Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 6:22pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't really gotten into this topic. But I'll just say three things:

1) Plants will never be able to fully replace the needs that are met by meats. With proper planning and meticulous habits, you might at best be able to get close. But never quite there.
    2) Eggs and fish do not a vegan make. That's closer to a strict kosher diet than anything.
    3) Plants were alive before you ate them too, and are dead after you do. It's simply nature. Everything that eats has to kill something to do it.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 8:50pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master View Post
    I haven't really gotten into this topic. But I'll just say three things:

1) Plants will never be able to fully replace the needs that are met by meats. With proper planning and meticulous habits, you might at best be able to get close. But never quite there.
    2) Eggs and fish do not a vegan make. That's closer to a strict kosher diet than anything.
    3) Plants were alive before you ate them too, and are dead after you do. It's simply nature. Everything that eats has to kill something to do it.
    Honestly I'd rather see the whole country be ovo lacto or ovo pesco tgan the **** we eat now. Nick diaz is kind of fos but way less than people who go to BK 9 times a week
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 9:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    Honestly I'd rather see the whole country be ovo lacto or ovo pesco tgan the **** we eat now. Nick diaz is kind of fos but way less than people who go to BK 9 times a week
    fish & eggs are wonderful sources of dietary protein, either would be great & more than enough for even active people.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 9:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think we can produce/harvest enough fish, to replace the volume of BK, sadly.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    4/05/2012 3:16am

Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    fish & eggs are wonderful sources of dietary protein, either would be great & more than enough for even active people.
    Both of these cannot be argued. Really, going to either extreme is less than ideal. Proper balance is the key.

And I'm not in any way advocating unregulated food intake. All I'm saying that the healthiest possible diet is going to contain a certain amount of meat (including poultry and fish in this category).
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    4/09/2012 5:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Air Force Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Don't Paint Us With a Broad Brush

I think when discussing Veganism or Vegetarianism, its important that we don't paint these folks with a broad brush. A vegan or vegetarian diet doesn't say anything else about a person other than what they choose to buy and put into their mouths. Yes, there are vegans/vegetarians that are annoying, judgmental, and just unpleasant to be around, but there are those, like myself, who defy the conventional wisdom. (I'm vegan, but also a former Security Forces Airman and a rough neck.)

I don't go to health clubs, I don't drink wheat grass smoothies, I'm not buddhist, and I don't preach any doctrine. All of my friends and family members are omnivores, and I deeply respect that. I don't do yoga or pilates, nor do I participate in annoying protests or have a liberal arts degree.

For all intents and purposes, i'm just an average guy. I love shooting and throwing knives and axes and am more likely to be watching the latest UFC fight then watching a program on organic gardening. So please, don't label all of us V-tards and hippies, because we're just as diverse as any other human group.

Posted On:
    4/28/2012 7:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The answer to these is a diet that is at least 80% high fiber fruits & vegetables, preferably raw to maximize nutritional gain. ...
    (my bold)

Where are you getting that from? I hear this often.

From denatured proteins, to the breakdown of oxalic acid and cellulose, the greater body of evidence i have come across suggests just the opposite; that cooking as a whole aids bio-availability.

Furthermore the old "common knowledge" about cooking vegetables has been shown to be largely incorrect, and the flaws in the old methodology well discussed; ie throwing out the cooking water etc.

Posted On:
    4/29/2012 7:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Soards in Denver are vegan and convince many of the followers to become vegan as well. There is PETA literature there too. Another reason to avoid the CSC Denver school.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    4/29/2012 9:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by X'D IN CSC View Post
    The Soards in Denver are vegan and convince many of the followers to become vegan as well. There is PETA literature there too. Another reason to avoid the CSC Denver school.
    what's CSC?
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    5/12/2012 12:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what's CSC?
    Chinese Shaolin Center