--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ILoveKickboxing?

I did a search and one thread didn't have much information (it was basically some guys pretending to kickbox via dice rolls over the internet lol).

The other thread didn't have much info either.

Basically, I live on LI and I just want to do train to be fit. I thought doing something like kickboxing would be more fun than just running or what have you (and I can't even run because of terrible flat feet).

I also have some knee and tendon problems that keep me from being able to grapple.

I know that this place ( karateinbethpage (dot) com/index.php ) isn't 'legit' because they offer b-day parties and no real school does that so I'd be kind of embarrassed to train there but tbh I'm not training to be a badass fighter or to pick up chicks I just want to be less fat and have better cardiovascular health.

What are your thoughts? What should I do? I'd be loath to pay top $ to train at a prestigious school when I have really have no intention of being a pro fighter or competing.

Thanks a lot.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.karateinbethpage.com/index.php
    Well they call it Fitness Kickboxing, I did some cardio kickboxing in school. It was fun.
    As long as you understand that its just a way to get an aerobic workout with 0 self defense application then you are probably going to be fine.
    This work out was hell on my knees so I am not sure how well yours will hold up.

Style
    Boxing, Rowing Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have knee problems, then most MA will be tough on you IMO.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tae-bo or P90x. Do it.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.