Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23242526 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/06/2012 11:07pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    It's true. Beefsteakya tastes like some old grandmother's meatoaf, with extra onions, on a bun.
    Burgers suck but the Greeks redeem themselves with the gyro!

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 12:13am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Found this in the paper today: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/diet...308-1um3k.html

Basically asking for one of the food groups to be renamed as Protein, you know, Vegetable group, Fruit group, Meat/ Poultry/ Fish/ Beans/ Lentil group. I'd be inclined to agree if I gave a ****, seriously, waste my time elsewhere.

However, there was a couple of comments that tickled me in the comment section:

Fair point, I prefer to get around such dilemmas by ensuring that the veal I eat has been weaned on soy milk-
    Commenter Saxivore Location Date and time Mar 8, 2012, 02:18PM

@Saxivore
    I find your comment extremely offensive...how can you joke about the abuse and torture of calves? Perhaps you should visit one of these factory farms of misery to get an education. I hope you don't have any pets.-
    Commenter Meat is murder Location Melbourne Date and time Mar 8, 2012, 03:01PM

@Saxivore
    I find your comment extremely funny. Of course, I'll be the first to claim moral high ground as I only eat the tasty animals. After all, how can others claim that God doesn't want us to eat animals ... when they are all made out of meat?
    Commenter John Fox Location Brisbane Date and time Mar 8, 2012, 03:28PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 8:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Take a joke will you mate?
    Back at ya!

I don't get mad homie. Mad is for losers.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/12/2012 9:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Militant veganism isn't any more "retarded" than people who simply stick whatever they think tastes good in their mouth, with no regard for health, environmental or social implications. In fact, I would say that the later is decidedly more "retarded". As for veg-eaters being stupid, Leonardo da Vinci, Bertrand Russell, Albert Einstein & a whole bunch of other really smart guys chose to be vegetarian and they didn't suddenly become stupid. The militant vegan mindset is pretty stupid if the vegan doesn't honestly think about the issues but just uses the position to rail against other people so as to feel superior.
    The true issues are:
    - what diet do we best thrive on
    - what diet best serves our society/race
    - what diet best serves our environment
    The answer to these is a diet that is at least 80% high fiber fruits & vegetables, preferably raw to maximize nutritional gain. This is the diet that best promotes long healthy life. We are omnivores, not carnivores, we ate a lot of meat while moving out of east Africa and populating the world, much more than other primates (it's easier to eat cooked animal muscle tissue & safe organs than to test every single plant & fruit for possible poisonous effects while living migratory or nomadic lives). Other primates who were primarily carnivorous, such as Neanderthal, didn't last & they were much more geared to thrive on a high-meat/protein diet. Eating a little meat is fine, for the individual, for society & for the environment. Eating too much meat, however, simply because it tastes good... now that is "retarded".
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 10:17am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's funny that I see that graphic on the front page show how fat Americans have become during my lifetime, I just started taking Lipitor for my cholesterol, and now I am reading the righteous indignation of people who are understandably annoyed at the righteous indignation of the control-freaks who, while deciding to eat Healthy, feel that they are saving the planet and being incredibly moral by engaging in this costly, unsustainable practice because they are disgusted by the costly, unsustainable practices of others.

There are some serious psychological issues that often cause people to be freaks about what they eat. I dated this really damaged chick in College like that. But then again there are some seriously damaged people who take up the martial arts for some pretty odd reasons. Some of them become great fighters.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    3/21/2012 12:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am on the same page as cosmichearse. I am also aware that in today's society it is impossible to live a completely animal free and cruelty free lifestyle. When you walk around, you squash bugs. You take a bus, you could run something over. Not to mention almost everything in our modern world is animal derived. Thinking that your lifestyle is completely cruelty free is utterly ridiculous. I say just do the best you can to lesson your footprint on the planet. If you can do it healthy and right, then why not?

I come from a family with a lot of mixed diets, from Paleo, to vegan, vegetarian, and completley carnivor. We all get along with eachother and all are pretty healthy. We have cross fitters, athletes, and even a couple training to be fighters. I look at it as ANY diet could be either healthy, or not healthy. And I look at it as a personal choice. I may not eat meat, but I'm not going to talk down or bagger someone who does eat it. I don't care what other people do with their life and I am actually the only vegan, or non meat eater for that mattter, out of all of my closest friends and gym parteners. I respect them and don't preach, and they respect me. Sure, we have our discussions here and there, but afterwards we all are fine with eachother. Arguing with others won't change their minds anyway. Just my little thought.

Posted On:
    3/21/2012 1:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 3:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: San shou/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't even know where to start here.

I'm vegan, tons of my friends are vegan, tons aren't. When I go out to eat with my friends I'm happy for them to order whatever they want, and I sincerely hope they enjoy their meal. I run a teen center and happily serve disadvantaged youth pizza/cheese, and meat until a state inspector said we didn't have proper equipment as a "gathering" hall to prepare anything with grease. Teens gotta eat, that's more important than any view I could have. I'm also straight edge.

My philosophy is, lead by example, I'm happy with who I am, my choices and how I live, I have personal reasons to back everything I do, both emotionally, spiritually (not THAT spiritual), and political. I can back any of these things up confidently, and coherently. But why should I? I made my decisions and I like that other people can choose for themselves, if people have questions are curious, they will ask, if they offer me food I can't eat as I politely say "I'm vegan but thank you" that's that... Crazy right? what's more crazy is that's how MOST of my friends are, many of which are vegan.

Vegan or straight edge, whenever I tell people I'm either they freak out and tell me horror stories of the ONE or TWO people they have met that were vegan/sXe lunatics. Which, anyone who is a fanatic sucks, (insert every single employee of that POS "non-profit" PETA). But these people are the vast minority. I will tell you no matter where I am, or what I'm doing. When I tell people I'm either, probably 2/3 people will be like "what's wrong with you, you don't like meat" or "you don't drinkhow do you have fun" (so the one or two people who pester those who eat meat, is like the MOJORITY of people to me) , these sentiments can be seen mirrored on this thread. Everything "vegans" (labeled as some blanket, uni-minded social group) have been accused of doing, is being exhibited on this thread, and I'm not bashing anyone, I'm bringing awareness to it. If this article had been written from a vegan stand point, using the same tone/language/aesthetic a ton of people would be up in arms.

Veganism isn't retarded, it's awesome. It works for me. Eating meat is also awesome, factory farms aren't, neither is juicing up on monsanto soy (equally as shitty as a company as any factory farm).

The argument that veganism is saving the world is BS. The argument that "plants have feelings to why eat them" is bs. In the end, do what works best for you.

I have been vegan about 2 1/2 years. I'm far from retarded, I train really hard, I can put on muscle or drop weight like a pro, I have more energy than anyone I train with, both in explosiveness and stamina. Is it from veganism? Maybe. Or maybe I just found what works for me, cause I don't think the vegan *privilege* (not everyone can afford this high priced, more or less luxury diet) is something that would work for everyone, but I'll tell you there's never a "food coma" for me, I'm all energy all the time. (also see Diaz brothers, both vegan).

I think that this read is victim to it's own argument, and I don't blame it. But really it does exactly what it's complaining about while degrading all vegans to either being stupid, or PETA (is there a difference?). A socially loafed group of extremists that have no back bone to their argument. Chances are you know a lot more vegans than you think. Maybe they don't want to be preachy and that's why you don't know, or maybe they are worried or knee-jerk reactions like this, and since that's a daily part of their life, they just don't feel like dealing with it anymore.

You're not gonna be a superior trainer/person cause you're vegan, or because you eat meat/dairy, it's about how dedicated you are and how you listen to your body. However you will be an inferior person by being an asshole, vegans, meat eaters, and fence walkers alike.

Also, tofu dogs seriously taste like garbage.
    Last edited by acoldkiss; 4/04/2012 3:29pm at .

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 5:22pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Be fair nick diaz is vegan ... until 20 minutes after that spark. Than he's a twinkytarian
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    4/04/2012 5:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by acoldkiss View Post
    ... (also see Diaz brothers, both vegan).

I'm not quite vegan cuz I do eat fish and eggs, but no cheese or other dairy.
    I wanna be back in the time where I can go out my backdoor and shoot some rabbits and eat 'em, cuz it's nice like that man. I want it as natural and real as it gets.
    But yeah, if it was back in the day and I was out in the woods all week and needed to shoot a deer to survive, I know I could do it.
    Nick Diaz

http://www.mmanews.com/forums/genera...ph-united.html
    Last edited by ChenPengFi; 4/04/2012 5:50pm at .
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23242526 ... LastLast