Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/13/2004 12:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bicep Crusher?!?!? :-(

OK, I was rolling last night and had a guy do this to me from my back. He had his hooks and I moved my hands to block a choke attempt and he came over and under with his hands from my back and got a double monkey grip on my arm.
    He started to set me up for the armbar, so I pulled my arm in and out...he then took the arm he had the monkey grip on and jerked it forward with his lead hand and let go with the other and pulled his foot through so that his ankle bone was at the crook of my arm...
    That ************ hurt worse than any sub I have had put on me...including when my knee was hyperextended. Now, I have heard that all those subs do is hurt and you can safely not tap. Is this true?
    I have had people do bicep slicers/locks/crushers before and I generally just giggle and ignore them...but damn this thing hurt.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2004 12:20pm

Style: Traditional JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought a bicep slicer = bicep crusher. Someone correct me.
    I was told it's not just pain. That if done properly can tear the muscle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/13/2004 12:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i belive that it can still **** up the elbow joint. i've never had the inclination to endure that much pain to find out.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/13/2004 1:25pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never seen any evidence that this can do anything but leave a bruise. As a matter of fact I use it as a way to restore your elbow when it's been hyper extended.

Posted On:
    4/13/2004 6:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys,
    This is a dangerous move because you think you can endure the pain. I know two people who have broken guys forearms with the bicep slicer. The guys think they can tough it out and then "crack", their bones are broken. I also heard of this happening at the pan-ams and breaking the guys forearm which is why they ended up banning this move from BJJ comps.

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    4/13/2004 6:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I caught a guy with one trying to pass out of my triangle. Dude tapped like a typewriter and turned kinda white.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    4/13/2004 6:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've also heard it can cause extensive muscle fiber tearing.

Generally I don't tap to things I've heard are mainly pain compliance (I don't want omega calling me a bitch like he did to one of his students). I've since gotten anecdotal accounts that some of the compliance moves can **** you up.

Basically I don't know.

BreakDance Fighter

Posted On:
    4/13/2004 6:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah it can be a very painfull move, but I don't think it can do any serious damage.

Posted On:
    4/13/2004 7:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would think a broken radius would be fairly serious damage.

BreakDance Fighter

Posted On:
    4/13/2004 7:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well true, but I must be thinking of a different crusher because the crusher I'm thinking of doesn't seem to generate the pressure in the right area to break the radius, though true I've never really known anyone who has been in it long enough, either by tapping or escaping, to actually see what, if anything, it will break.
    Last edited by stoogejitsu; 4/13/2004 7:13pm at .
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast