Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 9:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Firstly, Kongo has shown to have a suspect chin and isn't half the striker Manhoef is. He wasn't even landing good leg kicks or keeping him at range. If you're gonna fight a guy who hits like a truck and has a chin like the trailer it pulls, you better be on your fucking bicycle.
    I'm not trying to say trading with the Samoan Bulldozer is a good idea (exhibit A, this fight). But given the levels of grappling Kongo has shown in his MMA fights thus far (I repeat, Out WRESTLED by HEATH HERRING) his best shot was winning it on the feet.

Secondly, Frankie hates Jersey Shore, has expressly said so on record
    I'm not a huge fan of Deliverance (which isn't even set in my home state!) and yet if I had a five cents for every joke that's been thrown at me about paddling or banjos I'd have a lot of nickels. Sometimes you just have to accept that people see you a certain way based on where you come from. Or move. That works too.

I swear to ****, if one more athlete gets the adjective "humble" ascribed to them because they think god intervenes on their personal fucking sporting endeavors I'm gonna kick a dictionary through the face of the next ESPN anchor I see.
    The Big Book of Christianity says He takes notice every time a bird drops dead. So...what's arrogant about thinking He might check in on a basketball game or bout of fisticuffs?

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 9:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwp View Post
    I think the turning point of this card for me was the Shields snoozer. Props to everybody who fights, but he is not my favorite either!

Bummed for J-Lau. It happens, although a little too quick this time dammit.

All those takedowns didnt get it for the champ?? I thought the striking was close but the damage was one-sided, I am torn but cant argue too much. Bendo did some damage, and the way the bell rang in the fifth didnt help Frankie either.
    He was also clearly exhausted. I think that left a big impression in the judges eyes, as well as the damage. Kudos to him for the performance, I just think he wasn't sitting down enough on his punches, especially given the size difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 9:12pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    I'm not trying to say trading with the Samoan Bulldozer is a good idea (exhibit A, this fight). But given the levels of grappling Kongo has shown in his MMA fights thus far (I repeat, Out WRESTLED by HEATH HERRING) his best shot was winning it on the feet.
    He's been getting takedowns and GnP on people who aren't well versed in the ground. That and the size advantage over Hunt makes me think it would have been the way to go. No better way to neutralize a big puncher than putting him on his ass or back.

The Big Book of Christianity says He takes notice every time a bird drops dead. So...what's arrogant about thinking He might check in on a basketball game or bout of fisticuffs?
    Oh we're falling back on the bible now? Never mind then, you're right. It's just as stupid as most everything else in the "Big Book".
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 9:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kongo's been getting takedowns?
    (sarcasm off)
    Could you point me to specific fights because I really have to see this for myself, not that I think someone would lie about something as goofy as that, the last Kongo fights I saw were vs Travis Brown and Pat Barry, so I may have been missing improvements in his skill set.
    (sarcasm back on)

You had to expect a discussion about Dan's half brother (with an option to bring in Bones Jones and Tim Tebow) was going to invoke the Holy Scriptures of Our Lord and Savior, King James Version only, at some point. On that note:

Christians. Do they have better up kicks than Jews, Muslims, and Scientologists? Discuss.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 9:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahhaha! Upkick was sick. That was bad news for Frankie. I couldnt believe his hand wasnt following that foot. It was so easy to see it slowly cocking back from my buddie's couch!

It gave me a headache.

And Frankie did look worn out didnt he. Looked like Bendo had another 25 minutes in him.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 9:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone else think it was funny that Mike and Joe brought up Kid Yamamoto's "I have fought many high level submission grapplers, and never been submitted" trash talk, with Joe mentioning Royler Gracie in particular (tip for Joe: When your sensei's number one claim to fame is a win over a certain guy, don't run that particular guy down on commentary!) and then he got armbarred by the Englishman?

Last bit of Bible thumping on what a thread about what was a pretty good card, barring Jake Shields, but who didn't see that coming:
    "Pride goeth before a fall, and a haughty spirit before destruction."

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 9:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kongo's been getting takedowns?
    (sarcasm off)
    Could you point me to specific fights because I really have to see this for myself, not that I think someone would lie about something as goofy as that, the last Kongo fights I saw were vs Travis Brown and Pat Barry, so I may have been missing improvements in his skill set.
    (sarcasm back on)

You had to expect a discussion about Dan's half brother (with an option to bring in Bones Jones and Tim Tebow) was going to invoke the Holy Scriptures of Our Lord and Savior, King James Version only, at some point. On that note:

Christians. Do they have better up kicks than Jews, Muslims, and Scientologists? Discuss.
    He took Mitrione down twice, Buentello down 9 times. Buentello is no achievement, but Mitrione's a big physical dude. He's getting better at grappling. I think the problem now is he's not (stopped, never?) throwing combinations. He throws one strike at a time. For a counterstriker like Hunt, what a gift.

As for the other thing, it's ridiculous to claim a humble attitude when you believe that god has a personal interest in your winning an MMA fight. Regardless of whether or not it's true, given what we know about the vastness of the universe, the world, the sheer number of people suffering on the planet from all manner of disease, starvation, and death, even if the claim that god steered you toward victory is 100% true, it's empirically NOT fucking humble.

Apart from that, you don't see me going to Benson's Church and giving a lecture on guillotines. Why should I have to like it when he comes to into my secular ass-beating event and preaches dah worduh of gaaawduh? He may have a right to do it, but I have a right to call it what it is: self-serving, inappropriate, and obnoxious as ****.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 9:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still love Akiyama. **** I just wish they'd put him up against people who aren't in the top 10 for the belt. He has literally fought every guy who is gunning for the world title.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 9:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    As for the other thing, it's ridiculous to claim a humble attitude when you believe that god has a personal interest in your winning an MMA fight. Regardless of whether or not it's true, given what we know about the vastness of the universe, the world, the sheer number of people suffering on the planet from all manner of disease, starvation, and death, even if the claim that god steered you toward victory is 100% true, it's empirically NOT fucking humble.
    I think I get what you're saying, in regards to the vastness of the cosmos, and the scale/complexity that the creator of a such a thing would have to operate at, versus two yahoos in short shorts trying to choke and punch each other.

On the other hand, considering the vast size of the universe, the teeming swarms of humanity, so on, and so forth, which events in the life of one teensy tiny little speck of dust homo sapiens would register be a blip on His radar?

Either you believe in a creator that takes an interest in every little trial and tribulation suffered by every teeny tiny speck of his creation, yes even including one's performance in pugilism, which is most forms Christianity, in which case the Other Henderson's remarks shouldn't seem that far out of line, or you don't, and he just seems silly for attributing to a non existent Being something it had nothing to do with, yes?

(OK, OK, there's a BIIIGGGG spectrum in between those two extremes, ranging from attributing it to Frankie being punished for being Jimmy Hoffa in a past life, to Dark Henderson having fewer thetans, to not being sure if the whole fight actually happened or was just an illusion your brain created while it was stuck in a jar in some science lab. But please allow this two choice option. Just this once. Okay?)

I mean, we have to put up with fighters shilling Catch wrestling (Josh Barnett), Communism (Jeff Monson) and Steven Seagal (BLAAAACCCK HOUUUSSEEE!!), not to mention various companies that sell stupid looking T-shirts and terrible tasting energy drinks. So what's the harm if some of them want to give Jesus a plug?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/26/2012 10:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still think Akiyama is top 10. Just number nine or ten dammit! He deserves to be there, he just cant crack wins in the upper echelon of talent.

This makes 4 losses in a row though.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast