Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 4:58pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd skip the PS90 as well. I'd stick with more common ammo for a rifle so that it's actually available when you want to take it out and throw some rounds down range.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 11:00am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    I've had a super hard on for the FN P90 since forever, but I figured that the special FN ammo it takes would make it a bad ****-hits-fan gun. Does the SCAR also take that ammo, or does it shoot a NATO round?

<erection>
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8070292.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	13001
    It's not the P90, but here's me firing the FN F2000 at Camp Skeletor. I liked it, a lot. I also fired the Steyr AUG. I preferred the FN by a good margin, both for ergonomics and for accuracy.

Keep in mind that I typically don't like flashy or space age looking guns. So, despite disliking the rifle for it's appearance initially, I was won over by it's performance.

I would hardly call the P90 or the F2000 good beginner rifles though.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 11:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post

It's not the P90, but here's me firing the FN F2000 at Camp Skeletor. I liked it, a lot. I also fired the Steyr AUG. I preferred the FN by a good margin, both for ergonomics and for accuracy.

Keep in mind that I typically don't like flashy or space age looking guns. So, despite disliking the rifle for it's appearance initially, I was won over by it's performance.

I would hardly call the P90 or the F2000 good beginner rifles though.
    Yes, the FS2000 tac is really pretty badass, the one I'd definitely consider. The mag release and the shell ejector are all very very cool. I love that it can take standard AR mags too, and this is on my radar if I have the money to spend, get a chance to shoot it, and like it.

First though comes a lot of practice with .22's. I've decided I'm going to try and plink some distance targets with the 22/45 and the 10/22 before I move on to shooting a heavier cartridge. I'm also looking into a local instructor.

Edit: How was the trigger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 11:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    I'm also looking into a local instructor.
    Best idea yet.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I shot the P90 at camp and it was fun to shoot (no recoil) but **** $0.50/round.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 11:33am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Best idea yet.
    Thought I was gonna learn from youtube? :p
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 11:47am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
    I shot the P90 at camp and it was fun to shoot (no recoil) but **** $0.50/round.
    I didn't realize the P90 shot something other than 5.56. Hell, I didn't know the 5.7 x 28mm round existed. Since I believe cost and availability of ammo to play a big part in any purchase of a firearm, I'd have to agree.

Gabe, I remember the trigger pull being very smooth on the F2000.
    Shut the hell up and train.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 11:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I'd avoid the 5.7 x 28 as a go-to gun. For those of you who don't know, FN makes a pistol that fires this round, the FN Five Seven. It's a very cool pistol. But since it's a handgun that fires a rifle round capable of penetrating light body armor AND it's not that popular yet, I could see this round becoming a legislative scapegoat because it's a "cop killer."

Hopefully not, but either way you're definitely not going to just find this ammo laying around on the streets anytime soon.

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 12:25pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't realize the P90 shot something other than 5.56. Hell, I didn't know the 5.7 x 28mm round existed. Since I believe cost and availability of ammo to play a big part in any purchase of a firearm, I'd have to agree.

Gabe, I remember the trigger pull being very smooth on the F2000.
    Cool. I hear a lot of complaints about bullpup triggers. As for the 5.7, it's a specially designed round that is also meant to rotate 180 degrees as it penetrates, kind of key-holing to do max damage. Hooray.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 2:43pm

Style: BJJ & MMA, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guns, guns, guns....

you should also have a compound bow or crossbow on that list, as well as a giant fucking sword or axe.

okay, I'm kidding about the axe and sword...sort of, but don't underestimate Bows for reliability, recycled ammo and lack of muzzle flash. You're not gonna win a war with it, but you sure as hell can take out about anything with it you could with a gun.

As for the 5.7, it's a specially designed round that is also meant to rotate 180 degrees as it penetrates, kind of key-holing to do max damage. Hooray.
    At closer ranges, it doesn't tumble, it just over-penetrates. Quite a zippy little round there.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast