Punch your friends in the facebook (etc.) SHARE THIS!:

Registered Member

Style: 
    Traditional Mix

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 10:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chisora is a tool and I hope he gets fined heavily and banned. Do not need him dirtying up the sport any more.

Style: 
    Trad Ju Jitsu

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 1:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    In the spirit of the question, its worth noting that he publicly challenged any man in America in a fight for $500.
    ...there's a reason why it was called "Prizefighting". Who want's to do it for FREE when the best can be paid for us to watch them?

By the way, it's asserted that John L's first loss was when he wore gloves for the first time - and was beaten by James J. Corbett :-)

Registered Member

Style: 
    Western Boxing, Tai Chi

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 3:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    I always wanted the ability to punch people over TCP/IP, but text messages would do too.
    I know you're being facetious, but Chisora still viciously beat up his girlfriend for receiving a text message from another man.

Boxing thug Dereck Chisora narrowly avoided jail after launching a brutal attack on his then girlfriend.

The powerful former British champion pinned petite Yalda Kontratchy down and slapped her face before beating her backside and legs two years ago.

The jealous brute – who could face jail in Germany over his out-of-the-ring brawl with fellow boxer David Haye on Saturday – left her with marks all over her face and body.

He went berserk after finding a message on the pretty 24-year-old student’s phone, in which another man called her “babe”.

Enraged Chisora accused her of cheating on him before beating her up, leaving her in floods of tears.

But the North Londoner, nicknamed Del Boy, was spared jail after being found guilty of assaulting her.

Yalda, now 26, had gone to bed at her flat in Maida Vale, North London, in the early hours of May 28, 2010, while Chisora was still up, City of Westminster magistrates heard.

Outrage: Saturday's fight outside the ringAction
    Yalda said: “He came into the bedroom with my phone in his hands. He didn’t let me explain, he just grabbed me and started slapping me.

“He grabbed both of my arms with both hands. I was lying down and he held me really hard because he has got strong hands. He was hitting my buttocks and legs.”

She told police: “My arms were red my face was red and so was my bottom, where he had hit me.”

During the November, 2010 trial, he boasted of his boxing abilities, saying: “I’m the best.”

At the end of the case, his promoter Frank Warren handed in a letter on his behalf. District judge Quentin Purdy gave the fighter a 12-week sentence, suspended for two years, with 150 hours’ community service.

Chisora was also ordered to pay £1,500 compensation to Yalda, plus £500 costs, as well as to attend an “intensive” domestic violence rehabilitation course.

The judge said at the time: “Your behaviour was disgraceful and downright humiliating. You used violence against this young lady.

"Then to heap ignominy on her, you turned her over and slapped her on the bottom repeatedly.”

He warned him his career would be over if he offended again because he would be jailed.

Now he faces a boxing ban and a possible stretch in a German jail for his role in the Munich brawl after his failed challenge for Vitali Klitschko’s world title.

In the ring: Vitali Klitschko dominated Dereck Chisora in their WBC Heavyweight bout
    Chisora, 28 – who clashed with fellow Brit and ex-world champ Haye at the post-bout press conference – is under suspicion of malicious injury, which carries a jail term of up to five years, German prosecutors said.

Haye, 31, is suspected of grievous bodily harm, which carries a prison term of anything from six months to 10 years.

Zimbabwe-born Chisora has other previous convictions for public order offences and assaulting a police officer.

Last night he issued an apology for his actions in Germany and said he had fully cooperated with German authorities.

But Chisora – who like retired fighter Haye is now back in Britain – has been called to a British Boxing Board of Control misconduct hearing on March 14.
    None of this is an act. The man is an actual convicted criminal.

Light Heavyweight

Style: 
    Short Fist Boxing

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 9:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the more notorious 'bad ass' boxers was Sonny Liston. He worked as an enforcer for the mob both before and after his ring career and was known for his surly demeanor.
    But I don't recall him using his criminal activities to promote himself as a fighter.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Style: 
    Short Fist Boxing

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 9:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chisora is obviously mentally disturbed.
    As was Trevor Berbick, as was Ike Ibeabuchi..both of whom ran afoul of the law.
    Ibeabuchi is still in prison, I think.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Style: 
    Wrestling

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 10:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't forget about Clifford Etienne. He spends ten years in prison, where he learns to box. After being released from the joint, he becomes a promising heavyweight contender and gets named Ring Magazine's "Most Exciting Fighter To Watch" in 2000. Following that, he robs a local business, hijacks a car with a woman and child inside, and tries to kill a police officer. Now he's serving 150 years without parole.

Even sadder was Ricky Womack. He beat Evander Holyfield four times as an amateur and went undefeated in his first nine pro fights. Then he gets fifteen years for armed robbery. Following his release, he made a comeback and won four straight fights but committed suicide just two months after his last victory.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 10:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I know Gary Goodridge was actually inspired by Tank Abbott to create an on-camera persona for himself and come up with his nickname "Bug Daddy." As a matter of fact, his Kuk Sool Won credentials were invented as well.
    Just to clarify, Gary was given a KSW black belt and a spot in a UFC tournament when he KOed a guy who was supposed to rep KSW in the UFC, the KSW higher ups decided to send Big Daddy instead. I don't know if "invented" is the right word.

And Chisora got handled by a white dude with 20 years on him. He may have the scumbag, but he lacks Iron Mike's skills. Maybe if he gets cut from boxing he can be brought in to give Cain or Werdun a payday/popularity boost.

Registered Member

Style: 
    Boxing

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 11:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets all just thank Klitchko for being good enough to keep title's off of little shits like Chisora while keeping up a dignified personality.

Registered Member

Style: 
    Western Boxing, Tai Chi

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 2:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    And Chisora got handled by a white dude with 20 years on him. He may have the scumbag, but he lacks Iron Mike's skills. Maybe if he gets cut from boxing he can be brought in to give Cain or Werdun a payday/popularity boost.
    That 40-year-old white guy also beat Chisora one-handed. His left shoulder was injured, so he was without his jab.

Keep in mind everyone's saying this was the best Klitschko fight since his bout with Lennox Lewis. Why? Because while Chisora caused Klitschko to lose some rounds (gasp!), Klitschko adapted and completely outboxed him.

I got to say, Klitschko's been in some boring fights, but this wasn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by P Marsh
    Lets all just thank Klitchko for being good enough to keep title's off of little shits like Chisora while keeping up a dignified personality.
    He's got one more fight in him before he'll probably retire.

Also, I think in 10 years, the Klitschkos will be missed. We'll all say, "Yeah, that era stank — but at least it had the Klitschkos, and they were class acts."

Style: 
    Trad Ju Jitsu

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 4:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    One of the more notorious 'bad ass' boxers was Sonny Liston. He worked as an enforcer for the mob both before and after his ring career and was known for his surly demeanor.
    But I don't recall him using his criminal activities to promote himself as a fighter.
    ...and during his career. That's why there's a 1 year, er, "hiatus" in his career.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast