Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    9/11/2012 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKenner View Post
    My understanding is that you have to have undifferenced arms... which means you've got a title or some such thing. A Scottish title.
    That makes sense; this seems to be more of a self-appointed title though.

Highlander LOL!

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    9/11/2012 11:46am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slightly odd that the spelling "St cyriacuz" only shows up on Google in reference to Mr. Bailey. You would think a place large enough to have a duke would get more publicity.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    9/11/2012 11:53am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The order of the Green Cross. Very impressive. Founded by one Douglas Bailey to raise funds for children with autism, inspired by his own daughter.

http://www.orderofthegreencross.com/Imperial_ball.htm

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/11/2012 1:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, it is, but you don't get a pass for charity work when your claims are questioned..

Posted On:
    9/11/2012 4:09pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David: Bailey View Post
    I am David of the Clan Bailey. HSH Douglas Bailey is my Clan Chief and Liege Lord. What you speak of is boarder line Libel and Defamation. He IS what he claims and can prove it if you merely ask him.

He is a good man and we help children with Autism with the Order of the Green Cross and or Clan events. Please remain professional at all times when referring to someone who IS recognized in Italian, English and Scottish Law.
    I'm sorry. I know this isn't YMAS, but can we really have this thread without this?

Posted On:
    3/08/2013 8:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: RMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is real. He was my instructor almost 30 years ago. (He was trained in swords well before that, starting as a kid) He had a car accident that broke his spine_that is how he got big. I do not like his recall of his heritage, but it is also true, albeit of low interest to most or us.
    Anyway_ he was, and is a tough fighter. I stay in touch with him now for 3 decades.
    Because of him I can knock people on their ass with the true single punch and he trained us to be so used to pain we were never scared to be hit.
    All you twenty something talkers don't know **** about sparring bare knuckles, except the rare event you blab about.
    Doug is real and he can be real annoying. He is an amazing teacher. Simply put_if you don't have the courtesy to respect him when you meet him he will not have the courtesy to respect you. He follows the old ways of respect. He sees everyone equal or above him, unless they are a dick.

Posted On:
    3/08/2013 8:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: RMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is real. He was my instructor almost 30 years ago. (He was trained in swords well before that, starting as a kid) He had a car accident that broke his spine_that is how he got big. I do not like his recall of his heritage, but it is also true, albeit of low interest to most or us.
    Anyway_ he was, and is a tough fighter. I stay in touch with him now for 3 decades.
    Because of him I can knock people on their ass with the true single punch and he trained us to be so used to pain we were never scared to be hit.
    All you twenty something talkers don't know **** about sparring bare knuckles, except the rare event you blab about.
    Doug is real and he can be real annoying. He is an amazing teacher. Simply put_if you don't have the courtesy to respect him when you meet him he will not have the courtesy to respect you. He follows the old ways of respect. He sees everyone equal or above him, unless they are a dick.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    3/09/2013 2:59am

staff
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He has also failed nearly every litmus test for a reputable instructor.

Some key elements:
    Inflated self-administered titles? Check.
    Claims of expansive lineage that are unverifiable? Check.
    Insistence upon antiquated models of "respect" that preclude meaningful dialog?
    Check.
    No verifiable combat or competition history? Check.
    Physique indicative of sedentary lifestyle? Check.
    Random students with anecdotal claims pertaining to feats of prowess? Check.

We don't know Mr. Bailey any better than what he puts out there for us all to see. What we see follows a very distinct and common pattern in the martial arts community.

If he cares to address these things, we welcome the conversation, otherwise, it's a "walks like a duck/talks like a duck" scenario.

For the record, my Scottish title (as recognized by the Lord of Lyon) is "Laird." My wife bought it for me a couple of Christmases ago. It's real, official, and hereditary. It's also meaningless and silly. I also own 5 kilts and several swords, non of which makes me any more "Scottish" than the combination of immigrants that constitute my family tree. Enjoying the culture of your ancestors can be fun and enlightening, but LARPing medieval social constructs is just as weird as LARPing anything else.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/09/2013 7:26am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by evil_dog View Post
    I stay in touch with him now for 3 decades.
    Ah yes! And it begins!!!

Anyway_ he was, and is a tough fighter. .
    Yeah, no one questioned that.

Because of him I can knock people on their ass with the true single punch.
    Cool. Prove it.

Who are these twenty something talkers? Please point them out.

Wipiddy do!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2013 8:21am

Style: Bowie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ooh Ooh, Mistah Kottah! Can I play?

My Scottish ancestry:

:)

Apparently he was a rebel and revolutionary so they kicked him out and sent him to the New World colonies. ...where he promptly rebelled. :P

Who coulda seen that coming?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast