Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Another Hall Of Famer: Remarkable Claims

I remember checking out Master Emile A. Wright's school, back in the early 1990's. Lots of trophies, certificates, etc. At some point in the mid-90's, he was ranked as a point fighter in the senior division.

I just happened upon his FaceBook and learned that he was:

1. Recognized by Cambridge Who's Who for showing dedication, leadership and excellence in martial arts instruction.

2. A member of the 1960 4x100 relay team in the Rome Olympics.

3. In the U.S. Navy for three decades (14 years of service with SEAL Team #3).

4. Promoted to the rank of 8th Dan Grandmaster black belt and professor of martial science by the Martial Arts Academy. CEO Uclee Kimcoe.

5. A black belt and inductee of the Martial Arts Hall of Fame.

6. Honored with a Living Legend Award in Martial Arts.

7. Played professional football for the San Diego Chargers for two years.

Does anyone have any insight into the man, his school or any way to verify his claims.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...12951682052374
    Last edited by slamdunc; 2/11/2012 10:51am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 10:36am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, it helps if you put the name in your op. Also, copy the text from the facebook page. Yes, people have taken down the pages when people start digging into their background.

HERRIN, IL, September 19, 2011, Emile A. Wright, Master Instructor for Martial Arts Academy, has been recognized by Cambridge Who's Who for showing dedication, leadership and excellence in martial arts instruction.

Mr. Wright is a master in martial arts, world-class sprinter, member of the 1960 4x100 relay team (Rome Olympics), has been a kickboxer for 12 years and is a light heavyweight champion. After serving in the U.S. Navy for three decades (inculding 14 years of service with SEAL Team #3), he established Martial Atrs Academy in Herrin, Ill. Mr. Wright, who possesses expertise in taekwondo, teaches self-defense and stress classes as a certified master instructor. He takes pride in mentoring his students, and plans to continue promoting his school and teaching young boys and girls the art of self-defense for many years to come. Most recently, master Emile Wright has been promoted to the rank of 8th Dan Grandmaster blackbelt and professor of martial science by the Martial Arts Academy. CEO Uclee Kimcoe is at the rank 10th Dan and president Grandmaster Jhoun Rhee is at the 9th rank as of August 11th. Grandmaster Wright has written six self defense books used by only martial arts academy schools.

Mr. Wright enter the U.S. Navy in 1960 and earned a bachelor's degree in education from the University of San Diego in 1984. He is a black belt and inductee of the Martial Arts Hall of Fame. In 2004, he was honored with a Living Legend Award in Martial Arts. Mr. Wright aslo played professional football for the San Diego Chargers for two years. He attributes his success to continously having fun, traveling, and making new friends.
    Emile A. Wright.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 10:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Well, it helps if you put the name in your op. Also, copy the text from the facebook page. Yes, people have taken down the pages when people start digging into their background.

Emile A. Wright.
    Point taken, I added the name.

game dog

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Olympics claim is dubious at the least: the results can be found online ( http://www.databaseolympics.com/game...tm?g=15&sp=SWI ); the US happened to win Gold in the men's relay, so their team members are listed, and Emile Wright is not among them.

The SEAL claim can probably be checked by http://veriseal.org . Care to contact them?
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 1:54pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is the 4x100 and age wise it is running. The trick is seeing if he was on a back up team.

The US didn't have a Black Olympic swimmer until 2000.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 2:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatdown Richie View Post
    The SEAL claim can probably be checked by http://veriseal.org . Care to contact them?
    According to their website, VeriSEAL Group provides independent, no-cost verification of Special Operations Forces personnel backgrounds to SEC associates, clients and law enforcement. Requests from the general public are considered on a case-by-case basis.
    Since I have no legitimate (investigative) purpose to request information as law enforcement, I had to take a number.

It is the 4x100 and age wise it is running.
    It was running; the FaceBook page stated that he is a 'World-Class' sprinter.
    I also checked the San Diego Chargers rosters on their web page. That only dates back to the 1991 team.
    Last edited by slamdunc; 2/11/2012 2:39pm at . Reason: Added information

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 2:43pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    It was running; the FaceBook page stated that he is a 'World-Class' sprinter.
    I also checked the San Diego Chargers rosters on their web page. That only dates back to the 1991 team.
    In MABS we are semantic assholes. I know in the US "sprinter" is almost exclusively used for running. Yet, it has been used for swimmers as well.

That's why I was explaining why age/time wise it has to be running. BR is form Germany and it may be interchangeable in that country.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 2:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In MABS we are semantic assholes. I know in the US "sprinter" is almost exclusively used for running. Yet, it has been used for swimmers as well.
    Thanks for the clarification. I did, indeed, contact VeriSEAL, and am awaiting their response. I am also trying to make contact with someone in the San Diego Chargers organization to see if they have ever heard of Mr. Wright.

game dog

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 3:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is the 4x100 and age wise it is running. The trick is seeing if he was on a back up team.
    Ooops. Totally misread that one. Thanks for pointing it out. (Unfortunately, the US did not win a medal in the 4x100 running event, so the team members are not as easily found online.)
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 3:14pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found the real name and he isn't on them at all. Now, I am trying to find out if he was a back up. Nowadays, they have alternates and extra runners.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/13/2012 7:25pm at .
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast