're already supposed to be about the efficient use of technique and leverage instead of Hulkamania, so that smaller, weaker person can defeat a larger one.

Troublesome. Very troublesome.
    I believe a woman's grappling game will probably be different then a smaller man's game. Yes, the principles of leverage and technique will remain the same but there are going to be differences in style, techniques, and strategy.

Just my 0.02, need to get some actual women who post here to chime in

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 6:59pm

Style: SAMBO, jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm down with a sitickied thread or sub-forum or whatever you guys want to set up. I do wonder how much will actually get posted there but who knows.

I have no idea what it takes to moderate a thread or sub-forum so I'm not sure if I'm the right person for the job but I'm not against it either. If it's only one thread I don't see why we need a separate moderator anyway but it your call guys.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I do things most guys (even small dudes) don't have to do when they are doing techniques or rolling or whatever. My game can game change significantly based on who I'm fighting/rolling with and it definitely changes if I'm actually grappling, gasp!, another chick. I would not mind talking with other females about how they handle larger/stronger opponents or how they put on certain tech, etc in a specific thread/sub-forum. It can also be a good place to network with other female grapplers/MMA-fighters for competition purposes as we are few and far between. I think its a good idea regardless of what any nay-sayers say/think.

Let me know if you gentlemen want me to moderate or what the hell that even means and how time-consuming it would be. I can't have the forum open all day but I can check the forum a few times during the work day and more often at night.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 9:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well....fair point I suppose. I just have a tough time looking at a little fella like Marcelo Garcia or a prime Helio Gracie and saying his game wouldn't work for a female. Wasn't that the whole point of 200 years of feminism?

Then again there are already a kerjillion threads asking "how do I pass guard/sweep/throw a bigger stronger person" so one more just for ladies won't hurt a thing in the long run. Although it will be full of COOTIES! !

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 10:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlWhoTapsBoys View Post
    First off, I'm not sure why you're getting so worked up over a thread that wouldn't be applicable to you at all.

I'm, merely trying to get you to think critically about your position and decide whether you want a thread or a forum, because your own posts can't seem to make up their mind (no comment).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 10:08pm

Style: spectator

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even though I haven't trained at all in a few (okay, many) years, I think a thread about differences and tips just for women could be very useful. There are anatomical structures, such as the pelvis and the knee, that are not the same as men, so ways to compensate would be helpful. I busted up both knees and a shoulder before I knew better. Have at it.

But -- maxipads? Really? Why not tampons, for any number of reasons.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 2:06am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in support of this idea because it'll mean a place to talk about female fighters without it turning into this.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 2:32am

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    I'm in support of this idea because it'll mean a place to talk about female fighters without it turning into this.
    I love watching women fight. There's something therapeutic about it. It may be that some of these ladies are just regular moms who go about their business — then when they climb into the ring, they turn into predators who kill their own meat before they eat it.

Nava-Torres II is a prime example. Both women gave it their all. Both busted each other up pretty good.

But you know what Torres did after she won? She kissed her husband, and hugged her child. There's something beautiful about that.

By the way, that bout was a serious FOTY candidate.

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 2:58am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is this still in basic technique? I understand it shouldn't be trollshidoed and I get that it has a relatively decent premise, I mean, I really really want to read about locker room antics which I hope are like they are in my mind, but there hasn't been ANY technique discussion. I also understand that I have been told to not make YMAS type posts in BT, but seriously, if the thread has no technique discussion AT ALL, it needs to be moderated to another forum. Yes, I want freedom to be a little lax with what I write, but it is a matter of principle, if I write a thread IN BASIC TECHNIQUE that asks if I can write a thread about something that the thread I wrote could've been written about, would ANYONE take me seriously and isn't it more likely that the moderators would immediately YMAS or even trollshido my arse with a possible infraction? Do I have to call mollycoddling of the wimminz on the moderators? Isn't the whole point of equality that everyone be treated equally? Or are we pandering to the feminist movement and just apologizing for being male?

Once again, the idea, the concept is fine by me, have your female thread, ****, have a forum for all I care, my input will be minor but keep the heavily moderated forums heavily moderated.

Infraction under protest.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast