Our Sponsors:

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2013 7:51am

Style: Jiu-Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow so much vegan hate! I cop a lot of **** for not eating animal products. People usually find out at work functions when I bring my own food (because when you cater for 250+ it's retarded to make one special order for me, who is making a choice completely different to the mainstream). I've found the best way to stop the insults is to offer my food... it tastes so bad they drop dead! Jk jk. I like my food tasty.

I think a lot of vegans don't understand that by using that label (I don't actually call myself a vegan... I just don't eat animal products) they are sending a signal that any non vegan/vegetarian/scientologist/whatever is on a lower moral standing. Which is retarded. It makes people then want to argue and bicker and justify themselves to you or show you the error of your ways. Those are the most boring conversations ever. They're boring because I don't give a **** what other people eat, and I'm not going to be influenced by other peoples opinions on what I'm going to eat.

I can't imagine going around trying to preach to people though. Ya'll have some intense stories of vegans with boundary issues. The only issue I've had was a girl who took offense that I feed my dog meat/animal products. I'm like, hey, he's a dog. He doesn't wake up and ponder, 'Can I thrive without chomping on chicken necks and eating beef?'. He also literally makes the noise 'nomnom nomn nom' while eating.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2013 4:05pm

Style: Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In addition to those kitten articles:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...by-breast-milk

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2013 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Recent research suggests that the need for adequate protein in our diets is so strong that we will keep eating, and piling on the calories, until the body decides that we've had enough protein. This can contribute to the high obesity rates we see today. This research does not necessarily invalidate vegetarianism -- vegetarians are not usually thought of as being likely to be overweigt -- but people who are experimenting with modifying their diets in the direction of reduced meat and dairy intake should keep this in mind. Less spaghetti and more meatballs.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-1...vereating.html

Posted On:
    11/18/2013 3:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a lot of bullshit going around about dietary requirements. What a surprise.

Since becoming an urbanite, I stopped being able to fill my freezer with hunted meat (about three decades ago). Consequently, I have foresworn meat, weigh a trained 210 and am in a profession where I get to throw combative subhumans out of venue doors on a more or less regular basis.

We aren't machines. The living body adapts.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/18/2013 3:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    There's a lot of bullshit going around about dietary requirements. What a surprise.

Since becoming an urbanite, I stopped being able to fill my freezer with hunted meat (about three decades ago). Consequently, I have foresworn meat, weigh a trained 210 and am in a profession where I get to throw combative subhumans out of venue doors on a more or less regular basis.

We aren't machines. The living body adapts.

Sounds like you're someone who has had the discipline to stay in shape and resist the universal tendency to become pudgy over time. Hell, if you work out regularly you could probably live on flapjacks and pork sausage and look good. But most people, particularly middle aged people, don't have that kind of discipline and for them diet is a much bigger factor in how they look. I think there are good reasons to avoid too much meat, but there are also good reasons to include some in your diet, if you fall into the recliner potato category of human.

Posted On:
    11/19/2013 10:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnMunchh View Post
    Sounds like you're someone who has had the discipline to stay in shape and resist the universal tendency to become pudgy over time.
    Only because my paycheck has depended on it.

Hell, if you work out regularly you could probably live on flapjacks and pork sausage and look good...
    ...but feel like ****. The **** that--no matter if you squat 'n' squeeze your way to a porcelain-throne heart attack--ain't goin' anywhere. How can anyone face tomorrow with yesterday clogging up their gut?

But most people, particularly middle aged people, don't have that kind of discipline and for them diet is a much bigger factor in how they look. I think there are good reasons to avoid too much meat, but there are also good reasons to include some in your diet, if you fall into the recliner potato category of human.
    Not being middle-aged (well-past it, actually), I see no great disagreement...other than the meat being optional.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/19/2013 11:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    ...but feel like ****. The **** that--no matter if you squat 'n' squeeze your way to a porcelain-throne heart attack--ain't goin' anywhere. How can anyone face tomorrow with yesterday clogging up their gut?.
    My former brother in law took manly pride in being able to eat steak every night. He had one of those porcelain throne heart attacks -- they found him slumped over with his pants around his ankles. Just like Elvis.

Posted On:
    11/30/2013 1:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728