Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/25/2012 11:08pm

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or you could just dry fire and concentrate on keeping your sight picture through the trigger pull.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 1:23am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Or you could just dry fire and concentrate on keeping your sight picture through the trigger pull.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    That's certainly an option and I personally use that method, too. But I like the feedback that the pencil mark gives.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 1:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best way to troubleshoot and correct your trigger pull is to have someone who knows what they're doing watch you shoot.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 3:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    The best way to troubleshoot and correct your trigger pull is to have someone who knows what they're doing watch you shoot.
    You mean I can't just get good at this **** with youtube videos? #fuckinlame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    To money's point about the .22 pistols - I'd have to disagree. I also have a 10/22 and a Buckmark. Like I said, the 10/22 would be a go-to rifle for me but I can't see choosing a .22 pistol if you're limited to four guns. Hell, I'd take two .22 rifles before a .22 rifle and .22 pistol.
    For me it would serve as either a back-up to the rifle, or something for a companion to use. In both cases the ease of use and commonality of ammo would be an advantage. However, if I thought there was a legitimate chance of getting into a firefight, I'd be bringing my AR & 9mm.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 4:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
    For me it would serve as either a back-up to the rifle, or something for a companion to use. In both cases the ease of use and commonality of ammo would be an advantage. However, if I thought there was a legitimate chance of getting into a firefight, I'd be bringing my AR & 9mm.
    Brother, there's always going to be killing to do when the undead arrive.

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 5:02pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to recommend striker fired pistols in general over any other platform because of how easy they are to learn to shoot well. Glock is a great way to go, but also look at the M&P, XDm, and the new Walther PPQ (I just got one and it's become my new favorite striker fired pistol). They are all very easy to learn to shoot and also very simple to clean and maintain.

I also encourage you to rebel against rule number 3. If you have guns in your home and children who are kept away from them, children are more at risk if they are sheltered from weapons than if they are introduced to them in a safe manner. When kids end up shooting each other on accident, it's almost always because the children were curious and found a way into their parents safe. If you satisfy the curiosity, the gun becomes less of a fascination and you're less likely to have your kids trying to figure out how to get into your safe.

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 12:58am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    If you have guns in your home and children who are kept away from them, children are more at risk if they are sheltered from weapons than if they are introduced to them in a safe manner. When kids end up shooting each other on accident, it's almost always because the children were curious and found a way into their parents safe. If you satisfy the curiosity, the gun becomes less of a fascination and you're less likely to have your kids trying to figure out how to get into your safe.
    One horrible night when I was a kid, I wanted to shoot my brother. He had been terrorizing me in an unbelievably sadistic (if simplistic) manner for hours, and I cracked. I went searching for my father's gun, but never found it. Had I found it, I would've destroyed everything I had ever known.

Why was the gun the focus of my attention? Well, my father had never shown me his gun. He had never taught me about firearms. The only reason I knew he had it was that I saw him showing it to one of his friends when I was very young (we're talking about the difference between 4 and 9). I saw guns as power, nothing more.

Having owned a firearm for almost three years now, I think about that night almost every day. Five minutes' worth of education would've greatly reduced the chances of me ruining my family's existence for the forthcoming 60 years.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 7:10am

Style: Over substance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    Why 9mm or .45 but not .40?
    Availability and cost. 9 and 45 are available everywhere pistol ammo is sold, and are relatively cheap (unless you live in Kanukistan) and reloading components are plentiful.

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 8:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    I also encourage you to rebel against rule number 3. If you have guns in your home and children who are kept away from them, children are more at risk if they are sheltered from weapons than if they are introduced to them in a safe manner. When kids end up shooting each other on accident, it's almost always because the children were curious and found a way into their parents safe. If you satisfy the curiosity, the gun becomes less of a fascination and you're less likely to have your kids trying to figure out how to get into your safe.
    That's good advice, and advice you don't hear very often. If you keep all your guns locked away, that's okay I guess but don't kid yourself. They are completely useless for home defense. You will never get to them in time if you need them. I keep two guns accessible with magazines loaded on an empty chamber in my house.

The kids (7 and 9) know exactly what they are and where they are. They wouldn't touch them, just like they wouldn't touch a hot burner on the stove. It's really that simple. We go shooting. We've shot bottles of water, spray cans, etc. They know exactly what a bullet will do and they know it will do the same thing to them or their family that it does to those other objects.

I eliminate the curiosity. They know if they ever want to handle a gun I'll stop what I'm doing, unload it and let them handle it until they're done. When other kids come over we unload them and lock them away. My kids also know what to do if they ever see other kids handling a gun without an adult.

Locking all your **** away is for people who have a half-ass idea of what they're doing and people that don't want to make the commitment to teach their children properly, in my opinion. A child's general behavior and upbringing comes into play. I know a lot of people who let their kids run wild all their lives like fucking Lord of the Flies. If you raise little crumbsnatchers like that, I wouldn't want them near a gun either.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast