Our Sponsors:

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 1617 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 11:16pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of this woman! Her fights are some of the more interesting ones I've seen lately, and damn is she brutal. I am however starting to wonder if this trend might end up hurting Ronda. All fights won by armbar (she's becoming kind of a 1 trick pony but she did make better use of her striking in this fight than she has before) so what is everyone who fights her going to work on not letting happen from now on? You also get a what? 2 in 5 chance of leaving the ring with a broken arm? There aren't a lot of fighters in her division at this point (atleast not many near her skill level) and I cannot see them wanting to risk a broken arm. Sure there is always the risk of injury in MMA but against Rowdy its an especially high risk. Ronda could end up having no one to play with if she doesn't expand her game a bit. Thoughts? Also hahaha Sirc.

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 1:32am

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nobody has had their arm broken, both dislocations. Also both not Ronda's fault. If you have any experience you know when you are caught. They both had the chance to tap.

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 2:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Broken or dislocated its always called broken, I know its a dislocation but I'm not interested in semantics in this particular thread. I also know that when it comes to the armbar in a pro MMA fight a lot of times the person being barred will fight right to the end to escape (like Tates escape from Rondas first armbar attempt) and often that means a busted arm (as was the result of the last escape attempt). Its not that a dislocated elbow is unheard of in MMA its that she is really damned good at it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 3:45am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Ronda could end up having no one to play with if she doesn't expand her game a bit. Thoughts?
    Shouldn't the fact that she's the champion in her weight class help her finding someone to fight?

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 3:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point. She now holds the title and if anyone else wants it they have to take it from her. Of course if no one can than what happens? Does she move up a weight class? What might that do to her current game? I think Ronda's biggest problem will be fighters focusing a lot of their prep work on not letting her clinch for throws and doing everything they can to not let her get the armbar, I think someone else brought that up already.

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 7:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Ronda could end up having no one to play with if she doesn't expand her game a bit. Thoughts?
    The 135lb female fighters could find themselves with no career if they don't learn to tap. Thoughts?

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 7:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    The 135lb female fighters could find themselves with no career if they don't learn to tap. Thoughts?
    Despite the unseemly crowing on Judoforum I have never actually heard of someone's career being ended by an elbow dislocation. It tends to heal pretty well.

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 7:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Despite the unseemly crowing on Judoforum I have never actually heard of someone's career being ended by an elbow dislocation. It tends to heal pretty well.
    I would imagine dislocation is a lot easier to heal from than a Mir vs Nog style snap. I'm just pointing out its a bit of silly question.

Ronda's not the villain for being willing to do what it takes to win and the people who've been injured aren't stupid because they were willing to take risks.

The whole issue is a bit silly.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 8:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Ronda's not the villain for being willing to do what it takes to win and the people who've been injured aren't stupid because they were willing to take risks.

The whole issue is a bit silly.
    Oh yeah, buckets of agreement. It only seems like an issue on the internet because
    a) OMG GIRLZ and
    b) some Judoka (not you) who want to hate MMA at the same time as they wank-fantasize about invincibility in it

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 8:13am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I recall correctly, during the first armbar Ronda stopped levering and held onto Tate's arm while it was (close to) fully extended for a few seconds. It appeared she was giving Tate a chance to tap.

That's not the actions of someone solely interested in dislocating arms in my opinion.
    Shut the hell up and train.