Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 172324252627 28 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 1:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Militant veganism isn't any more "retarded" than people who simply stick whatever they think tastes good in their mouth, with no regard for health, environmental or social implications. In fact, I would say that the later is decidedly more "retarded". As for veg-eaters being stupid, Leonardo da Vinci, Bertrand Russell, Albert Einstein & a whole bunch of other really smart guys chose to be vegetarian and they didn't suddenly become stupid. The militant vegan mindset is pretty stupid if the vegan doesn't honestly think about the issues but just uses the position to rail against other people so as to feel superior.
    The true issues are:
    - what diet do we best thrive on
    - what diet best serves our society/race
    - what diet best serves our environment
    The answer to these is a diet that is at least 80% high fiber fruits & vegetables, preferably raw to maximize nutritional gain. This is the diet that best promotes long healthy life. We are omnivores, not carnivores, we ate a lot of meat while moving out of east Africa and populating the world, much more than other primates (it's easier to eat cooked animal muscle tissue & safe organs than to test every single plant & fruit for possible poisonous effects while living migratory or nomadic lives). Other primates who were primarily carnivorous, such as Neanderthal, didn't last & they were much more geared to thrive on a high-meat/protein diet. Eating a little meat is fine, for the individual, for society & for the environment. Eating too much meat, however, simply because it tastes good... now that is "retarded".
    I agree with the principles behind a lot of what you say here, but you are behind the times in your views on those carnivorous Neanderthals. They didn't die out or "not last." They interbred with homo sapiens to make our ancestors. They were part of our species's history and present day humans carry their DNA (though to varying degrees), according to the consensus of paleogeneticists. So, you may (or may not) want to tweak your dietary estimates to reflect this.

The general point about Neanderthals has been known for a little while now, but further confirmation and detail has been brought out by recent work on Denisovian hominin fossil DNA by a team led by Max Planck Institute biologist Svante Pääbo.

However, looking at the Denisovan genome allowed researchers to discern a greater amount of Neanderthal DNA in Asians and Native Americans than there is in Europeans. This suggests one of two things about how humans spread across the globe. First, it might mean that modern humans coming out of Africa formed families with Neanderthals in Europe, then their children slowly drifted to Asia. There, those mixed children formed families with other groups of Neanderthals in Asia, giving their children a higher percentage of Neanderthal DNA. Eventually, the offspring of these people traveled to the Americas, becoming the founder population for the peoples of North and South America.

A second possibility is that modern humans came to Europe out of Africa in two separate migrations. So they populated Europe, settling down with the Neanderthal locals. But then a new batch of modern humans arrived from Africa. When those new arrivals formed families with the mixed children of Neanderthals and Homo sapiens, it gave Europeans slightly more Homo sapiens DNA than other non-African people on Earth have today.

Regardless of what happened as different human groups came together in the lands beyond Africa, one thing remains certain. All of us share some genetic traits that set us apart from our hominin cousins. And a set of those traits could bear directly on how we think. "It makes a lot of sense to speculate that what had happened is about connectivity in the brain, because . . . Neandertals had just as large brains as modern humans had," Pääbo said. "Relative to body size, they had even bit larger brains [than Homo sapiens]. Yet there is, of course, something special in my mind that happens with modern humans. It's sort of this extremely rapid technological cultural development that comes, large societal systems, and so on." In other words, our brains weren't bigger than other hominins' brains. They were just wired differently.
    http://io9.com/5939148/new-dna-evide...e-neanderthals

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2013 5:04am

Style: Escrima n00b

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Uninformed blanket statements about veganism much?!!! Master Phrost I expected better from you and I'm a few months late to the thread.

Lacto vegetarian for 18 years now (with 4 years as a vegan) and I'm not scrawny or anaemic. Each to their own though and I don't waste time ragging on people for what they eat (unless they're obese).
    See, that's cool and I don't see how anyone can really have a problem with veggies/vegans who just get on with it. I've got plenty of vegan & veggie friends (mainly Aussies, funnily enough) and apart from cooking differently if they come over for a meal it's a complete non-issue.To be honest it seems overwhelmingly the people that eschew meat products from a younger age like their teens that are the most laid back about it.

My real bug bear? The adult converts. The ones that think that they've converted, now it's their duty to make other people convert and constantly aware of the "issue".

Back in uni I did a Monday lunch for a group of friends who lived in residence and had a full day of lectures and tutorials/practicals to go to. They'd all chip in R10 or so for ingredients and I'd serve up hot pasta or stir fry or something filling and nutritious before their afternoon practicals. These dishes invariably contained meat and often dairy as well. One of the girls in our group converted to veganism when she started dating the local goju instructor. She still continued coming to lunch, but made a big show of not partaking and sitting against the wall going "Ew, flesh! Ew!" despite going back for seconds of chicken & bacon pasta just the week before. It's these hypocritical fuckers I really can't stand!

Posted On:
    6/18/2013 6:13am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A good friend of mine is doing just that, from a meat/cheese eater to a vegan..he feels obliged to post his meals on facebook all the time, and share stupid links or videos on his new religions. He also now calls meat "carrion/cadaver/flesh" (dude used to eat mainly meat for lean protein..)
    So now when we sit down to watch UFC, we eat "adamame"(soy beans) instead of normal crisps or something, and..we can't even put fucking salt on it...god.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2013 9:59am

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    A good friend of mine is doing just that, from a meat/cheese eater to a vegan..he feels obliged to post his meals on facebook all the time, and share stupid links or videos on his new religions. He also now calls meat "carrion/cadaver/flesh" (dude used to eat mainly meat for lean protein..)
    So now when we sit down to watch UFC, we eat "adamame"(soy beans) instead of normal crisps or something, and..we can't even put fucking salt on it...god.
    So, do you suffer under a misconception of the word WE ? No insult intended:

Your pal is vegan, bad enough. However nobody reasonable may see a reason in law or justice, why you Sir cannot stick to the way of your fathers consuming anything you can afford, at least at your place.

Usually I say eating meat to me is a cultural thing, I do so to honor the ways of my people. Same with to much of booze. Its tradition of any single people in Europe, so why choosing this american-hippi-****? I love it.

I know very well, cultural ways, tradition and other inherited crap very much may be nonsense, mostly propably is. But you should see Viggor Vegans veggy eyes, when I start debating of a peoples right to follow their own way. Beautiful.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/18/2013 8:52pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe meat is the best source of protein and essential amino acids and I would never go without it, I eat lots of chicken and fish and I don't give a ****, with that said:

Posted On:
    6/19/2013 5:32am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Douche_Supreme View Post
    While I do believe that Vegans are Whacko Nutjobs. I beat testicular cancer with what is called the Hoxey Treatment. (read homeopathy) Red Clover Stylingia and macrobiotics (primarily raw vegan which I was able to supplement with a steak or meat dish twice a week.)
    So I wouldn't be so sure that she might not be around much longer, (which no matter how whacko she is, is a horrible thing to say or put in print. I don't wish death on anyone but child molesters, rapists and most Grateful Dead Fans) Although I don't know about the success rates of The Hoxey Plan with skin cancer. I do know that if it is Malignant Melanoma, then yeah, you would be right in that assumption. Melanoma metastasizes faster and is one of the deadliest cancers known. While I promote the Hoxey plan (80% success rate compared to a dismal 30% for chemo overall) I am the first to say that she most likely developed the cancer from her malnourished state due to her vegan diet. read on and check out all the facts I have posted throughout this thread on what a crock being a vegan is.
    The only reason Hoxey promotes macrobiotics is to flush out the toxins that your body has accumulated living in our polluted modern society. (read, smog, benzine etc. all in the air around you.)
    I did that for growths on my liver caused by HepC and I recovered well on it.

Posted On:
    7/28/2013 5:46pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Clueless

Posted On:
    7/29/2013 3:16am

supporting member
     Style: Staying Alive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    OMG that's sooooooooo true! Screw you lettuce, I wanna be a Tru3 Wa4410r!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2013 8:38pm

Style: Judo & WTF Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What kind of monsters would try to murder a kitten?

Vegans... that's who:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/w...-1226682108386

Posted On:
    9/21/2013 12:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD81 View Post
    What kind of monsters would try to murder a kitten?

Vegans... that's who:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/w...-1226682108386

You should have gone with this article
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3644213.html

It's eminently more quotable:

Though the idea of turning a carnivorous cat into a pretentious leaf masticator is popular, vets say it's dangerous.

"You can't force your ideology on the cat," Pinfold told the Herald Sun.

Fucking pretentious leaf masticators...
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 172324252627 28 LastLast