Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/07/2012 4:43am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From experience, I feel like the best way you can train to be a strong fighter is to train in every one of the mindsets of weightlifting available.

In one week, you should have done some heavy compound excercises (squats on leg day, deads, bench press, power cleans (my favorite) ), some higher rep high-volume bodybuilding type workouts, which do have a place in functional training because they train not just the compound muscle groups but all of the smaller muscle groups which support the larger, and absolutely- high intensity circuit training, involving various weighted excercises and cardio routines, in order to simulate the exertion required by grappling or mma and improve your ability to fight for longer.

This is what has worked for me, anyways. Each week I workout very differently from day to day, but always make sure to get every type of training in. This seems to benefit my routine as people I train with always refer to me as absolutely retard strong, and I often surprise bigger sparring partners by my ability to overpower them.
    "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry ************... Budo monkeh.

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 4:23pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BudoMonkey would you mind posting an example of what your training week looks like? I am trying to wrap my head around what you posted but its just coming out wrong.

Posted On:
    3/09/2012 6:27am

Style: No

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would use a kettlebell or dumb bell for the military press as it is a bit safer for the shoulder and you get a little bit more range of motion. anyway thanks Everyone because you all guys Had posted much informative so i got more Info here.

Posted On:
    3/10/2012 4:55am

Style: No

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeROGeJaCk View Post
    I would use a kettlebell or dumb bell for the military press as it is a bit safer for the shoulder and you get a little bit more range of motion. anyway thanks Everyone because you all guys Had posted much informative so i got more Info here.
    Boot Camp Pasadena
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234