...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    2/13/2012 12:13am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Smoke grenades??

I was looking around on the internet today, and found out at www.smokegrenades.us that although you may need an AFT explosive license to order an actual M-18 smoke grenade, that you don't need one to order a comparable Fat Man II pull pin smoke grenade, or a colored smoke device that requires lighting.

Two questions immediately come to mind:

1.) Would it be worth the money to buy a few smoke emitting devices for disaster preparedness purposes?

2.) Does smoke have any tactical value for me as a private individual? What about in an extreme natual disaster/loss of services situation?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    2/13/2012 12:59am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless you think small unit tactical maneuver against an armed enemy force is in your future...I wouldn't waste the money.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2012 10:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They're fun to play with at paintball games or whatever, but otherwise I wouldn't bother with one. Possible exception: an orange Coast Guard approved type as a means to signal an aircraft if you're lost in the woods or something. Even then, you're probably better off with a mirror.
    Smoke crack and worship Satan.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    2/21/2012 11:15pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpface View Post
    They're fun to play with at paintball games or whatever, but otherwise I wouldn't bother with one. Possible exception: an orange Coast Guard approved type as a means to signal an aircraft if you're lost in the woods or something. Even then, you're probably better off with a mirror.
    That site actually sells those orange things.

Well, after reading all the posts on this thread, maybe I'll get one of those things IF I get more into desert exploration and am concerned with getting lost in the desert.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29