Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 11:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Should I touch this man?

I'm a semi-regular at the push-hands club in my neighborhood park. The facilitator runs it via meetup.com, and we are in the Bay Area, so of course we get a fair number of lookie-loos and weirdos. I like it though; there are some serious people with good experience—and not just in taiji or other CMAs—and almost everyone is friendly. (The unfriendlies don't stay for long, honestly.) And it's always good to play with strangers and people outside of one's own school.

Anyway, a new person signed up, and he has a LOT of meetup interests.

A lot. I'm actually cutting out about 30 percent of his total interests:

Chi Kung, Chi Gong/ Chi Kung/ Qi Gong or Qigong, Qigong Exercise

Fairly typical for taiji, but then:

Kabbalah, Hebrew Astrology, Mysticism, Earth-Based Spirituality, Shamanic Healing, Peru, Shamanic Journeying,

Then he recovers a bit:

Knife Fighting, Arnis, Close Quarter Combat, Kali, Knife Defense, Think Tank, Self-Defense, Kenpo Karate, Outdoor Fitness, Outdoor Recreation, Exercise and Fun, Filipino Martial Arts, Filipino Stick Fighting, Escrima, Stick Fighting,

And THEN:

Remote Viewing, Self Empowerment & Exploration, Psychic Development and Mediumship Training, Personal Growth thru Spirituality and Meditation, Psychics, Ghosts Hunters, Ghost Tracking, Paranormal, spirits and ghosts

This next group of interests might even be worse:

Dating Advice and Personal Development Coaching, Flirting, Pick-Up Artist, Open Relationships, white tantra, Kundalini Yoga, Sensuality and Intimacy, Spiritual Tantra, Kriya Yoga, Sensual and Erotic Education, What is Tantra? Tantric Sex and Lovemaking?, Nude Sun Bathing, Naturism, Nudist Lifestyle, Energy Healers, Rebirthing, Breathwork, Consciousness, Alternative Health, Tantric, Law of Attraction, Sexual healing, Newly Single

Then there's some stuff about going out salsa dancing, which is fine if you want to meet new people (better than "sensual and erotic education" I bet) and THEN:

chakras, Shamanism, Spiritual Growth and Transformation, Polyamory, Kundalini, Taoism, Sacred Ceremony and Ritual, Sacred Tantra, red tantra, Sacred Sexuality,

Then a few okay ones:

Daoist Meditation, Baguazhang, Internal Martial Arts, Bagua, Kung Fu Gongfu Internal Martial Arts Qi Gong, Tai Chi Push Hands, Tai Chi for Health & Longevity, Spirituality, Holistic Health, Qi Gong, Sports & Recreation, Mixed Martial Arts, Jujitsu, Aikido, Boxing, Jeet Kune Do, Self Defense, Tai Chi, Weight Loss, Martial Arts

So, is this guy a supermega-weirdo, just excited to click on buttons, or so busy he won't even show up? And like the subject asks, should I actually touch him if he does?

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 11:42pm

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oddly enough, this sounds like a friend of Selfcritical's and mine. He may just like a lot of things and be an ok guy. Or he could be a bunny boiler. Best of luck, amigo.

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 11:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you friend grow a silly beard to get women to talk to him, or does he just insist that everyone call him Licorice Stallion?

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 12:22am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy sounds like a whackbat... I'd love to see him on video.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 1:04am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    chakras, Shamanism, Spiritual Growth and Transformation, Polyamory, Kundalini, Taoism, Sacred Ceremony and Ritual, Sacred Tantra, red tantra, Sacred Sexuality,
    I've never met a guy who talked about the stuff quoted above who wasn't some type of sexual predator who specialized in taking advantage of weak willed people.

Your mileage may vary.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 1:29am

Style: bjj (blue) Judo (green)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like the type of guy who will eventually eat your liver with fava beans and a glass of chianti.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 2:15am

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All of this is of course batshit insane and stupid.

Chi Kung, Chi Gong/ Chi Kung/ Qi Gong or Qigong, Qigong Exercise

Kabbalah, Hebrew Astrology, Mysticism, Earth-Based Spirituality, Shamanic Healing, Peru, Shamanic Journeying,

Remote Viewing, Self Empowerment & Exploration, Psychic Development and Mediumship Training, Personal Growth thru Spirituality and Meditation, Psychics, Ghosts Hunters, Ghost Tracking, Paranormal, spirits and ghosts

…white tantra, Kundalini Yoga, Sensuality and Intimacy, Spiritual Tantra, Kriya Yoga, Sensual and Erotic Education, What is Tantra? Tantric Sex and Lovemaking?, … Energy Healers, Rebirthing, Breathwork, Consciousness, Alternative Health, Tantric, Law of Attraction, Sexual healing

chakras, Shamanism, Spiritual Growth and Transformation, … Kundalini, Taoism, Sacred Ceremony and Ritual, Sacred Tantra, red tantra, Sacred Sexuality,

…Spirituality, Holistic Health, Qi Gong…
    However, all of the stupidity and insanity can be easily explained:

Pick-Up Artist
    Neurosyphilis. Who knows what else he’s got? Touch him at your peril!
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 2:23am

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I've never met a guy who talked about the stuff quoted above who wasn't some type of sexual predator who specialized in taking advantage of weak willed people.
    To be fair, there are lots of perfectly nice people into polyamory, and a fair number of them (though nice) are addled enough to buy into all that mystic nonsense. I’ve met them. They give me a headache and a sorely cramped masseter from biting down on all my commentary, but they’re harmless and non-predatory.

The sheer bulk of those items makes him look creepy, though, especially as meetup categories. And
    Pick-Up Artist
    is, AFAIK, basically a euphemism for “sexual predator” used by sexual predators. I’m not aware of the existence of any “PUAs” who do not deserve a punch in the face.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 3:17am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry but rebirthing? do i even want to know?

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 4:05am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    To be fair, there are lots of perfectly nice people into polyamory, and a fair number of them (though nice) are addled enough to buy into all that mystic nonsense. I’ve met them. They give me a headache and a sorely cramped masseter from biting down on all my commentary, but they’re harmless and non-predatory.
    Damn right we are. (I'm poly myself)
    Polyamory is real damn popular amongst the New Age and Neopagan communities, so I'm not surprised to see all the magical stuff. I should point out that I'm an atheist myself, and so was my ex girlfriend-in-law, so non-pagan poly people do exist.
    The The Pick-Up Artist thing is what scares me, along with the sexual healing claptrap.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast