221320 Bullies, 3985 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pic of the What: Kids Judo some BJJ people with the grapple. Feb, 16, 2012

Pic of the What: Kids Judo choke some BJJ people with the grapple.

Girl versus a boy in martial arts competition with a human backpack. She's a little future BJJ black belt like Marcelo Garcia!

She has the murder face!

Thanks to Sirc for the find.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2012 4:31am

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, beaten by a little girl. The horror!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2012 10:44am

Style: PT/considering harakiri

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome! My daughter is almost at the age to start where I go, I can't wait.

ORNYTHORINQUE!... BOIT-SANS-SOIF!... BACHI-BOUZOUK!

Posted On:
    2/19/2012 3:51am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Valentine's day: you're doing it right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2012 11:08am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to be a *****, but anybody else at least a little worried about this? Both kids haven't been doing Judo for very long according to their rank/age, and it's pretty close to being straight across his larynx. Crushed larynx = death. Kinda like how striking martial arts don't allow hard hits to the head at a certain age or rank. I highly doubt she knows how to control it by the look on her face, she seems to be squeezing as hard as possible, and I doubt he knows the correct defense so it doesn't do permanent damage.

...or maybe I'm just a *****.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    2/21/2012 11:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit View Post
    ...or maybe I'm just a *****.
    Not necessarily. You just have little-to-no idea about the mechanics of strangles and the resilience of the human neck when attacked with them. This is probably because you don't train in a style that includes them, I'd suggest some BJJ or Judo if you want to be better informed.

Posted On:
    2/21/2012 5:01pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Not necessarily. You just have little-to-no idea about the mechanics of strangles and the resilience of the human neck when attacked with them. This is probably because you don't train in a style that includes them, I'd suggest some BJJ or Judo if you want to be better informed.
    I'd also suggest Limit is a *****...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2012 9:31pm

Style: Chito-Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to see her fight my daughter, who is just as fierce. The battle would be EPIC!

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    2/24/2012 1:30pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Limit View Post
    Crushed larynx = death.
    Chokes across the larynx = very painful and I tap to pain before I even feel much asphyxia (because I’m a *****).

There seems to be this general idea in some kinds of TMA—I too was told in my karate days that a strike to the throat would just be this instant kill button. It ain’t so. As discussed in this thread, with comments from various posters who have been hit in the throat, it’s nowhere near as fragile as you might think—nor is damage quite so fatal.
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousmantid View Post
    I hit a guy in the throat once and he just gagged and hit me back. It really didn't seem to faze him too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by melk View Post
    I know of precisely one [instance of crushed trachea from a strike]. A ludicris bodyguard struck an attacking fan in the throat. The fan was in a full body lunge(hence all of his weight was behind him) and the bodyguard was a trained fighter, hence all of his weight was behind the strike, the collision apparently caused a minor crush to the trachea and ruptures inside the throat.

However, and this was an extreme circumstance and convergence of a number of factors that can only be called chance, the strike was not fatal however. Apparently even with a crushed trachea it is still possible to breathe, and even though there were ruptures it takes a long time to drown in one's blood when coughing it up is a possibility(i.e. not unconscious). Though it did end up as a hosptial stay.
    And of course a choke is nowhere near as traumatic as a strike, and that little boy has every opportunity to tap, besides.

Hell, it doesn’t even look like much of a tracheal choke; looks more like a BJJ-style RNC compressing the blood vessels than a judo-style hadaka jime across the throat. (Not that judoka go around murdering people with those. In a century of keeping detailed statistics of all the people who have died from shimewaza in judo training and competition, the Kodokan have racked up a grand total number of 0. Cf. some articles by Dr. E. K. Koiwai easily googled, if you’re curious.)
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 8:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I LOVE this picture! My 11 year old son plays the "backpack" role on the mat in our BJJ school and once he gets that RNC on, it's lights out because his small arms necessitate a super-tight choke.
    He rolled with a 19 year old, very strong, beginner (female, but she was tough) and scared the beejeezus out of her with his RNC. He shot around, slapped it on, got his war face on, and her face turned purple so fast she forgot to tap. I had to shout out "Tap!" to him so he'd let go before she went out.
    Proud day for dad!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast