224684 Bullies, 3722 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 11:05am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

On Tap: Velasquez/Mir, Cruz/Faber 3

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/2/10...ffin-confirmed

Lorenzo Fertitta revealed some planned upcoming fights. What do you guys think about these matchups?

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 12:41pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good chance of Mir/Velasquez being for a title shot, I think. I'll eat my hat if he loses to Mir. I don't even own a hat, I'll go buy one just for this. Mir doesn't seem to do very well against guys with strong top control, and his wrestling isn't good enough to stop the takedown for long. Not to mention his not so great chin, considering he got nearly KO'ed by an over-the-hill Nog, who has never had a lot of power even in his prime. I'll take Velasquez via ground and pound.

Griffin-Ortiz 3...I don't even know. Is Tito just trying to go out on a win, or if he picks this one up will he keep dragging out the inevitable? And Griffin hasn't really ever looked like he enjoys fighting since Anderson Silva ate his soul.

I also saw a mention of one of the Fertittas thinking an Aldo/Edgar fight could happen. I think I'd rather see Aldo move up. 145 is pretty thin even adding Edgar to the mix, but 155 all of a sudden gets a ton of awesome fights if Aldo moves up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 12:53pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mir/Velasquez - Frankly (pun intended), I think Mir has a slight advantage on the feet, I don't think he can hold down Cain, nor do I think Cain will be safe anywhere on the ground from getting his **** broke. I say frank by Submission rd. 1 or 2, but a great fight nonetheless, or a courageous hard fought TKO/Decision in Rd. 3 for Cain.

Griffin-Ortiz 3 - Griffin, all the way. Tito is old, washed up, and on a losing streak. Forrest is not quite as old, not quite as washed up, and always makes it a fight. I say Griffin by UD.

Aldo/Edgar - I hope this fight happens. It will be interesting to see the gameplans for these 2. Edgar has got great footwork, excellent wrestling, strong cardio, and great boxing. Aldo has great footwork, excellent jiu jitsu, strong cardio, great muay thai and some of the nastiest leg kicks ever seen. I say Edgar by being the terminator/UD.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 2:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I though Cain was going to fight Bigfoot? Oh well, Mir/Cain should be interesting as well. I'd probably have my money on Cain.

Edgar/Aldo would be awesome, by far the most interesting match listed here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 11:20pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    omg mir is fucked

Registered Member

Where tornadoes come sweeping down the lane.

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 1:21am

Style: Bas Rutten's MMA workout.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilboy7778 View Post
    omg mir is fucked
    Such sharp insights you share.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 10:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm liking Dos Santos to beat Overeem and I'm not too excited about seeing Dos Santos fight Velasquez again, so I'm hoping Mir beats Velasquez.

I think Mir/Velasquez could go either way.

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 10:40am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    I'm liking Dos Santos to beat Overeem
    What makes you say that? Not disagreeing, Dos Santos is my guy, but I can see Overeem taking him out just as well as he could drop Overeem.

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 11:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure. There are as many reasons Overeem should win as there are reasons Dos Santos should win.

But for one thing, I can't shake the images of Overeem getting knocked out so many times in the past, even if it did happen before his move to Heavyweight. And I think Dos Santos' speed will be a factor. Other than that, it's just a feeling.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 1:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Junior has sharper hands, but Overeem is terrifying with the kicks and knees. Dos Santos needs to turn it into a stick and move boxing match, the Demolition Man needs to either stay on the outside where he can throw kicks and flying knees, or in the clinch where he can throw non flying knees.

I give Cain an edge due to his ability to mix strikes and takedowns to keep Mir off his game. But give the spawn of Satan his due, Frank can pull off a game changing strike or limb breaking submission given even the smallest opening. It's true he has struggled against man beasts like Carwin and Lesnar, but Velasquez, while no 90 pound weakling, isn't as yoked up as either of them.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast