• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 6:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure - as stated earlier, Tate's coming off an impressive submission win over Coenen, who's one of the top female submission-based fighters in MMA, with a gold medal at the European ADCC and bronze in ADCC proper. Furthermore, Tate has wrestling credentials far above what Rousey's other opponents so far although I forget what titles she's held.

Not saying that Rousey will clearly lose this, but I feel it will be a lot more competitive than you folks make it out to be. Still rooting for Tate by experience.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 10:46am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronda looked pretty fatigued when she was weighing in. I hope the cut wasn't so difficult that it takes away from her performance.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 11:22am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?...ha_tate_030112

I don't really give a damn about female MMA..but Ronda's HOT !
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 11:35am

Style: Chito-Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Tate's got bigger guns.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 12:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Ronda looked pretty fatigued when she was weighing in. I hope the cut wasn't so difficult that it takes away from her performance.
    Ronda is not a newbie to weight cutting. I'm sure she'll be perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Not sure - as stated earlier, Tate's coming off an impressive submission win over Coenen, who's one of the top female submission-based fighters in MMA, with a gold medal at the European ADCC and bronze in ADCC proper. Furthermore, Tate has wrestling credentials far above what Rousey's other opponents so far although I forget what titles she's held.

Not saying that Rousey will clearly lose this, but I feel it will be a lot more competitive than you folks make it out to be. Still rooting for Tate by experience.
    You're such a dumbshit dude. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Tate got a lucky submission after pounding out a BJJ person who has MEH striking ability at best. Ronda is just far more competitive and explosive than Tate. Ronda also has TONS more experience competing at a high level than Tate, maybe not at MMA, but she has competed at the WORLD stage. I mean ****, she is so confident because this is small beans compared to the OLYMPICS.

Quote Originally Posted by animlmthr View Post
    Awww, come on guys, have some faith in the reigning champ!

Its really tough for me to choose/pick which of these women will come out with the victory; I'm flip-flopping worse than Romney!

I've been following Ronda since before this fight was even announced and following this particular fight since the beginning. One part of me wants to see Rowdy execute a beautiful throw straight into a submission. The other part of me wants nothing more than to see Ronda red-faced, exhausted and getting her face smashed in by Tate.

Will that happen, not sure? Rousey is so explosive and aggressive and executes her Judo perfectly for the cage (and in all her nogi comps) its difficult to see how it could end any differently than all her other fights. But Tate is no slouch either (she is the fucking 135lbs champion after all) and has been wrestling since high school. Will it be enough to stop the freight train that is Ronda "Rowdy' Rousey? Your guess is as good as mine.
    So? Big fucking deal, Ronda has been doing Judo at world levels during and out of high school. I don't know how tate even can compete with that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 6:42pm

Style: Chito-Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rousey is about to get schooled.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 6:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Ronda is not a newbie to weight cutting. I'm sure she'll be perfectly fine.
    She hasn't been lighter than 145 for any competition since 2007, when she was 19 years old. It's far from impossible that this cut was a bit of a stretch for her.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2012 10:27pm

Style: SAMBO, jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "So" what? are you referring to my statement on Tate? **** it. just shut up, Sirc.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 12:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm thinking Tate probably should have tapped there.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 12:24am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by animlmthr View Post
    "So" what? are you referring to my statement on Tate? **** it. just shut up, Sirc.
    HAHAHAHA I WAS RIGHT (again) AND YOU WERE WRONG. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously, how you fuckers never learn to listen is beyond me. Her "high school wrestling" didn't do **** for her.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast