Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 11:25pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mugger Dies after scuffle with wrestler.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1017421

A Newark thief was killed early Saturday after he got into a scuffle with a former high school wrestler while trying to rob the man, according to reports.

Cops say Gian Davis, 30, approached two local college kids at around 1:30 a.m. on Saturday and asked them for change, NBC New York reported.

When the men said no, Davis then asked if he could use one of their cell phones to call a cab.

When one of the men replied that he'd call a cab for him, Davis asked to shake the man's hand but then tried to snatch the man's phone, the Newark Star-Ledger reported.

Davis grabbed the man and began hitting him in the head, prompting his pal - who had wrestled in high school - to put Davis in a headlock.

Police sources told NBC the man's grip was so strong that Davis choked to death.

The two men stayed on the scene, and when police arrived, Davis was unconscious. He was pronounce dead less than an hour later at University Hospital.

The ex-wrestler and his friend have not been charged, and Essex County prosecutor assistant prosecutor Tom Fennelly told NBC they were cooperating with police.

Davis' rap sheet included arrests for assault and theft, and he was last released from prison on July 22.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1lZYUvYlK
    So there you have it, Wrestling has teh deadly. Your move Wing Chun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 2:17am

Style: Punk Rock

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Choked to death? He musta held that **** a LOOOOOONG time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 4:02am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ugh... this is the scary part about the people who watch UFC and "know a few moves" but don't understand the reality of what they're doing. What I'm trying to say is if this guy had just supplemented his training with a little BJJ, this never would've happened.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 4:43am

Style: Judo, BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And nothing of value was lost.

Good Riddance.

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 6:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Davis' rap sheet included arrests for assault and theft, and he was last released from prison on July 22.

....and he decides to take on 2 men...obviously one of Life's Winners.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 8:36am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTeefa View Post
    Ugh... this is the scary part about the people who watch UFC and "know a few moves" but don't understand the reality of what they're doing. What I'm trying to say is if this guy had just supplemented his training with a little BJJ, this never would've happened.
    I'm going to say no.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 9:46am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    newark at 1:30am? lucky they didn't get shot.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 10:11am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Explain where in the article it said that the men watched UFC?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 11:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is this the scary part? A mugger attacked someone and got killed for his trouble.

Yeah, I'm real scared about all those loose cannon wrestlers roaming the streets.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 12:06pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ugh... this is the scary part about the people who watch UFC and "know a few moves" but don't understand the reality of what they're doing.
    He was a wrestler, applying a headlock. Nothing was said about the UFC.

I'm not really scared knowing that some guys might try to UFC their way out of a scuffle. First of all, because I don't go around looking for fights, but secondly because I'd rather defend myself against a shitty no-clue flying triangle choke than a guy who realizes he doesn't know how to fisticuffs so he gets a weapon.

What I'm trying to say is if this guy had just supplemented his training with a little BJJ, this never would've happened.
    Neither you nor I could say what would've happened.
    Last edited by Permalost; 2/06/2012 12:09pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast