Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 5:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He has a phone number, make the call. Joe's number is right there on the website. He has an email address as well.
    Since poor old Joe was already being double teamed, I elected instead to use the query form on Bonifacio's school's site to ask Mr. Bonifacio whether he had been awarded his BJJ black belt by Joe Moreira himself or by someone else. Alas, I have as yet not received a reply...

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 8:49pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know what the issue was. The two were separated by two distinct posts. If you cant see that there is nothing further for us to discuss. Once they clarified their position, which is done in MABS, it was left alone. They are two distinct and separate issues and saying he is wrong for teaching kids SD, with no clarification is wrong. The issue was his BJJ Black belt ONLY. SD came much later and wasn't referenced in regards to his BJJ Black Belt until the clarification post.

Yes, I know. Is there proof he fudged his credential or hearsay? I'm mean we can both become pedants here if you'd like? These are the rules YOU SET not me. It is called clarity for a reason.
    First heresay is technically an out of court statement that someone introduces, or tries to introduce into a court proceeding to attempt to prove the "truth" of a matter, or some other aspect of a case such as the state of mind of a particular party to a lawsuit. By this standard we could not have a MABS section, because we are not a court of law.

However in the context that this is used here, "heresay" appears to refer to either a third party statement to an anonymous poster, or information from an anonymous poster. Both are not strong forms of evidence, but I would like to give the original poster(s) a chance to provide better information.

I am somewhat suspicious of the semantics about Mr. Bonifacio being "under" or "recognized" by Mr. Moreira, normally people specify who promoted them. This is not conclusive evidence of misbehavior, but we can at least attempt to find an answer.

Posted On:
    2/22/2012 9:02pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have sent my own inquiry to Mr. Moreira, there is no reason why this can't be promptly resolved.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 12:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    I am somewhat suspicious of the semantics about Mr. Bonifacio being "under" or "recognized" by Mr. Moreira, normally people specify who promoted them.
    I don't think it's that suspicious in and of itself. I know of several ranked BJJ fighters who, after being ranked by their original instructor, jumped ship for a more notable affiliation.

However, in the context of his question dodging, I agree it's worth a yellow flag, if not a red one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 3:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outis View Post
    Alas, I have as yet not received a reply...
    Just got this:

Sir,

I received my Black Belt in 2007 from Professor Hideki Frazier, who is a 5th degree Black Belt under Master Joe Moreira. Master Joe Moreira promoted me to 1st degree Black Belt in 2010.

Best regards,
    Professor Erick Bonifacio
    Livermore Martial Arts Academy
    Owner, Chief Instructor
    www.LivermoreGotKicks.com
    925-497-6448

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 3:43pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=87654&page=1

To save everyone the time:
    Hi i am Joe Moreira and I want to talk about Mr. Fraizer.
    I have known Mr. Fraizer for 17 years and i know he has the martial arts experience for more than 35 years. 17 years ago when i met Mr. Fraizer he was already a black belt from my master Reylson Gracie and after that they had a problem so he wanted to come join my association. Just like me and many other of Reylson's students had problems. I accepted him with pleasure and we have been working together for 17 years. I know that he is a black belt for many other martial arts as well as having many other martial arts program at his school. His bjj program for female and teenagers is one of the best that i have. I hope to have him as part of my association team and student for a very long time.
    It is my pleasure to have him as a member of my association and as my 4th degree black belt, also as a good friend.
    With that said.
    Thankyou
    Joe Moreira
    The above post was confirmed as being sent by Joe himself.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/24/2012 3:51pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 5:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On the Frazier Martial Arts site I found info on two instructors with black belts in TKD and "MMA" but no info on Frazier himself.

http://www.fmalahabra.com/instructors

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 6:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outis View Post
    On the Frazier Martial Arts site I found info on two instructors with black belts in TKD and "MMA" but no info on Frazier himself.

http://www.fmalahabra.com/instructors
    Frazier is a confirmed black belt under Moreira. That's why IiF posted the quote. Thread over. These guys don't have to be great black belts to be black belts. This is no longer a case of bullshido, just a case of BJJ politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 8:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well at least you understand my point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 10:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well at least you understand my point.
    But I'm afraid neither of you understand mine. I wasn't questioning the nominal legitimacy of Frazier's BJJ black belt under Moreira. Rather, I was simply trying to find out more about Frazier by going to his school's website. Having done so, I found absolutely nothing about him, and the instructors who were listed did not cite any kind of BJJ rank under him or anyone else. Having made that observation about such an oddity, I'm of the opinion that the thread is done as well.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast