pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UCT View Post
    Either he is teaching ancient system and thus did not create it, or he created it and thus not an ancient system.
    Well, for the purposes of this discussion it sounds like you're in the position of showing that it was, in fact, an ancient system and therefore he didn't devise all of it. It sounds like what he actually did was dabble in a bunch of systems and suddenly became a master in them. If this is what happened, then his interpretation of those parts that he did learn, along with an attempt to merge dissimilar things together, could very well look different than in the old systems. I don't think it needs to be improved, or better, or even decent compared to the original system, just that its different, for him to say that its his thing.

If I suddenly started teaching kung fu again, what I taught and the training method would be different than what I originally learned in a formal setting. So, its easy to imagine that what he teaches isn't the same as what he originally learned. Especially if he's had 2 teachers. Especially especially if he's had more than 2.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 6:25pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Well, for the purposes of this discussion it sounds like you're in the position of showing that it was, in fact, an ancient system and therefore he didn't devise all of it. It sounds like what he actually did was dabble in a bunch of systems and suddenly became a master in them. If this is what happened, then his interpretation of those parts that he did learn, along with an attempt to merge dissimilar things together, could very well look different than in the old systems. I don't think it needs to be improved, or better, or even decent compared to the original system, just that its different, for him to say that its his thing.
    Go read some Shaolin-do threads. He claims direct lineage, taught by one Master, and that it is his original and patented system.

They are trying to show that it is "open source" and too hard to claim a full set as yours. The rank, name, and structure of learning could be patented, but a person's knowledge is stupid IMO.

If I suddenly started teaching kung fu again, what I taught and the training method would be different than what I originally learned in a formal setting.
    You would get sued if you were in his system. He would file an injunction to get you to stop teaching.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 10:00am

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wasn't SKT copyright on SD the method of teaching, not the material itself?

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 11:34am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think about that in a semantic manner and you'll see it is hard to separate.
    The method of teaching, according to SKT, is the forms. So, the method is the material.
    Basically, fot the instructor to keep teaching, they'll have to prove it is generic and available anywhere. Better yet, prove that others have the same material and only very specific parts of the art are his to copyright.

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 3:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He testified the names of his forms are ancient but the techniques are forgotten so he made them up.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 3:36pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the hell? If this is true LOL. Sorry, this is bullshido and we would like hard proof. When you can or are allowed you have to get us that transcript. There are novels (threads) that argue these forms are the originals. Bwahahahahaha that is some funny ****. It is even funnier that he recreated an entire style that mimics, move for move, many different arts.

He just confirmed what all the naysayers say about his entire art being made up.

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 7:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, he just admitted that the story of the burning hands killing the baby was a rumor. The true story is the master was cutting someone's hair and his hand was shakey and nicked the guys ear, so he quit teaching.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 12:55am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aren't there video responses by the guy?

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 1:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Video will be available in a week.

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 7:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got the transcript. If anyone wants it, give me an email address. Too big a file to post the whole thing
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast