218358 Bullies, 7743 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 105
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,608

    Posted On:
    2/24/2012 10:46pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outis View Post
    But I'm afraid neither of you understand mine.
    No, you think we don't understand your point.

    On the Frazier Martial Arts site I found info on two instructors with black belts in TKD and "MMA" but no info on Frazier himself.
    The only thing this post says is that he has two instructors and no information about himself. That's exactly what I took it to mean.

    Frazier is a confirmed black belt under Moreira. That's why IiF posted the quote. Thread over. These guys don't have to be great black belts to be black belts. This is no longer a case of bullshido, just a case of BJJ politics.
    Gabe gets this point without me spelling it out.
  2. Outis is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    108

    Posted On:
    2/24/2012 11:02pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No, you think we don't understand your point.
    Well then, I'm glad you understood it.
  3. couchfighter is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16

    Posted On:
    2/28/2012 9:36am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Blue to Black in Less Than A Year...

    Quote Originally Posted by Outis View Post
    Just got this:

    Sir,

    I received my Black Belt in 2007 from Professor Hideki Frazier, who is a 5th degree Black Belt under Master Joe Moreira. Master Joe Moreira promoted me to 1st degree Black Belt in 2010.

    Best regards,
    Professor Erick Bonifacio
    Livermore Martial Arts Academy
    Owner, Chief Instructor
    www.LivermoreGotKicks.com
    925-497-6448
    And this is why his black belt is questionable... I rolled with Erick when he was a blue belt in early 2007. Unlike most who make claims, I am willing to sign an affidavit attesting to that fact. In fact, I know a handful of people who rolled with him and would be willing to sign an affidavit. As I said, Erick must be better than BJ Penn since he went from blue to black in less than a year....
  4. slamdunc is offline
    slamdunc's Avatar

    Extraordinarily Ordinary

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,049

    Posted On:
    2/28/2012 10:41am

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by couchfighter View Post
    And this is why his black belt is questionable.
    Questionable??? The questions have already been answered; Move on to other things and don't stress over this. Politics is what it is.
  5. couchfighter is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16

    Posted On:
    2/28/2012 11:00am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Sham-Wow, Sham-On...

    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Questionable??? The questions have already been answered; Move on to other things and don't stress over this. Politics is what it is.
    No stress here, brother. Just stating facts. The fact is that belt shopping is a reality in every martial art but it's like buying a fake rolex. You may be able to fool most people but deep down inside, you know that you are a sham.
  6. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    2/28/2012 1:39pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by couchfighter View Post
    No stress here, brother. Just stating facts. The fact is that belt shopping is a reality in every martial art but it's like buying a fake rolex. You may be able to fool most people but deep down inside, you know that you are a sham.
    What level belt are you, if I may ask?

    Also how many times did you roll with him? And over what period of time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  7. couchfighter is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16

    Posted On:
    2/28/2012 2:33pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    BJJ Purple...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    What level belt are you, if I may ask?

    Also how many times did you roll with him? And over what period of time?
    Gabetuno:

    I'm a purple now...Training for 5 years. I only had the pleasure of rolling with him once as did a handful of people that night but he hardly came to the gym to begin with. (I'd gladly roll with him again to prove myself wrong, doubt he'll take me up on my offer.) I saw him there maybe twice and it seemed that each time he went there, someone handed him ass to him, especially the white belts. (He's still the butt of our jokes.) He never came back after our instructor told him to GTFO after he supposedly offered to buy a purple belt. Let's consider that part hearsay but I remember when that incident happened because my instructor was so pissed off. It had been the first time that anyone blatantly asked him if he could buy a belt. That was in 2007, the same year that Erick was promoted to black belt by Hideki Frazier as reported in that email response someone posted. Now, I realize that anyone can be a black belt BJJ these days but there's a difference between buying one and earning it. I prefer the latter.

    Some of you may think that I am being critical of Erick and that I should show respect to the black belt, but please put yourself in my place. If you see someone as a blue belt and later is promoted to black in the same year, you have to question it for the sake of the art. Yes, technically, he is a black belt because someone promoted him, perhaps, without testing his abilities. I, for one, would not want to learn from a black belt like that... especially, if one day I may have to use BJJ to save my life. This forum is about "Standards" right? Well, let's just say there is nothing standard about his promotional timeline.

    Anyway, I see you are a fellow BJJ practitioner. Awesome! Are you the one with black belt in your profile pic or the purple? I compete in most of the IBJJF tournaments, perhaps I have seen you in the competitions as well. Doing Pan-Ams next month? I'll see you there.
  8. slamdunc is offline
    slamdunc's Avatar

    Extraordinarily Ordinary

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,049

    Posted On:
    2/28/2012 4:32pm

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by couchfighter View Post
    Some of you may think that I am being critical of Erick and that I should show respect to the black belt, but please put yourself in my place. If you see someone as a blue belt and later is promoted to black in the same year, you have to question it for the sake of the art.
    You don't have to respect anyone's belt, but If he has a legitimate instructor that stands behind him and vouches for him, that pretty much cinches it. If someone is just plain wrong, it doesn't matter what color their belt is.

    As for questioning it for the sake of the art; this is one of the reasons that so many organizations have splinter groups that break away and start their own system. Most do it in the name of preserving integrity in the martial arts and their mission to eliminate politics therein.

    The best way to settle the matter is to meet up with Bonafacio and roll with him again. You can then gauge how much his skill level has improved (or not)
  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,608

    Posted On:
    2/28/2012 5:21pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lurk more couchfighter. This has nothing to do with "respecting da BB."
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/28/2012 5:29pm at .
  10. couchfighter is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16

    Posted On:
    2/28/2012 5:35pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Nicely put...

    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    You don't have to respect anyone's belt, but If he has a legitimate instructor that stands behind him and vouches for him, that pretty much cinches it. If someone is just plain wrong, it doesn't matter what color their belt is.

    As for questioning it for the sake of the art; this is one of the reasons that so many organizations have splinter groups that break away and start their own system. Most do it in the name of preserving integrity in the martial arts and their mission to eliminate politics therein.

    The best way to settle the matter is to meet up with Bonafacio and roll with him again. You can then gauge how much his skill level has improved (or not)
    Totally agree with you. I'd love to roll with him again but getting him on the mat would be the problem. Besides, i know what i know and it would be a waste of time & money to prove what I already know is true. It's his integrity not mine. In fact, ill help promote his gym from now on...."Livermore Kicks, learn from the guy who went from blue to black faster than BJ Penn. Certified." :)
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.