Administrator

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 12:55am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Ahem, Nate Diaz has never been suspended.
    The positive test marks Diaz’s second drug screen violation in Nevada. The Cesar Gracie pupil was first flagged for marijuana by state officials in 2007 following a gutsy non-title submission victory over Pride Fighting Championships king Takanori Gomi. The bout’s result was changed to a no-contest and Diaz was suspended for six months in addition to receiving a fine.
    Source:
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Dia...o-Condit-40163

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 12:57am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonymontana View Post
    wow a weed test for mma is dumb
    Agreed, but do you smoke? If you do is your opinion skewed. I don't smoke and I agree with you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 1:25am

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonymontana View Post
    wow a weed test for mma is dumb
    You know what is more dumb? Smoking weed when you fucking know you are going to get tested for it! Nick Diaz has got to be one of the most unprofessional & dumbest modern MMA fighters to ever step in the cage.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 2:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Emphasis mine:

Quote Originally Posted by Sherdog
    The Nevada State Athletic Commission Tuesday announced that Nick Diaz has tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his UFC 143 decision loss to Carlos Condit at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit
    Ahem, Nate Diaz has never been suspended.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 3:37am

Style: lazy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    This is so fucking stupid and unprofessional.

Seriously Diaz brothers if you're going to smoke marijuana at least lay off it before a major fight. I mean its not like its addictive or anything...
    Opened that can of worms hey?

I know it's only anecdotal but I had an easier time quitting cigarettes, same goes for an old mate of mine. They say it's just a psychological addiction and in a way I agree.

In the way that some people need medication to cope with society and without it, no matter how hard you try, end up being some kind of spectacle or even a danger to society.

Now that I'm thinking of it, to me it explains alot of his behaviour. I mean when I quit or even cut down I can't handle any kind of stress, I trip over my tongue like my thoughts are disorganised and coming out of my mouth faster than I can arrange them.

I would imagine he usually tries to clear his system before fighting, maybe he failed this time because he stuck to his usual method and the pot he had gotten used to was 3 times stronger?

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 4:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Good morning.

Oh, by Hextor.

We have this weird consensus in our society that weed is a no-drug.

On what is that belief founded?

Because, without being a medic, or anything, I can spontaneously name about twenty people I know that had to undergo serious treatment for the abuse of marihuana, as compared to only one person my age that had to undergo treatment for alcohol abuse.

Now, that might be just anecdotal evidence, but, really, this cheech-and-chong romanticism seems simply misplaced.

And as to Diaz, I don't know, is he really THAT good of a fighter that you would have to endure all his antics? Because last time I checked, he was fed cans in Strikeforce, and then a guy (BJ Penn) whom had a height advantage of what, fifteen inches? And the first guy who was the same body type as him (Carlos Condit) made him look like an idiot.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 2/10/2012 4:24am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 6:11am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Because, without being a medic, or anything, I can spontaneously name about twenty people I know that had to undergo serious treatment for the abuse of marihuana, as compared to only one person my age that had to undergo treatment for alcohol abuse.

Now, that might be just anecdotal evidence, but, really, this cheech-and-chong romanticism seems simply misplaced.
    Question: what were the circumstances that those people found themselves in treatment for? I don't know what it is like in Spain, but in the United States one can usually avoid fines and get lenience on sentencing by undergoing treatment. Defendants do it to show the judge that they are aware of their responsibility and taking steps to cure their addiction. NA and AA are often used in the same manner by judges, and strict adherence is required to avoid more serious consequences. By itself, the anecdotal evidence of "knowing more people being treated for marijuana abuse" doesn't actually tell us anything.

If getting treatment is the alternative to more serious consequences (either from family or from the State), who in their right mind would refuse it? I'll tell you this: the belief in our society that weed is a dangerous drug stems from racism at the time the laws were passed, and later from propaganda films demonizing its use.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 6:13am

Style: lazy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post

Because, without being a medic, or anything, I can spontaneously name about twenty people I know that had to undergo serious treatment for the abuse of marihuana,
    Wow you either know ALOT of softcocks or twenty people that were probably already self-medicating.

In my society weed is obviously a drug but our wierd consensus is that alchohol is the no-drug.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    2/10/2012 6:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All of them developed some mental illness - I guess that is the term - through their drug abuse; from depression to outright paranoia.

I can't speculate about the details, but none of them had had any run-in with the authorities when they had their respective breakdowns.

Now, what I know and see from those is enough for me to say that I don't want to have anything to do with weed; if others can handle it better: Their responsibility.

Who here is a high-grade drug consumer, to give the contrasting opinion from a firsthand perspective? I doubt anybody here smokes weed more than say, two or three times per week as the absolute maximum. - Simply because smoking and training don't really go along.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast