Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 5:38pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I shot the FS2000 once for maybe 40-50 rounds. Considering how much gun experience you seem to have zaohu, if I were Gabe, I'd go with your assessment.

I personally really liked the front ejection of the FS since, as a left hander, I occasionally get a hot casing or two down my shirt/on my arm with right handed AR platforms. I don't complain when it happens, but it's nice when I don't have to deal with that at all.
    The very last part of my post comes into play here very well. I'm not left handed, nor does my experience mirror every other person's, so if you liked the trigger on the FS2000 and the front ejection works well for you then it may very well be a great rifle for you. It's better to have a weapon that suits your needs that not everybody cares for than a weapon that doesn't work for you that everybody else is raving about.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 3:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 View Post
    Glocks are great guns. Reliable as hell and no stupid safeties. 9mm is not so good. Go with the 40 caliber which is the Glock 22. 9mm is too fast of a round. It has a tendency to go right through things with less stopping power.
    Oh boy, are we really going to have the cartridge vs. cartridge argument? Look, I'm a bigger is better guy myself. But there are as many arguments for the 9mm in this discussion as against it.

Keep in mind the Glock was designed around the 9mm Parabellum cartridge. When you buy a Glock in 9mm you're buying the gun in the chambering it was designed for and it has been tested with the most.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/28/2012 3:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 View Post
    Meh.Just a personal preference. I have heard the 9mm horror stories and most LE I know will carry at least 40 cal.
    Again, I like the .40 and .45 myself. And the 9mm. They've all got their strong points.

But the fact that cops use one over the other isn't really an argument of the effectiveness or reliability of a cartridge.

One of the Sheriff's departments near me issues Glocks in .357 Sig to all their deputies. I know for a fact they've had a **** ton of malfunctions shooting hollow points in those guns on the range. But they keep right the **** on issuing them. 'Cause money and resistance to change.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2012 9:49pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok so my always humble opinion is this: the caliber of the weapon is more important so you want a .22, a 9mm, 12 gauge and either 5.56 or 7.62 as these are some of the most common ammo around (in the case of the .22 the most common)

.22 rifle would be the ruger 10/22 as its reliable, common and the ammo is cheap and you can use it on small game (and large game if you're a good shot) and to teach others who've never shot before

9mm pistol would go for whatever is most common in your area, glock probably

12 guage pump-action shot gun for reliability, 'nuff said

5.56 or 7.62 either the remington 700 as its one of the most accurate rifles "straight out of the box" or if you want something in semi or auto try the AK47 or L1A1 SLR (SLR is more accurate)
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789