Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 9:50pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    Could be that I read his book.

Could be that he has exceeded his own genetic potential via pharmaceutical means.
    He is 73 his test levels are low so he gets a little help to bring them back up. As long as he isn't abusing it I don't see a probelm with it. As for working out. You say you do more so what. Doesn't mean that if you do more you'll have that kind of body. I imagine your workouts are more geared toward fighting right? His are geared more towards body building. Its a big difference.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 8:53am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He has never revealed what his levels are. He still does not motivate. If anything, he is broadcasting, "Buy my program and you WON'T have to work as ahrd or get older."

It's a viable business model, but terrible for inspiration...
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 12:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scrapper's on. And to reply to the poster, my excuse is that I'm not on HGH. And it's completely valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 7:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Scrapper's on. And to reply to the poster, my excuse is that I'm not on HGH. And it's completely valid.
    Whats completely valid? Are you 73 and still training your ass off? My point is at 73 whats the big deal with him taking hgh?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 7:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    He has never revealed what his levels are. He still does not motivate. If anything, he is broadcasting, "Buy my program and you WON'T have to work as ahrd or get older."

It's a viable business model, but terrible for inspiration...
    Well, at 73 test levels get pretty low. If he is pushing a certain workout program, and not revealing that he is taking hgh as part of that program then I would tend to agree with you.

Posted On:
    2/25/2012 12:08am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MuayThaiBri67 View Post
    Whats completely valid? Are you 73 and still training your ass off? My point is at 73 whats the big deal with him taking hgh?
    Because it doesn't say "He's 73, oh and he's fucking roided out on hormones. Your excuse is invalid." There is implicit deception in that photograph - the lie is that he got that way JUST through hard work. He didn't He also got jacked up on a treatment that would make a 12 year old boy turn into Mr. Universe.

So no, this isn't about how hard you train. This is about how you get the end result in the photograph. And that end result wasn't achieved by just working harder than everyone else.
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    2/25/2012 12:58am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I had the scratch to look like that at 73...I'd pay it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2012 1:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Because it doesn't say "He's 73, oh and he's fucking roided out on hormones. Your excuse is invalid." There is implicit deception in that photograph - the lie is that he got that way JUST through hard work. He didn't He also got jacked up on a treatment that would make a 12 year old boy turn into Mr. Universe.

So no, this isn't about how hard you train. This is about how you get the end result in the photograph. And that end result wasn't achieved by just working harder than everyone else.
    It does say he is 73 look at the photo at the beginning of the thread its right there in bold letters, and no reason to start cursing about it. Do you know exactly how much test and hgh he is taking? No, I didn't think so. Lots of people get prescriptions for test and hgh. Some abuse it and pay the price, but a lot don't. At 73 your test levels are very low, and hormone replacement therapy is becoming more common. Does he say he got that way just by working out? I can't find it either way. If he is saying that he got that way just through working out then you'd be right at the deception arguement.

Oh and next time before flying off the handle like a 12 year old maybe you should actually read what I said in my posts. I never once said anything about how hard you train that was Scrapper. My point to him was that a fighters workout is much different than a body builders.
    Last edited by MuayThaiBri67; 2/25/2012 1:03pm at . Reason: typo

Posted On:
    2/25/2012 4:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It does say he is 73 look at the photo at the beginning of the thread its right there in bold letters,
    You misread. "He's 73, oh and he's fucking roided out on hormones. Your excuse is invalid." The bold underlined would be the part that's omitted, and that I'm objecting to.

and no reason to start cursing about it.
    Seriously?

Do you know exactly how much test and hgh he is taking?
    More than is mentioned in the poster, which is the issue.

No, I didn't think so. Lots of people get prescriptions for test and hgh. Some abuse it and pay the price, but a lot don't. At 73 your test levels are very low, and hormone replacement therapy is becoming more common. Does he say he got that way just by working out? I can't find it either way. If he is saying that he got that way just through working out then you'd be right at the deception arguement.
    If someone says "You can achieve A by doing B!" and neglects to mention that other steps have been performed which are critical to achieving A, the speaker is either being dishonest by omission or negligent in delivering a complete argument.

Quote Originally Posted by MuayThaiBri67
    Oh and next time before flying off the handle like a 12 year old
    Please show me where I "flew off the handle".

Quote Originally Posted by MuayThaiBri67
    maybe you should actually read what I said in my posts. I never once said anything about how hard you train that was Scrapper. My point to him was that a fighters workout is much different than a body builders.
    That's nice. None of that is in the poster. I'm not objecting to your posts or what you said. I'm objecting to the content of the picture, and the implications therein. It is, in my opinion, this kind of dishonesty by silence that has led much of my generation to seek out steroids and PEDs, and not even for competition. Simply to live up to standards that are actually impossible to reach without them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 6:41pm

Style: Chito-Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No drugs for me thanks. All the grand masters I've seen don't need them, neither do I.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast