Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/17/2012 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also a competitive triathlete and iron(wo)man. my momma would whup yo mommas ass, both physically and in a debate on the levels of dangerous chemicals in flounder found in the whangarei harbour.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2012 6:35am

Style: American Kenpo, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    my mum (a research scientist working on her doctorate in molecular biology) was telling me the other day about a study she had been helping out with about how children who were primarily vegetarian can end up being malnourished, because their colon is not long enough to get enough nutrients out of a mostly vege diet. i thought that was kinda interesting.
    Exactly the argument I always use.

Posted On:
    2/18/2012 12:22pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
    I think using animals for food is an ethical thing to do, but we've got to do it right. We've got to give those animals a decent life and we've got to give them a painless death. We owe the animal respect."

~Temple Grandin

She has designed quite a few slaughterhouses in between being a spokesperson for the autistic community
    And then there's the opposite argument: cause birth defects so it doesn't matter how the animal is treated.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/...cken-solution/

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    2/18/2012 11:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu Swordfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    And then there's the opposite argument: cause birth defects so it doesn't matter how the animal is treated.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/...cken-solution/
    You know, as freaky as this is, I can't really argue against it.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    2/19/2012 1:05am

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    Except that peanuts are not a complete source of protein. (Peanut better is, however, a very calorically dense food). Your body cannot manufacture certain amino acids that it needs (called "essential amino acids"). Meats and animal products almost invariably contain these amino acidts. But there are, in fact, very few single vegetarian/vegan foods that contain them all. They have to eat various combinations of food to assure they don't become malnourished. They also have issues with B12, Vitamin D, etc.
    One of those foods is peanuts.

True it doesn't contain them all, peanuts do, in fact, contain many essential amino acids such as L-arginine, tryptophan, valine, leucine, Threonine, and Phenylalanine.

That is 5 of the 8 essentials and 1 semiessential amino acid by my count, in humble peanut butter.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/19/2012 1:12am at . Reason: mmmm peanut butter...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2012 3:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't had a chance to read every post because it's almost 4am. I'm a newb who was directed to this thread because of my introduction post about being a (mostly) vegan athlete. I'll read these posts thoroughly and then, hopefully, be able to articulate my thoughts better tomorrow. I'm excited about this thread though and hope to engage in some raucous debate with both vegans and carnivores alike. Happy eating.

Registered Member

Where tornadoes come sweeping down the lane.

Posted On:
    2/19/2012 5:40am

Style: Bas Rutten's MMA workout.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see all this talk from both sides of the meat fence, but I need to ask, how many on either side has ever actually slaughtered an animal? I don't mean shot a deer/or whatever your game of choice is at a distance. I mean taken a chicken and put it's head down between two nails on a stump and cleavered it off or helped hold down a goat while it's throat was slit? Pigs are best with a .22 to the head. Everyone who has an opinion about this should have to try these things at least once. Except the chicken thing cause after it's dead the best way to remove feathers is to boil the thing and it just stinks. Also the head and feet you cut off you wanna toss to the pigs. They love it.

Posted On:
    2/19/2012 7:58am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzadqiel View Post
    Also the head and feet you cut off you wanna toss to the pigs. They love it.
    ...because they don't know they're next.

And that damn spider sure isn't going to save them all.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2012 9:04am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am surprised someone hasn't brought up VEGAN pet food.
    WHAT?! you say
    VEGAN PET FOOD. More specifically Vegan cat food. Unlike dogs and other omnivores, cats are true (so-called “obligate”) carnivores: They meet their nutritional needs by consuming other animals and have a higher protein requirement than many other mammals. Cats get certain key nutrients from meat—including taurine, arachidonic acid, vitamin A and vitamin B12—that can’t be sufficiently obtained from plant-based foods. Without a steady supply of these nutrients, cats can suffer from liver and heart problems, not to mention skin irritation and hearing loss.
    This information is all over the web, yet the V-Tards and PETA still insist that you can feed your pet a vegan diet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2012 9:13am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For all the Vegetarian and Vegan idiots on here reading this blog. Yea I am calling you idiots, even the typical Vegetarian. Here are some scientific FACTS that you guys are fucking morons.

No-Bologna Facts
    1.There’s never been a single study that proves saturated fat causes heart disease.

2.As heart-disease rates were skyrocketing in the mid-1900s, consumption of animal fat was going down, not up. Consumption of vegetable oils, however, was going up dramatically.
    Half of all heart-attack victims have normal or low cholesterol. Autopsies performed on heart-attack victims routinely reveal plaque-filled arteries in people whose cholesterol was low (as low as 115 in one case).

3.Asian Indians – half of whom are vegetarians – have one of the highest rates of heart disease in the entire world. Yup, that fatty meat will kill you, all right.

4.When Morgan Spurlock tells you that a McDonald’s salad supplies almost a day’s allowance of fat, he’s basing that statement on the FDA’s low-fat/high-carbohydrate dietary guidelines, which in turn are based on … absolutely nothing. There’s no science behind those guidelines; they were simply made up by a congressional committee.

5.Kids who were diagnosed as suffering from ADD have been successfully treated by re-introducing natural saturated fats into their diets. Your brain is made largely of fat.
    Many epileptics have reduced or eliminated seizures by adopting a diet low in sugar and starch and high in saturated animal fats.

6.Despite everything you’ve heard about saturated fat being linked to cancer, that link is statistically weak. However, there is a strong link between sugar and cancer. In Europe, doctors tell patients, “Sugar feeds cancer.”

7.Being fat is not, in and of itself, bad for your health. The behaviors that can make you fat – eating excess sugar and starch, not getting any exercise – can also ruin your health, and that’s why being fat is associated with bad health. But it’s entirely possible to be fat and healthy. It’s also possible to be thin while developing Type II diabetes and heart disease.

8.Saturated fat and cholesterol help produce testosterone. When men limit their saturated fat, their testosterone level drops. So, regardless of what a famous vegan chef believes, saturated fat does not impair sexual performance.

I have more if you don't believe me.
    Quit being girly and go eat you a steak. *****!
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast