Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 4:29pm

Style: Muay Thai, Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KickPuncher View Post
    I see. I thought you meant there was a stance that had a plan on how to eat low kicks with some sort of defense, not choke to death on them.

Looks more like a training stance than a fighting stance.
    It usually is but I know one guy that sometimes does this in sparring, and doesn't get beat up from it.
    But that's mainly because he can throw a good side kick counter to the head from that position. He anticipates the low kick, or sweep kick, because that is what most people would throw when he takes such a deep stance, and counters upon it with the side kick. It's a gimmick but I've seen him surprise a couple of guys with it.
    Most who try to copy him simply eat the low kick though. (Which includes me.)

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 4:43pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KickPuncher View Post
    Yeah but what do you expect from someone with almost a decade of experience vs. a complete novice? The poor son of a bitch is barely putting anything out there, and his only defense is "back up in a straight line".

What MA did you finally settle on? I know you were shopping around a little while ago, just curious. Kyokushin? MT?
    I'm still doing Kyokushin but I wanted to crosstrain because the place I train is too much oriented for Knockdown with no Headpunches and no Clinch whatsoever

Posted On:
    8/02/2012 4:45pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Look, a lot of this discussion on "do this when this is done in this style" is just one of the many ways to deal with problems in any kickboxing style. Its not 'that style' that does this. Lower stance to deflect/eat leg kick while coming in for a counter: pretty standard defense, almost as standard as the leg check. Kickboxers move in and out of that low stance in punches and sometimes kicks.

I meant "eat" as their stance cant easily defend against lowkicks like a more narrow stance.
    the bouncy open stance has a few problems I think
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789