221996 Bullies, 4304 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/09/2013 11:29am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does this thread mean there will be a throwdown with swords?? If so vids please. I don't have any Scottish ancestory that I'm aware of just English and French, but **** if I know who any of those dead bastards are. Can I still buy a title though?? I will take "Duke of Troll".

Seriously though does he have any vids showing his awesome sword fighting prowess??

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/09/2013 12:02pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Does this thread mean there will be a throwdown with swords??
    Almost certainly not- apparently uncouth conversation is beneath His Serene Highness; swordfighting seems even less likely.

Seriously though does he have any vids showing his awesome sword fighting prowess??
    I think this is him:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 10:08am

Style: Bowie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I agree with all of this, but:

This can be and was taken wrong. Your reaction is actually quite ironic.

[...]

LOL, it also says a ton about you and I normally like your posts. Yet, there is an air that has led to some of your more contentious threads. This is one of those times.
    I just realized that I never replied to this. Oh well, better late, right?

Anyway, yeah, sometimes I come across as a bit of a tool. That's because, at a rough guess, about half of the time I come across as being a bit of a tool it's because, well, I'm being a bit of a tool. To a large degree, I've given up on trying to not be contentious and not hurt people's feelings. I will usually try to not be deliberately impolite. This was one of those cases. I was trying to be polite.

To expound a bit re my comment on Trial in Abstentia, I take a rather dim view of accusations made or implications upon a person's character being made with the person in question not being given, at least, an opportunity to explain or defend themselves. That is what it sure looked like was going on in the first post.

Now H.S.H. may be a complete tool himself. I don't know. There is some things, such but his reply (post #9), seems to indicate that "H.S.H." and "Master" are internal organizational contrivances or just plain inside jokes. On the other hand, the posts from his proxies/students seem to cast a different shade upon the question.

Whatever the case, making pronouncements about the man in question without the opportunity for himself to make response is pretty base and I took exception when Spungdeeper replied, "I don't care."

I am reminded of when DdlR posted on bullshido about my book on grappling in pre-MoQ boxing. A lot of bullies immediately assumed it was some sort of bogus crap, that there never was grappling in boxing beyond "dirty boxing," and that I was some sort of wannabe who'd take a class or two in boxing and judo and then magically "found" various "hidden" bunkai in boxing (and that I didn't like MMA/had MMA-envy). I recall being a bit unhappy with the whole incident. Turns out that there's a crap-ton of documentation for these grapples, I'm not some McSensei, and the bullies ended up with some egg on their faces (just egg-whites - they eat healthy, after all).

I remember back to McDojo.com when the idea was to be a debunker based upon evidence. Martial Arts detectives, so to speak. Yet what sort of detective ignores primary evidence: witness testimony by the accused?

See what I'm getting at?

Well, anyway, I'm gonna go be a tool. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 4:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.macdonaldarms.com/

This guy is very seriously involved in the recreation of scottish backsword techniques. Better people than I can judge how legit he is but from what I've picked up on Bullshido I would say he is. Anyway, if anyone wants to you could get in touch with him and get his opinion on the matter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 1:39pm

Style: Bowie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cereus View Post
    http://www.macdonaldarms.com/

This guy is very seriously involved in the recreation of scottish backsword techniques. Better people than I can judge how legit he is but from what I've picked up on Bullshido I would say he is. Anyway, if anyone wants to you could get in touch with him and get his opinion on the matter.
    Paul's a good guy. Very knowledgeable and skilled. Paul is quite legit. He and Chris Thompson would be on my short list concerning anything Scottish Sword. I got to be "crash test dummy" for Chris in a seminar class where he applied Blackwatch Highland Broadsword principles and techniques to tomahawk. It was cool. Painful, but cool.

I'd also tap Jarred Kirby. I'm working with him on a repub of McBane.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 6:07pm

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spungdeeper View Post
    He teaches Highland Broadsword in West Linn Oregon, claims to be a Master, related to Charlemagne (doesn't actually say he's related but strongly suggests it), teaches Koushako Do Karate (?) of which I can only find references to on his site and...well here's his titles: H.S.H. Douglas Buchanan Bailey Duke of St. Cyriacuz, Tetrarch of Tiggiano Italy, and the 13th armorial head of the house of Bailey.
    BTW H.S.H means His Serene Highness.
    OK, I got a bit curious about this, so I did some research. I found this guy's Facebook page and in the "about" section, there's a weak cut and paste (http://www.facebook.com/pages/H-S-H-...4207&sk=info):

About
    28th armorial Head of the house of Bailey, Head of the Dynastic Order of the Green Cross.
    Biography
    Duke. Dux.
    During the 19th century many of the smaller German and Italian states were ruled by Dukes or Grand Dukes

Cyriacus also pronounced Syracuse was a Roman nobleman who converted to Christianity as an adult and, renouncing his material wealth, gave it away to the poor. He spent the rest of his life ministering to the slaves who worked in the Baths of Diocletian. Under the reign of Western Roman Emperor Maximian, co-emperor with Diocletian, Cyriacus was tortured and put to death, beheaded in 303 on the Via Salaria, where he was subsequently buried.
    Syracuse (Italian: Siracusa pronounced [siraˈkuːza] ( listen); Sicilian: Sarausa; Ancient Greek: Συρακοῦσαι Syrakoúsai)[2] is a historic city in Sicily, the capital of the province of Syracuse. The city is notable for its rich Greek history, culture, amphitheatres, architecture, After the Unification of Italy of 1865, Syracuse regained its status of provincial capital. In 1870 the walls were demolished

Tetrarch (Ancient Greek: Τετράρχης, Tetrárchēs, "ruler of a quarter"; later also Greek: Τέτραρχος, Tétrarchos) can refer to:

one of the four co-emperors of the Roman Empire under the Tetrarchy.
    minor provincial rulers of a territory divided in four parts: Tiggiano

The civic coat of arms of Tiggiano has a blue background and it represents the head of the god Janus, one The Baronial Castleof the most venerated Roman divinity. About the origin of this small village there are no historical documents. Probably it was founded during the Roman domination by a centurion, whose name was Titio or Tibius. He was given this land and he had decided to build his own house and that of his soldiers here. So the toponym of this village might come from the centurion's name. There are two other theories about the origins of Tiggiano: it might have been built by some people who had escaped from the destruction of the Casale of Valiano. According to the other theory the toponym might derive from the Latin word "tegula" meaning the place in which the soldiers who went to Vereto used to stop to feed their horses. During the feudal age the king Tancredi incorporated the centre into the County of Lecce. In 1270 the Angevins gave the feud to Rodolfo d' Alneto, Earl of Alessano. In 1309, the Balcony of the Baronial Castle successor of Charles I, Robert the Angevin, gave Tiggiano to the Arcellas, who were succeeded by the Della Marras and the De Petravaldas. In the XV century Tiggiano was ruled first by the Della Rattas, then by the Del Balzos and in the XVI century by the De Capuas, the Gonzagas and the Braydas. From the XVII century to 1806 this village was governed by the Tranes, the Gallones and the Serafini-Saulis.

My summary of the above is that Mr. Bailey states that Cyriacuz (also pronounced Syracuse) gave away his land, presumably named after himself. Syracuse was then tortured, killed and granted sainthood. Separately, the town of Tiggiano in Italy was divided into four parts and controlled by four different people.

So, my best guess is that Mr. Bailey went onto Ancestry.com and learned that one family member used to control land previously owned by Cyriacuz and that another family member controlled one fourth of the land in Tiggiano.

Because of this, he decided to take these titles that his centuries dead distant relatives had earned and use them himself. They are useless, self-aggrandizing titles. Hell, I used Ancestry.com and was able to trace lineage back to Charlemagne. I'm betting many others here could as well. All you have to do is trace back to some minor European nobility and it's easy from there. BTW, I'm related to one king, two queens and three dukes. I should be walking around wearing a crown and carrying a friggin' scepter, using Mr. Bailey's logic.

As to his HSH title, I can create my own martial art. I could give myself a 10th Dan and follow Asian "ranks", or I could go European and call myself HSH, Emperor, Almighty Anubis Acolyte (AAA, free towing!) or whatever else I want. Doesn't make it worth a damn to anyone but those who drink the kool-aid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 12:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, I wasn't meaning to hijack the thread to ask about Paul. I was suggesting that if people here considered him legit then they could contact him to ask about this H.S.H Douglas Bailey guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 11:18am

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For some reason, I cannot edit my previous post to include quote marks from the Facebook page. Additionally, I have no comment about Mr. Bailey's skill, either empty-hand or armed. I just found his whole "title" bit interesting.

Posted On:
    4/02/2013 4:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Yao Moon Kung Fu-ju jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it a bit difficult to imagine Mr. Bailey as a broadswords men since he has so much difficulty with his mobility. He does have a huge weight problem. He was claiming to be a relative of mine so he could attach himself to a person of genuine royal lineage. After a little digging, we were informed by others which showed us the proof of where he obtained the title of Prince of St. Cyriacuz... he now wants to be addressed as Duke. The title was purchased off ebay.com from a seller who has no legal right to bestow a title upon anyone. Only a King or Queen, or in lieu of a King or Queen, a Prince or Princess can bestow a royal title upon a person. Otherwise it is NOT VALID. He is connected to a group who basically high jacked an invalid Order of Knights and they invited Dr. Kim from Jung SuWon... We were told she gave money to an organization that in turn gave her a honorable doctorate certificate. Afterwards she began using the title and portraying that she was extremely educated and earned this title... then we were given a tour of her facilities and what we saw & were put through... well, I can only say that I have NEVER seen a true and balanced Master ever have people who have never practiced any type of Martial Arts breaking wood boards their very first attempt! This could have resulted in someone breaking a bone! It was reckless behavior. She then showed us clips of footage that were obviously pure propaganda that she had made for her self promotion. It was obviously some kind of strange Cult. Self professed Grand Master, Doctor, Grand Lady Knight are all titles she paid for. She paid $20,000 for the title of Grand Lady Knight from that same group that Mr. Bailey is in. As far as Bailey... we not only discovered his purchase from ebay for that the title of Duke of St. Cyriacuz (of no value other than printed on nice paper).... he is like this woman (one of his mentors) an unbalanced person seeking titles they cannot obtain legitimately, that sound important but have no legal validity. Heck, the Scottish Royal Arms has never heard of Mr. Bailey! What we were told by several people involved with the Scottish Clans is that Mr. Bailey is not the legal head of this Clan... he is self-proclaimed. I can only say, I feel very sorry for both of these people. They obviously have issues of insecurity and the need to seek out titles that allow them to have a feeling of importance. I myself, born with a title have said since childhood... that my title and story might get me a cup of coffee! LOL!! I think they should spend their time and energy doing things to help the fellow man instead of seeking out pieces of paper that are not worth the ink they are printed on! They should have used that money to help those who need it!!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    4/02/2013 4:54pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahairazaad View Post
    He is connected to a group who basically high jacked an invalid Order of Knights and they invited Dr. Kim from Jung SuWon... We were told she gave money to an organization that in turn gave her a honorable doctorate certificate. Afterwards she began using the title and portraying that she was extremely educated and earned this title... then we were given a tour of her facilities and what we saw & were put through... well, I can only say that I have NEVER seen a true and balanced Master ever have people who have never practiced any type of Martial Arts breaking wood boards their very first attempt! This could have resulted in someone breaking a bone! It was reckless behavior. She then showed us clips of footage that were obviously pure propaganda that she had made for her self promotion. It was obviously some kind of strange Cult. Self professed Grand Master, Doctor, Grand Lady Knight are all titles she paid for. She paid $20,000 for the title of Grand Lady Knight from that same group that Mr. Bailey is in.
    Are you talking about Tae Yun Kim? This woman?
    http://www.bullshido.org/Tae_Yun_Kim
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast