Posted On:
    2/28/2012 9:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Couldn't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 10:43am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 11:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Personally, I'm both an Atheist and an A-Deist, meaning that I don't think a god exists, but if he did (at least in the form put forth by Christian theology), that would be a terrible and awful thing for the world.
    And I'm a Christian Theist, which is the absolute opposite of all that....but we can both come togather in appreciation of the Barbarian. He's like Martin Luther King...if MLK was white...did Jeet Kune Do...and was built like a hairy nail keg. So not very much like Dr. King at all, really.

Boetsch has been on my radar since he fought at 205, and for the life of me I don't get why he doesn't have a humongous fan base. The first time I saw him fight was when he threw David Heath (a heavy favorite in that fight) like a fuckin' baby and ko'd the stunned fighter shortly after with follow-up punches.
    While that throw was a thing of beauty, I was more impressed by the push kicks Tim was throwing in that fight. Apparently Heath threatened his people with slavery and death or something.

Wait a minute. Not very tall, built like a fire hydrant, thick bushy beard, able to both dish out and absorb a ton of punishment...there is only one explanation that makes sense.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 11:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At 205 Boetsche was a lot like Chris Lytle...always a blast to watch fight but pretty much either bottom of the top or top of the bottom at the division (losing to Hamill, who didn't exactly set the world on fire himself, pretty much cemented my view on this).

I agree that he does look a lot sharper at 185 though, very interesting to see where he goes next.

And on the subject of dropping to a lower weight class, people need to leave Frankie Edgar alone. Winning the 155 belt, defending it three times, and dropping it in a very competitive fight = needs to go to 145? Really? That's what we're going with now?

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 4:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He does look small in comparison to his opponents.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 7:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    He does look small in comparison to his opponents.
    That speed is to his advantage. I'd rather be smaller and faster than Duane Ludwig, for instance, than his size and not quick enough to dodge his firefists and lavakicks of doom.

As for Edgar dropping to 145, it's for the same reason they want GSP to jump to 185: a, it's possible, and b, they want to see Brazilian badasses lose to Americans.
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 10:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    That speed is to his advantage. I'd rather be smaller and faster than Duane Ludwig, for instance, than his size and not quick enough to dodge his firefists and lavakicks of doom.
    I agree with this. Considering some of the performances we've seen from guys who cut a ton of weight, cough Anthony Johnson cough, there is definitely something to be said for not trying to sweat off thirty pounds of water the day before a fight. I don't see it as being very good for your long term health either.

As for Edgar dropping to 145, it's for the same reason they want GSP to jump to 185: a, it's possible, and b, they want to see Brazilian badasses lose to Americans.
    I believe that GSP is Canadian, my fren.
    :problem:
    Now, if we're talking about Anderson going to 205 I agree completely, although that's a fight I would sell my truck to see.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 9:01am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    I believe that GSP is Canadian, my fren.
    DOH!

Yeah, that was dumb. In fairness to my point though, it's everyone vs. Brazilians at Heavyweight, 185, and 145. Must dethrone those plantain-eating, big-ass-loving, butt-scooting, fancy-kick-throwing, Seagal-worshiping, fight-finishing, no-surrender-monkeys at all costs!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/04/2012 9:16pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rampage wants to end his mma career on a win. I hope his next fight he gets it man did he look old and defeated when Ariel interviewed him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 10:22pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So apparently the wrong guy won the title and Frankie Edgar is getting an immediate rematch against Benson Henderson. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by 'UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship Facebook Feed
    One great fight deserves a rematch - Dana White just announced that newly-crowned champion Ben Henderson will fight Frankie "The Answer" Edgar again this summer for the lightweight title.
    Edit: That or it is now possible to hissy fit ones' way into a rematch.
    Last edited by CNagy; 3/06/2012 10:25pm at .
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112 LastLast