Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2012 6:04pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmichearse View Post
    I've kind of fallen out of using the forum, but, this came up on my facebook.
    As a vegan involved in this very meaty sport I thought I'd throw in some thoughts.

A lot of vegans don't associate or agree with PETA. PETA is like the Westboro Baptist Church of animal rights.

I, and many other vegans I know, believe veganism to be a privilege of our industrial/post industrial society. It's a decision based on our moral qualms over the way that this food is acquired. In a hypothetical hunter gatherer situation I would obviously not be vegan. Or if I was in a pre-industrial or 3rd world situation, being vegan is obviously a big privilege

I also think that vegans that spend time arguing over technicalities in digestion, the shape of our teeth, certain societies or animals having vegan friendly diets etc etc... lose sight of the fact that it ends up being a personal choice to ease your own moral dilemmas. Being part of the 1st world, if you care to notice, comes with some questionable practices.

But, by all means, make fun of PETA, hippies, 40 year old Buddhist liberals . I do.
    Theoretically, would you raise chickens if you had the necessary space? Not for slaughter, just raise hens for eggs. I feel like if the answer is no, then you are committed to veganism beyond the objection to the methods of animal-based foodstuff production. If the answer is yes, there are brands whose eggs...
    ...are produced on farms certified for organic production and are USDA Certified Organic. Chickens live in a cage-free environment, with perch holes for roosting, comfortable nests and access to protected roaming yards. They’re raised on an all-natural, organic diet-no hormones added-of four different types of grain.
    Last edited by CNagy; 2/15/2012 6:09pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2012 6:08pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy View Post
    Would you raise chickens if you had the necessary space? Not for slaughter, just raise hens for eggs. I feel like if the answer is no, then you are committed to veganism beyond the objection to the methods of animal-based foodstuff production. If the answer is yes, there are brands whose eggs...
    That cage-free environment is a nice start. Still, male fledglings often get killed due to how useless they are in terms of laying eggs even in farms that are certified for organic production.

Posted On:
    2/15/2012 6:54pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Coconut milk or soy stuff, probably.
    Than its not yogurt damnit!!! I am so sick of vegan semantics mind games!

Posted On:
    2/15/2012 7:44pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly. If meat/animal products are so abhorrent, why do they insist on recreating them as nearly as possible?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/15/2012 7:51pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Than its not yogurt damnit!!! I am so sick of vegan semantics mind games!
    Vegan semantics: coconut or soy milk fermented into yogurt is still killing millions of bacteria in the fermentation and eating processes. You can't just save the cute fluffy animals, man. That's like fascism. You know who else was a fascist who wanted to kill millions he deemed undesirable? Hitler. Eating yogurt makes you Hitler.

Posted On:
    2/15/2012 8:15pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Vegan semantics: coconut or soy milk fermented into yogurt is still killing millions of bacteria in the fermentation and eating processes. You can't just save the cute fluffy animals, man. That's like fascism. You know who else was a fascist who wanted to kill millions he deemed undesirable? Hitler. Eating yogurt makes you Hitler.
    Congrats Permalost, you just became the Republican front runner candidate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2012 9:06pm

Style: Stabbing the Face.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just as a comparison:

Vegan: Kale, chickpea and onion salad.

Normal Person:

All belly Porchetta.

Yeah, I think I know what I'm going with.

P.S:

vs.

Last edited by yli; 2/15/2012 9:12pm at .

Posted On:
    2/15/2012 9:16pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I reckon, that Kale looks delectable.

On the other hand, I have no idea what the **** Kale is, nor do I particularly enjoy chick peas and that is not onion, it is Spanish onion.

I have been trying to eat paleo/ right for your blood type style diet and because I am o negative, I am forced to eat rare to medium rare steak and and some other things, but I didn't really pay attention to the other things because steak. Unfortunately the blood type diet states I shouldn't eat pig products but rules are meant to be bacon, I mean broken.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/15/2012 10:00pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Indian Clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ate a vegan once. Surprisingly she didn't taste any different than an omnivorous girl.

:problem:

Anyway... yeah those lipids and b12s we need... not getting them from vegetables.

Even more so, vegan diets are so high in grains that it's ridiculous. Humans didn't grow large brains whilst chowing on kale and quinoa. Our brains got this size because after racking them and trying to figure out how to corral those mammoths into caves, we ate...

mammoths.

Posted On:
    2/15/2012 10:50pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I reckon, that Kale looks delectable.

On the other hand, I have no idea what the **** Kale is, nor do I particularly enjoy chick peas and that is not onion, it is Spanish onion.

I have been trying to eat paleo/ right for your blood type style diet and because I am o negative, I am forced to eat rare to medium rare steak and and some other things, but I didn't really pay attention to the other things because steak. Unfortunately the blood type diet states I shouldn't eat pig products but rules are meant to be bacon, I mean broken.
    That whole "Eat Right for Your Blood Type" thing is a bunch of BS, BTW.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/eat-right-for-your-type
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_diet
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast